COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos
US$756
  • Breakfast included
Blue Haven Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$730
US$522
US$1,073
The Tuscany(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$946
US$918
Hotels.com
Ocean Club Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$458
Hotels.com
The Shore Club(Long Bay Beach)(Great Value!)
US$591
Royal West Indies Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$503
US$445
Caribbean Paradise Inn(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$281
US$211
Travelocity
The Oasis at Grace Bay(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$342
US$298
Grace Bay Club(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
US$1,120
US$747
All reviewsprivate islandspa menuplunge poolbeach villayoga and pilateswelcome centerkeith richardsa garden view roomminute boat ridespa treatmentsunderstated eleganceour honeymoonpool restaurantfour seasonswhisked awaymain buildingbbq night
Reviewed 9 January 2007

After reviewing every location in the caribbean, I selected Parrot Cay for our wedding and honeymoon (we eloped). I researched every travel magazine/book and read every review (on this site as well as others) and article written about Parrot to make certain this would be our dream location to start our lives together.

I booked directly through the hotel after speaking to Teejay who obtained us a great deal on a private villa. After working with
Rachel, she ensured me we would get the most private villa on the island. Shirley worked to make sure every detail of our stay and wedding was taken care of. Before even arriving, it was apparent 'service' was a priority of the hotel.

Our arrival to the island was met by a Parrot representative (they wait outside the airport for you) and we were taken to the boat which took us immediately to the hotel. The boat ride was a nice tour of the other islands before arriving to Parrot. A golf cart took us directly to our villa (no check in required) where champagne awaited our arrival.

If you can stay in a private villa, do it! The villa boasts a huge living room with sliding glass doors to the beach, plasma tv with dvd and stereo system (to hook your ipod to), dining area, two full bathrooms, private outside shower, master suite with a screened porch, private pool (kept at bath temperature), lounge chairs and umbrella both by the pool and down by the beach.

Room service was fast and the food was great. Everything posted about prices was accurate... it is not cheap. Accept that before going so it doesn't ruin your trip. Depending on how many days you stay, the food choices can seem redundant. The Terrace went out of their way to make the night before our marriage special (table full of flowers, etc.). The Lotus on Saturday nights has the best BBQ food we have ever had. The shrimp appetizer, lobster tail and chocolate crepes was one of the better meals we have ever had.

The landscape is very lush and the paths which flow through the grounds are great to walk around both day and night. There are tiki huts with beds and pillows where you can hang out and enjoy lunch (phones are at each to order cocktails, etc.). It is worth walking around and exploring the island.

We were married at the end of the boardwalk where the staff had decorated the space beautifully. Tropical Imaging did our photography. Everyone who has seen the photos has commented they are the best they have seen. If you are going with a loved one or family and want to have a special memory to bring home you, hire them to come and do a photo shoot. The images are very creative and not 'posed'.

Our reception dinner was held in a private cottage at the Shambahla and it was decorated beautifully with candles and flowers. We even had a special wedding cake created especially for us.

We went to the spa many times. The Javanease Bath is worth every penny. We also had a private yoga lesson, massages and the hot stone massage. The spa is definitely a big draw to the hotel's luxury status and gives you a different view of the island (the lagoon).

Service was fabulous at this hotel. Anywhere we wanted to go, a golf cart came to pick us up. If there was a problem with the housekeeping, one call and it was taken care of. We had some issues with the air conditioning not working properly and it was taken care of asap. Same with the smoke detector which went off at 4am. Clearly, the staff has been selected based on their ability to understand the value of service.

I'm unclear about the issues with the bug spray. We spoke to the guy who was spraying and he explained It is 100% natural (made from flowers). You couldn't smell or see it. And we only had one instance of bugs when out in our pool one night. I think the bug issue has been exaggerated and certainly is no reason not to come to Parrot.

Both bars are great and very stylish. The pool is breathtaking and the service there is immediate (even popsicles are brought to you). They have a full service workout facility. There is a library with internet access and pool tables.

The weather was perfect at times and rainy at others. It did rain, almost every day. For two days, it rained all day. I would like to go back when the weather is a little more consistent.

The beach is everything others have said. One of the best I have ever seen. Long beach to walk along with water multiple shades of blue. Also, great shells.

As for the experience. It was perfect. Granted, it might have been clouded by the fact that I was marrying the most wonderful man in the world, but the place was magical. The views, the service, the food, the villa... definitely a great place to get married and honeymoon.

20  Thank LindaMB
ThibautCOMO, Director of Sales at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Reviewed 12 December 2006

my third time here, wife's second.

Never disappoints, superb staff, mainly as a result of the owner's policy of importing key people.

Food is excellent and so is the ambiance......not really a spa couple but I heard good reports about Shambhala from other guests.

Beach attendants are very friendly and always anticipate beach needs.

Beach is unspoiled and cleaned every day......

Great value for money despite its high-end image and clientele

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
7  Thank roama

Reviewed 7 December 2006

I went to this property alone in late November in order to relax and reflect in the week preceeding my 50th birthday. I was looking for a low-key, classy, quiet and comfortable place which would allow me to decompress and take some time to be good to myself. Parrot Cay did not disappoint; in fact, all of my expectations were surpassed.

Understand that I have travelled extensively throughout the world. From backpacking for months through Europe after college, to staying in all sorts of moderate and high-end places, I have seen and experienced quite a bit. In fact, I worked within the travel industry for over eight years, and scouted out many hotels and resorts for the thousands of Americans I sent abroad on group tours.

This place is, hands-down, the most outstanding place I have ever stayed ... and I have stayed at Inverlochy Castle (Scotland), the Villa Cipriani (Asolo), the Hassler (Rome), Le Sireneuse (Positano), Hotel de Crillon (Paris), The Pierre, several Ritz-Carltons and Four Seasons, Enchantment Resort (Sedona), Hotel Marquesa (Key West), Caneel Bay (St. John) ... you get the idea.

From arrival through departure, everything was seamless. I had a garden view room - not much of a view, but who cares? Not overly fancy, but more than adequate. I basically slept there - outside is the place to be. The water was a sheer delight, the beach pristine. I took a walk on the long beach twice each day and rarely passed another person. The pool and the area around it were pleasant, dramatically situated with a view out toward the turquoise sea.

Spa treatments were top-notch, especially the 90-minute deep tissue massage, which I saved for my last day. An Ayurvedic treatment was surprisingly enjoyable (even with all of that hot oil).

I took a free yoga or pilates class each day, and have learned that I have a new interest - yoga- which I am continuing to pursue.

Food was outstanding and outrageously (really outrageously) expensive - healthy and fresh (where do they get such good food from?). And I cannot stop singing the praises of the service staff, especially Tiara, Namgay, and Kris.

Honestly, I could write on and on. My only criticism is that there were a number of self-important, entitled, narcissistic hedge fund manager types there who barked into their cell phones by the pool on a regular basis. I, for one, was not impressed. Maybe the hotel could have a "no cellphone" policy in all except one or two designated areas?

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled solo
16  Thank ExpertTripPlanner
ThibautCOMO, Director of Sales at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Good evening

Thank you for your stay at COMO Parrot Cay and your review.

Reviewed 26 November 2006

If you want an honest review from someone who works in the travel industry and visits at least 5 hotels a month read on!!

I visited Parrot Cay in September as part of a hotel site inspection for my travel company and I can say that it is one of the best hotels in the world. I have visited almost all of the best luxury hotels and this one deserves its place on the list!

IGNORE any of the mediocre reviews on here, I doubt any hotel would be good enough for these people. Any holiday is what you make it and if you go away looking for problems you will surely find something to moan about. I always go to hotels with a critical eye and I can assure you from a professional point of view this hotel is untouchable! The staff are great, extremley accomodating and clearly passoinate about Parrot Cay themselves.

On arrival in T&C we were whisked off to the island by speed boat and were met by our butler for the week, Renee. We were taken to our beach villa by a golf buggy and as we winded our way through the paths cut through the foilage we realised instantly we were somewhere very special.

Our villa was perfect, 100% luxury with a beautiful bedroom, 2 bathrooms, cosy living area and lovely outside decking with a plunge pool and comfy loungers. We had a private path down to the beach, and of all the beaches I have ever seen this was the best WOW! It was pratically empty, the sea was so clear and the sand white...beautiful!

There is nothing to do at Parrot Cay apart from relax and completely chill out. Bring some good books with you and settle down in the evening with a glass of wine to watch a dvd in the cosy lounge on the widescreen plasma tv. I f you want to spend your week without seeing another person its easily done at Parrot Cay. The spa is out of this world and the indian head massage is a must do! One thing that was missing from the resort was an organised scuba excursion or diving trips.

We had dinner one evening in our villa and our butler arranged everything from lighting candles, to pouring wine and serving the fabulous filet mignon. Otherwise there are two resturants to choose from and honestly....the food and drink is EXPENSIVE!!!! REALLY EXPENSIVE!! I personally thought the food was fab but very overpriced and small portions. But that really was the only down side to this perfect resort.

The resort has been built to fit around the land and the landscaping and nature is second to none. There is a lovely infinty pool and bar although we spent much of our time at our private plunge pool or on the beach. The bar in the main lobby was great for an early evening drink and the waiters very friendly. The standard rooms ar ein the main building, after inspecting these I would definately recommend paying extra for the beach villa.

On my last day I experienced an al fresco rinse in our private outdoor shower using the beautifully scented como shambala hair products and staring up at the lovely blue sky.....I knew other hotels would have to go a long way to match this one.

This really is my favourite hotel in the world and I have promised myself I will go back - ideally to get married here. If you are looking for a hidden gem thats elegant, peaceful and unsnobby - this is the place for you (just save up for those meals!). If you can only afford to visit one hotel like this in your lifetime....make it Parrot Cay. I have memories from this resort that will live in my heart forever - I may sound cheesy but I adore this place!

I purchased some of the hair products and the ergo candle while I was there, and on a rainy day in Manchester I take a shower and light the candle and am instantly transported back to my little piece of heaven!

If you want to ask any questions or want to see more pics please dont hesitate to contact me.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled on business
25  Thank TallulahBallulah

Reviewed 18 November 2006

We have stayed at several Como hotels, since we loved them and we live on this side of the world (South America) we gave a try to Tha Parrot Cay. We have been there 3 times going for the 4th. We simply love this tropical, holistic and amazing place.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple