“Loved Parrot Cay!”

COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Parrot Cay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 March 2007

I returned this afternoon from Parrot Cay, Turks. I couldn't wait to counter react to any negative reviews!!! Anyone who gives this hotel a bad review will never be happy at any upscale hotel. If you are looking for a place to simply relax this is the place. There is no reggae or carribean music by the pool, or some crazy bartender making you 'zany' drinks (by the way the drinks were awesome) or dancing at some disco. You are at an upscale yet simple retreat. You are forced to relax (which comes naturally from the phenominal and attentive service of the entire staff). The cuisine is simply delicious. There are only 2 restaurants and you never need a reservation (ever). Room service is also available and very good too! Book your spa appointments in advance because of how phenominal they truly are! I normally never have a facial done when I'm away, but I had to experience their hot stone and facial treatment. It was 75 minutes of being in a coma of relaxation! My one and only downfall of my 7 days at Parrot Cay was being tormented by the sounds of two obnoxious parents with their 3 kids. While the pool guests were reading and sleeping in peace and harmony, the father of these 3 kids kept yelling at them while the mother could care less. Some of the guests were tallking about them and couldn't wait until they left. They were throwing a football in the pool and splashing the guests! They were loud, pompous and obnoxious. In my opinion, this is not a place for kids. Other than that, I cannot wait to book my trip back!!!! Thanks again to the wonderful staff at Parrot Cay!!!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
10  Thank baligirlNewYork
ThibautCOMO, Director of Sales at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Reviewed 12 February 2007

We just returned for a too-short trip at Parrot Cay - 4 days. We wish we were still there! In researching our trip, it seemed there was a clear split on Parrot Cay - you either loved it or you hated it...not much in the middle. For those who hated it, there three common themes: too many bugs and the presence of insecticide, the food was too expensive, and/or there was "nothing to do" there.

Let me address the latter first. You don't go to a place like Parrot Cay if you are looking for action. You go to a place like Parrot Cay if you are looking to get away from it all, relax, enjoy the offerings of the spa. For those purposes, it is perfect. Small, exclusive, not crowded. You couldn't ask for better. And there is plenty to do if you're looking for something more to do than enjoy the beach.

Maybe the insect thing is seasonal, but when we were there there were no bugs that we encountered, nor was there a pervasive smell of insecticide whatsoever. You could sit on your veranda at night and enjoy without fear of getting eaten alive by bugs as some have complained.

And yes, the food was on the expensive side, but no more expensive than current rates at popular "big city" restaurants. And the food you get for the money is absolutely outstanding.

The staff is A+, the spa cannot be matched, the beach is perfect. If you come away from a trip here with anything but great memories of Parrot Cay you either a.) will never be satisfied with anything, or b.) just plain chose the wrong resorts to meet your personality/needs.

If you're looking for a relaxing getaway and you're on the fence about Parrot Cay...JUST GO!!! You'll love it!

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
13  Thank WearyWITraveller

Reviewed 31 January 2007

Parrot Cay is incredible! We stayed there for 5 nights and hated to leave. The staff was wonderful and friendly. The spa was terrific and very relaxing. The food was great at every meal. It is a beautiful resort and great for a quiet getaway. The pool fits right into the landscape and the huts that are spread along the beach are terrific for reading and relaxing. At night you can see millions of stars. We would highly recommend Parrot Cay to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
13  Thank PBCDayton

Reviewed 17 January 2007

Had a wonderful time. Was there in November - The spa is the finest I've ever experienced. The staff could not have been better. The food was stunning. The beach was completely bare.

I saw someone mentioning the "spraying each morning". I was too really concerned about that too (since I jogged by it one morning) until I mentioned it to a staff member and the told me that they use an fully organic pesticide that is not harmful in anyway. Having been to other places in the Caribbean that were full of bugs, this was refreshing and a great way to handle the situation.

Would like more options on the menu. I stayed 5 days and got sick of the room service.

Stayed: December 2006
9  Thank Mendyinthebigcity!

Reviewed 9 January 2007

After reviewing every location in the caribbean, I selected Parrot Cay for our wedding and honeymoon (we eloped). I researched every travel magazine/book and read every review (on this site as well as others) and article written about Parrot to make certain this would be our dream location to start our lives together.

I booked directly through the hotel after speaking to Teejay who obtained us a great deal on a private villa. After working with
Rachel, she ensured me we would get the most private villa on the island. Shirley worked to make sure every detail of our stay and wedding was taken care of. Before even arriving, it was apparent 'service' was a priority of the hotel.

Our arrival to the island was met by a Parrot representative (they wait outside the airport for you) and we were taken to the boat which took us immediately to the hotel. The boat ride was a nice tour of the other islands before arriving to Parrot. A golf cart took us directly to our villa (no check in required) where champagne awaited our arrival.

If you can stay in a private villa, do it! The villa boasts a huge living room with sliding glass doors to the beach, plasma tv with dvd and stereo system (to hook your ipod to), dining area, two full bathrooms, private outside shower, master suite with a screened porch, private pool (kept at bath temperature), lounge chairs and umbrella both by the pool and down by the beach.

Room service was fast and the food was great. Everything posted about prices was accurate... it is not cheap. Accept that before going so it doesn't ruin your trip. Depending on how many days you stay, the food choices can seem redundant. The Terrace went out of their way to make the night before our marriage special (table full of flowers, etc.). The Lotus on Saturday nights has the best BBQ food we have ever had. The shrimp appetizer, lobster tail and chocolate crepes was one of the better meals we have ever had.

The landscape is very lush and the paths which flow through the grounds are great to walk around both day and night. There are tiki huts with beds and pillows where you can hang out and enjoy lunch (phones are at each to order cocktails, etc.). It is worth walking around and exploring the island.

We were married at the end of the boardwalk where the staff had decorated the space beautifully. Tropical Imaging did our photography. Everyone who has seen the photos has commented they are the best they have seen. If you are going with a loved one or family and want to have a special memory to bring home you, hire them to come and do a photo shoot. The images are very creative and not 'posed'.

Our reception dinner was held in a private cottage at the Shambahla and it was decorated beautifully with candles and flowers. We even had a special wedding cake created especially for us.

We went to the spa many times. The Javanease Bath is worth every penny. We also had a private yoga lesson, massages and the hot stone massage. The spa is definitely a big draw to the hotel's luxury status and gives you a different view of the island (the lagoon).

Service was fabulous at this hotel. Anywhere we wanted to go, a golf cart came to pick us up. If there was a problem with the housekeeping, one call and it was taken care of. We had some issues with the air conditioning not working properly and it was taken care of asap. Same with the smoke detector which went off at 4am. Clearly, the staff has been selected based on their ability to understand the value of service.

I'm unclear about the issues with the bug spray. We spoke to the guy who was spraying and he explained It is 100% natural (made from flowers). You couldn't smell or see it. And we only had one instance of bugs when out in our pool one night. I think the bug issue has been exaggerated and certainly is no reason not to come to Parrot.

Both bars are great and very stylish. The pool is breathtaking and the service there is immediate (even popsicles are brought to you). They have a full service workout facility. There is a library with internet access and pool tables.

The weather was perfect at times and rainy at others. It did rain, almost every day. For two days, it rained all day. I would like to go back when the weather is a little more consistent.

The beach is everything others have said. One of the best I have ever seen. Long beach to walk along with water multiple shades of blue. Also, great shells.

As for the experience. It was perfect. Granted, it might have been clouded by the fact that I was marrying the most wonderful man in the world, but the place was magical. The views, the service, the food, the villa... definitely a great place to get married and honeymoon.

20  Thank LindaMB

Reviewed 12 December 2006

my third time here, wife's second.

Never disappoints, superb staff, mainly as a result of the owner's policy of importing key people.

Food is excellent and so is the ambiance......not really a spa couple but I heard good reports about Shambhala from other guests.

Beach attendants are very friendly and always anticipate beach needs.

Beach is unspoiled and cleaned every day......

Great value for money despite its high-end image and clientele

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
7  Thank roama

Reviewed 7 December 2006

I went to this property alone in late November in order to relax and reflect in the week preceeding my 50th birthday. I was looking for a low-key, classy, quiet and comfortable place which would allow me to decompress and take some time to be good to myself. Parrot Cay did not disappoint; in fact, all of my expectations were surpassed.

Understand that I have travelled extensively throughout the world. From backpacking for months through Europe after college, to staying in all sorts of moderate and high-end places, I have seen and experienced quite a bit. In fact, I worked within the travel industry for over eight years, and scouted out many hotels and resorts for the thousands of Americans I sent abroad on group tours.

This place is, hands-down, the most outstanding place I have ever stayed ... and I have stayed at Inverlochy Castle (Scotland), the Villa Cipriani (Asolo), the Hassler (Rome), Le Sireneuse (Positano), Hotel de Crillon (Paris), The Pierre, several Ritz-Carltons and Four Seasons, Enchantment Resort (Sedona), Hotel Marquesa (Key West), Caneel Bay (St. John) ... you get the idea.

From arrival through departure, everything was seamless. I had a garden view room - not much of a view, but who cares? Not overly fancy, but more than adequate. I basically slept there - outside is the place to be. The water was a sheer delight, the beach pristine. I took a walk on the long beach twice each day and rarely passed another person. The pool and the area around it were pleasant, dramatically situated with a view out toward the turquoise sea.

Spa treatments were top-notch, especially the 90-minute deep tissue massage, which I saved for my last day. An Ayurvedic treatment was surprisingly enjoyable (even with all of that hot oil).

I took a free yoga or pilates class each day, and have learned that I have a new interest - yoga- which I am continuing to pursue.

Food was outstanding and outrageously (really outrageously) expensive - healthy and fresh (where do they get such good food from?). And I cannot stop singing the praises of the service staff, especially Tiara, Namgay, and Kris.

Honestly, I could write on and on. My only criticism is that there were a number of self-important, entitled, narcissistic hedge fund manager types there who barked into their cell phones by the pool on a regular basis. I, for one, was not impressed. Maybe the hotel could have a "no cellphone" policy in all except one or two designated areas?

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled solo
16  Thank ExpertTripPlanner
ThibautCOMO, Director of Sales at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Good evening

Thank you for your stay at COMO Parrot Cay and your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Parrot Cay
Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
The Regent Grand
The Regent Grand
#6 of 44 in Providenciales

Been to COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos? Share your experiences!