“4th and worst trip to Parrot Cay” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Parrot Cay
GreenLeadersSilver level
NJ
“4th and worst trip to Parrot Cay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2007

In June we went to Parrot Cay for the fourth time. In the past we loved everything about the resort. This trip proved otherwise. The food was horrible. From brown lettuce to over cooked meat. What made it worse was that the management didn't seem to care. For the price of this resort, everything should be fabulous, which was definitely not the case.

• Liked — the beach
  • Disliked — the food
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
7 Thank JNJK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Guernsey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2007

After reading some reviews I was slightly scepticle as we on our honey moon. I wanted everything to be perfect and perfect it was!!
We were greeted at the airport and transfered to the marina (this part could of been nicer) wear we got the boat to parrot cay! It is so beautifull on arrival. You get such a feeling of paradise. Check in was great and it was nice to be given champagne! The rooms are shabby sheek, clean and the products are great. The pool area is breath taking and very intimate. You don't often see many ppeople around. The beech is by far the best I have ever seen. It's just gorgeous. The wine is expensive but not ridiculous. The food is lovely although after a week we just wanted some "normal food!" The breakfasts are the best i've had.The staff are trained to a very high standard. I loved this place and would go back tomorrow. I will deffinatly go back!

• Liked — the beautifull setting and intamicy!
  • Disliked — The transfer from the airport and the guy Dave that sits at the bar and pretends he owns the place.... most annoying!
3 Thank farmerjones
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2007

I just returned and I will never go back. I went based on the reviews
I read here. I guess if went with a boyfriend or husband it may have been bearable. As a single woman looking to get away,,bring lots of books and pesticide. Either the bugs or the sheer boredom will kill you. The staff is almost as sleepy as the island itself. I've been to better Spas in the states and spent half the money. The rooms were sub-standard for the price and the island itself is overrated. The food was outrageously expensive and mediocre at best. Say Nay to Parrot Cay.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — the bugs
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
18 Thank SpaLady2007
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2007

fantastic hotel great style and lots and lots off great stuff. loved the diving and the totaly relaxed atmospher. top place

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank nothereplease
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2007

My husband and I just returned from our annual anniversary trip to a caribbean resort. We have stayed in some of the nicest resorts in places like Anguilla, Antigua, St John... this place was our overall favorite. The complaints I have read seem small compared to the whole experience. Yes, it takes time to get there but it is well worth it. You need to just relax and enoy whats to come. We loved the short boat ride. It gave us an opportunity to see some of the celebs homes! The beach was secluded and the beach service was unbelievable. The beach staff serve cold towels and fresh mango popsicles every day! They also serve you as needed. If you like water sports or just want to try they will give you a lesson. The food was amazing, although I was not into the items on the menu, the staff gladly had meals prepared to my liking no questions asked. The service was superb! Friendly, welcoming and always making sure everything was just right! We will certainly go back, not a day of rain(not even a sprinkle!) white powder sand and service that you think only the famous get!!

• Liked — service
7 Thank ConnecticutEscapist
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2007

My husband and I just returned from a 4 day/ 3 night package stay at Parrot Cay. I have never written a hotel review before, but I felt like this resort deserved another 5 star review.

After we arrived at the resort, we were led through the lobby and seated on a comfortable couch near the bar. Our complimentary drink order was taken, and we were given a cool, wet, wonderfully scented washcloth to wipe down our face and hands. This was very refreshing after the 40 minute boat ride to get to Parrot Cay. We soon learned that the scent of the washcloth was that of the Como Shambhala spa's Invigorate product that is found all around the island. It is a scent that my husband and I will forever associate with this relaxing vacation. It is the combination of eucalyptus, geranium, lavender, and peppermint.

After we checked in, we were given a tour of the common areas and were shown our room. We were given a quick lesson on the air conditioning system (the air shuts off when your baloncy doors are opened) and our luggage was delivered to our room.

We were anxious to get in a swim before dinner, so we threw on our bathing suits and headed for the pool. The zero edge pool is breath taking and was the perfect temperature for the hot tropical weather. Then we walked down to the beach to check out the amazing view of the powder white sand and crystal blue water. We couldn't believe how beautiful everything was.

I was grateful that we arrived on a Saturday because I learned that this is the only night of the week that the Lotus restaurant (one of the resort's two restaurants) holds a BBQ grill style meal. The food every night at both restaurants was delicious, but this was by far my favorite. My husband is usually a very picky eater (doesn't vary much from traditional American cuisine) but he was able to find something at every meal that he was willing to try (with a few minor accomodations that the chefs were more than willing to make) and he was impressed with everything he tried. The servers were from Bali and were all very, very nice. Several of them seemed eager to hold a conversation with us about their native country and their job, but always stood off to the side unless my husband or I started the conversation.

The highlight of our trip was visiting the spa. My husband and I both had the Como Shambhala 1 hour massage scheduled for our second day of our trip. We requested that we be in the same room for the massage, and my husband requested that he had a female give him his massage. Both requests were met and the massages exceeded our expectations. We both almost fell asleep! One massage for each of us was included in our package, but we enjoyed them so much that we ended up booking another massage for each of us on our third day of our trip.

This is not a good place for families with young children. We left ours at home with Grandma, and I know the other guests appreciated that. There was one family there with two small children who were pretty loud at the pool, but luckily we only saw them one day during our stay. This was definitely a trip that I will never forget, and I would encourage any couple looking for a quiet place to relax to go to Parrot Cay.

• Liked — Relaxing, spa, service, food
  • Disliked — travel connections from airport to resort (crowded van and boat ride)
7 Thank busaring
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2007

Went for a quick last minute weekend break - I just wish we had decided to go for a longer stay. The arrival is the start of the magical experience. Because Parrot Cay is a private island, you really do feel 'part of the crowd' as you pass the celebrity homes on the resort's private boat transfer. We stayed in the main building in a beautiful, simply designed, but elegant suite. There was a beautiful balcony, with sea views and spending my morning with a coffee, on an antique day bed was the start of a perfect day (every day...). We managed to see the beach accommodation, which are beautiful (in hindsight, we should have stayed there) and I understand that you can also rent some of the homes. The beach is a real plus - powder white sands and because it is just the hotel guests on the island - secluded paradise (it is so refreshing to not be hassled by beach touts). Dined in both restaurants, which offer amazing fish/seafood (Asian influenced) and Italian cuisine. The COMO Shambhala spa blows you away. The view from the reception sets the tone and the quality of treatments is first class. There are a lot of staff from Bali at the hotel - so friendly and exceptional service. We went on one trip - to Iguana Island, which is very disappointing (and overpriced). Luckily we stopped off for some great snorkelling on the way back. Parrot Cay breaks the mould of your typical Carribean resort. It's simple approach to luxury is so refreshing. I am so bored by hotels that try too hard - creating an intimidating environment. Parrot Cay gets the formula so right. The perfect place to relax and rejuvinate. You can see why every 'A Lister' in the world chooses this resort.

• Liked — Spa
  • Disliked — Iguana Island trip
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with friends
Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
The Regent Grand
The Regent Grand
#7 of 45 in Providenciales

Been to COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos? Share your experiences!