“Incredible staff! Went into early labor at Parrot Cay. The caring staff safely evacuated us!”

COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Parrot Cay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 January 2011

A month ago, while visiting Parrot Cay, I went into early labor with my first born. With incredible efficiency and care, the amazing staff evacuated us from Parrot Cay to the newly built hospital in Provo where I gave birth to a healthy baby boy.

I really cannot say enough positive things about the staff at Parrot Cay! The nurse on staff, Siti, was very kind, calm, and wise when she examined a clueless pregnant woman in labor. The decision to relocate us to the hospital couldn't have been smarter! She and staff did everything perfectly! Our son was born within an hour of arrival.

Everyone worked like clockwork at Parrot Cay! What an amazing team of fluid professionals they all are! From Siti, Sika, Sheila, and Tia getting us out the door of our room, to the careful golf cart driver, and team of people waiting for us at the boat! Thank you Captain Whitfield and first mate Jaran for your speeding fast, yet smooth boat driving! Thank you Earl for your fast, yet careful van driving. Thank you Putra for your guidance along the way.

It was truly an amazing experience that I will never forget. I look forward to visiting again with a toddler.

(I would note that any pregnant women should contact the hospital ahead of time if they plan on traveling in the later part of their term and/or consider whether or not they are up for such excitement during their labors. I loved it tho.)

3  Thank asdfadsfasdf
ParrotCay164, Manager at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2011

Thank you and we sincerely appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to Parrot Cay - Hotel Manager

There are newer reviews for COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos

Reviewed 27 December 2010

My daughter and I spent a week at the resort. We absolutely loved our stay. There are many beautiful locations in the area but I have never had such good food at a Carribean resort. The landscaping was exquisite and the architecture blended beautifully with the resort. The website does not fully capture its beauty. There is nowhere to go because the resort occupies the whole island, but we were quite content going to yoga classes, using the fitness room, and reading by the pools and on the beach. Even though the resort was fairly full, it was easy to find comfortable lounge chairs with a beautiful view and no one in sight. And the service was impeccable and friendly. This is a very special resort and I recommend it without any qualification for travelers who love understated elegance and are seeking a peaceful destination.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank aestheticsfan

Reviewed 6 December 2010

We loved it!!! My husband and I with our three and nine year old. I wanted to stay at Beaches, but my husband insisted on staying here where it would be quiet. Some real family time and where it would be quiet and away from people. Oh, boy was he right!!! It was great!!!! Was able to read my book while the kids played in the sand ..it was just wonderful. When we left ..at the airport I met someone who said they had a horrible time at Beaches..it was so loud and everything... Honestly, Parrot Cay was one of our best vacations besides our honeymoon in Tahiti. Yes, there were these huge bugs, but if you want to be a traveler you have to learn to see things and deal with them even if its a high end hotel. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful (even spraying our room). We loved it and so did our children!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 November 2010

We just returned from a too-brief stay at Parrot Cay. I would have to say that the beach is even nicer than Grace Bay, due probably because there are no other hotels, and therefore, very few people. The resort reminded me of an old style plantation, with winding, natural stone walkways. No cars, just a few golf carts. At first, I thought that there were few guests on property, but at mealtimes, the 2 restaurants were quite full. I credit this to excellent design. You feel as if you have the place to yourselves.

The food was excellent and the menu changes every 3 days, according to the staff. Because it is geared towards spa services, there is always a "spa menu" (read: healthy) and a general air of quiet luxury.

But best of all, the staff was superior. They have the art of service down to a fine art. Always there if you need something, but not hovering. Friendly and warm. I would have to say that I have never encountered a staff that, without exception, was so excellent.

My only negative comment would be about the rooms. We had a garden view king. In other circumstances, I would be quite content....but this is a VERY expensive resort and I would have expected "spectacular"....But that may be the fault of my level of "expectation". The bed was verrrry comfortable...with obviously high thread count sheets.

If you are looking for a quiet getaway, on a beautiful beach, with more spa services than you could ever have time to try, with phenomenal service, this is your place!

1  Thank dejs

Reviewed 15 November 2010

My husband and I travelled here for our honeymoon. This place is out of this world. The service was unreal, we have never experience staff as attentive as this. The atmosphere was very relaxing, almost too relaxing. The food is out of this world. One of the staff members I was talking to said that the chef is from Venice, wherever he/she is from - they know what they are doing. The pool and beach are perfect.

Parrot Cay was a stunning honeymoon destination and we couldn't possibly say that there was anything less than perfect here; however, we are both outgoing people and no one at this resort really wants anything to do with anyone else. This is probably a positive for most people travelling here and also probably one of the main reasons they go here but for us, it was a little bit too quiet.

Either way, I am so happy we picked it for our honeymoon for it's romantic atmosphere, excellent service and beautiful setting.

Reviewed 9 September 2010

Parrot Cay embodies what a five-star resort should be; it executes and doesn't pretend. The resort is on a secluded portion of the island with a main-house with guest-houses and more expensive bungalows closer to the beach.

Staff. Best-trained staff I've ever experienced. Attentive, friendly, knowledgable. Literally anticipate your needs before you do. Most of the staff is imported from Southeast Asia.

Food. Unreal. Choice of regular menu or healthy menu. Every dish was fresh, well-prepared and top shelf. No expense was spared here. Note: I'm lived in San Francisco for 17 years and am a evangelical foodie. I seriously challenge any SF restaurant to beat this. Seriously. 2nd Note: Who ever knew the Best turkey club ever would have been found here?

Pool/Beach. The place to go. Great bar. The infinity pool and surrounding huts are comfortable, making a fully-relaxing experience. The beach is right there so hang at the white-sand beaches. Bliss.

Extra-credit. The spa and daily pilates, yoga classes were great. Andrea really knows her yoga and was SUPER in dealing with all yoga types. Wish she taught Yoga here.

I'm probably missing some things here, but what's the point? Perfection.

My girlfriend and I will be coming back and want to visit the other Como locations, esp if PC is any reflection.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MHSquared

Reviewed 8 September 2010

My husband & I travel a few times a year for vacations and have been to many of the nation's and Caribbean's best resorts. Parrot Cay is by far one of the most beautiful places to be in when all you want is seclusion, pampering, and fantastic food - all in a beautiful, lush & serene setting.

Our only complaint has to do with American Airlines: when I booked our flights, it was for a nonstop direct from JFK to Provenciales, however, about a month ago, they no longer have nonstop direct so we were forced to do a stopover. And of course, they changed our flight to a much later flight which would've gotten us to Parrot Cay after 9:30 pm!!! So my travel agent changed us back to the earlier flight. And that incurred a change-of-flight charge! On a more positive note, the GM of Parrot Cay - Grant - told us that JetBlue may provide nonstop direct flights very soon. Yay for JetBlue, BOO for AA!

Back to wonderful Parrot Cay - there are 2 restaurants there that you can eat at - Lotus Restaurant and Terrace Restaurant. However, you can also order food from the Como Shambala menu (lower in fat, sodium & healthier foods) and the room service menu, and the selections are HUGE! You won't run out of varieties - and the food is top notch no matter what you order.

Rooms are very clean and roomy although not "plush" but it's very comfotable - loaded with enough amenities.

The Como Shambala spa is wonderful and serene, and the therapists are top-notch. I can only say good things about this place. Overall, a really great place to go to, however, make sure you're keeping tabs on your food & beverage orders if you're not on any packages. We'll definitely go back for another vacation!

Thank you to all the friendly staff (Nolie - the hotel mgr; the front office staff whom we've met; Fadzil at the Spa; Eka(recreation, & the best Ginger Mojito mixer!), Azmie (bar), Don & Yoga at the restaurants - you guys are the best!! And of course, Grant - the GM - thanks for a job well done! We'll hopefully see you all very soon.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
The Regent Grand
The Regent Grand
#6 of 44 in Providenciales

Been to COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos? Share your experiences!