My last review of the Chelmswood Motel in Taupo was a poor one. And left behind a very bad feeling about NZ hospitality. Thankfully this lovely spot in the world has renewed my faith in our ability to get it right. The staff were really friendly and helpful across the board dealing with a variety of guests with really delightful efficiency,grace and a genuine desire for everyone to feel carefree for and special. I was a busy weekend the hotel was full and one large group in had the potential to be noisy. The design and privacy of the chalets meant that we heard nothing just birds and the trees moving in the breeze . The facilities
are ample and well presented. We were weary as on reading recent reviews we wondered about the state of upgrades. Our room was finished as were all others they did still have a table to replace and beside tables but bathroom,bed,tv ,carpet ,tiles etc all brand new.A few quirks, the jug is difficult to fill due to shape of new basin and the lighting is quite sparce. These are minor details given the lovely new upgrades and unique environment of puka park. The restaurant is pricey so beware.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort is located at Pauanui Beach on the Coromandel Peninsula, 2 hours drive south east of Auckland. This luxurious, secluded hideaway features 48 chalets set in 10 hectares of native bushland, an award winning restaurant, guest lounge and sun decks with views overlooking Pauanui and the Pacific Ocean. Facilities include a tennis court, swimming pool and the nearby beach has 3km of golden sand and renowned for surfing. There are many bush tracks to explore and array of activities in the Coromandel region. A ferry service operates to nearby Tairua, home to cafes and art galleries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, ACCOR, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Hotel Pauanui
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort Pauanui, Coromandel Peninsula, New Zealand