Our room was fabulous & if like me you enjoy a soak in the bath then it is well worth paying for a Rimu room, I was like a prune for most of our stay! The service was unobtrusive though professional. I particularly liked the way that the linen & more supplies are left on a peg outside your room if they suspect you are still there. As if by magic should you ever get out of the bath & indeed the room then a fairy pops in to make your bed for you!
Breakfast was plentiful but as has been said before uninspiring & quite expensive compared to other local restaurants.
Our evening meal was absolutely delicious & the service just right, attentive though not intimidating. The menu selection was limited which meant we only dined there one night as there was nothing else we fancied.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort is located at Pauanui Beach on the Coromandel Peninsula, 2 hours drive south east of Auckland. This luxurious, secluded hideaway features 48 chalets set in 10 hectares of native bushland, an award winning restaurant, guest lounge and sun decks with views overlooking Pauanui and the Pacific Ocean. Facilities include a tennis court, swimming pool and the nearby beach has 3km of golden sand and renowned for surfing. There are many bush tracks to explore and array of activities in the Coromandel region. A ferry service operates to nearby Tairua, home to cafes and art galleries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Hotel Pauanui
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort Pauanui, Coromandel Peninsula, New Zealand