When we booked this hotel, I was not sure what to expect! It was secluded which was nice and we hardly saw anyone. When we checked in we were pleasantly surprised by how nice the room was. It was more of a cabin than a hotel room. It had a small kitchenette and wonderful bathroom. The bed was a Murphy bed and was more comfortable then I expected. I slept very well here despite the lack of air conditioning. That is probably the only major thing I did not like. Also, we took the suggestions of the staff and fell into some attractions we were not planning on seeing. Would definitely recommend staying here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort is located at Pauanui Beach on the Coromandel Peninsula, 2 hours drive south east of Auckland. This luxurious, secluded hideaway features 48 chalets set in 10 hectares of native bushland, an award winning restaurant, guest lounge and sun decks with views overlooking Pauanui and the Pacific Ocean. Facilities include a tennis court, swimming pool and the nearby beach has 3km of golden sand and renowned for surfing. There are many bush tracks to explore and array of activities in the Coromandel region. A ferry service operates to nearby Tairua, home to cafes and art galleries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelsClick so you can book your Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Hotel Pauanui
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort Pauanui, Coromandel Peninsula, New Zealand