Spent a couple of nights here with my partner recently to celebrate our 3 year anniversary. The chalet was nice enough although I dont think it was quite up to the standard I would expect for that price. There was no one staying in the adjoining chalet which was good because there is no privacy from your neighbour on the balcony apart from a bare trellis dividing the two decks. There were a few windows without blinds which meant we got woken up quite early by the light but the bed was very comfortable. The grounds seemed quite unkempt but I guess keeping all of the paths swept with that many trees and plant life would be a never ending job. The restaurant was nice enough but not much atmosphere and the food didnt quite deliver considering the prices.
We didnt use the pool since it was full of children but we did book massages in advance at the day spa for massages. Was nice apart from being situated right next to the pool - the sound of screaming children was not very relaxing and for the prices they charge you expect the room to be quiet at the very least.
Wouldnt tell someone not to visit but wouldnt really recommend it either. I think for that price you could find much nicer places to stay on the coromandel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort is located at Pauanui Beach on the Coromandel Peninsula, 2 hours drive south east of Auckland. This luxurious, secluded hideaway features 48 chalets set in 10 hectares of native bushland, an award winning restaurant, guest lounge and sun decks with views overlooking Pauanui and the Pacific Ocean. Facilities include a tennis court, swimming pool and the nearby beach has 3km of golden sand and renowned for surfing. There are many bush tracks to explore and array of activities in the Coromandel region. A ferry service operates to nearby Tairua, home to cafes and art galleries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., ACCOR, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Hotel Pauanui
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort Pauanui, Coromandel Peninsula, New Zealand