Lovely chalets surrounded by beautiful forest, lush ferns, extoic birds! But service is lacking and the rooms are not set up to accommodate a stay of more than a day or 2. Although the room and deck is large enough, none of the furniture has drawers or shelves, and we were allocated only 6 hangers in the closet. When we asked for more hangers, they said they do not allow that. Furthermore, watch your bill because we were charged for restaurant meals that we did not attend! We stayed 11 days as a Time Share Exchange, and we had no place to put clothes or toiletries. No cooking facilities at all either. No laundry--not even a coin-op. Very steep hill leads down to beach, and although the walk back up is exhausting, the resort would not provide a ride, not even for payment. There are no taxi services or car rentals in Pauanui Beach. Except for the terrible hill to the resort, it would be a fine village to walk around. New Zealand is an English speaking country, but Puka Park's reception people do not necessarily speak or understand English very well. This resport is a beautiful place, but management has forgotten hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort is located at Pauanui Beach on the Coromandel Peninsula, 2 hours drive south east of Auckland. This luxurious, secluded hideaway features 48 chalets set in 10 hectares of native bushland, an award winning restaurant, guest lounge and sun decks with views overlooking Pauanui and the Pacific Ocean. Facilities include a tennis court, swimming pool and the nearby beach has 3km of golden sand and renowned for surfing. There are many bush tracks to explore and array of activities in the Coromandel region. A ferry service operates to nearby Tairua, home to cafes and art galleries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Accorhotels.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Hotel Pauanui
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort Pauanui, Coromandel Peninsula, New Zealand