In Feb 2011 we went to Whangamata for a long weekend - 4 families each with at least 4 children.
I honestly think the kids had the best time of the year together as they really enjoyed hanging out in the pool (even the spa and the kids pool as they have three different pools) and on the beach.
The beach in Whangamata, particulary at the Surf Club, is awesome. You can surf there during the whole year, even in winter.
We stayed in an appartement each with a lounge, kitchen, bathroom and two bedrooms. We even had enough space that the kids could watch TV together.
If you want to escape your everyday life just for a weekend and don''t have money I really recommend Palm Pacific Resort in Whangamata! Take your family and friends and enjoy a beautiful stay and let the friendly and lovely staff helping you to forget your normal days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shops and cafes at your doorstep, golden sand beach 4 min walk away, pool (inc toddler pool), tennis court, sauna and private spa, Palm Pacific Resort has everything you need for the perfect Whangamata get-away. Our beautifully appointed 1 and 2-bedroom units, some with spa bath, have full kitchen facilities king/queen-size beds, 50-channels digital Sky, patios or balconies, wireless internet, continental breakfasts available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Palm Pacific Resort Whangamata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Pacific Resort Whangamata Hotel Whangamata
- Palm Pacific Hotel Whangamata