“Great place”

Cuisines: European
Description: Http://www.menumania.co.nz/restaurants/vibes-cafe
Description: Http://www.menumania.co.nz/restaurants/vibes-cafe
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

We went here twice in the last week. Served great coffees. Child friendly. Water easily accessible. Great food including yummy chips and aoli. BLT was really good!

1  Thank Fleur M

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Good hearty breakfasts with fast service for 4 dads and 4 hungry kids with my favourite All press coffee

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

1st timer to the lovley Whangamata we drove down the main looking for a place to have brunch Vibes caught our eye. quick ordering & payment, found a sunny spot outside & 5 min later had the best eggs benny ive had placed infront of me. My latte was also good. My friend had the big brecky wich was a generious portion of man food with toast had to waddle to the beach i was soo full.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

This restaurant/cafe looks inviting, boasts a brilliant menu, organic foods, gluton free, etc. etc. Unfortunately the service are a bunch of cool hipsters without a clue. I ordered a tea. It took 20 minutes! They move slowly, cannot bring themselves to double task, and take random breaks with nobody covering the espresso or bussing, etc. We tried again for dinner but they had a full house and were told the best they could do was seat us on the street in the rain, on already saturated chairs. It was unbelievable. We didn't stay. They did not even bother to offer us drinks and give an idea of the wait time, etc. in fact they seemed genuinely perplexed by the situation.

3  Thank Margaret O
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Visited Vibes this morning for breakfast. My order was almond muesli with fruit and yoghurt, and a cup of coffee. Coffee was fine but the $13 muesli and fruit order was very overpriced. A small bowl of commercial muesli...maybe 2/3 of a cup, if that, a tablespoon of yogurt, no milk ( which was ok by me, but I have never had this meal served anywhere without being given the option), and a small glass of chopped fruit....mostly chopped apple, two rounds of banana, a chopped orange segment, few grapes and the remainder suspiciously commercial looking/ tinned or yesterday's tropical fruit.( I did find one almond in muesli)
Very average quality, very expensive portion allocation and a sad offering from a cafe in a prime tourist spot. No wonder the world travellers think NZ is so expensive. Middle of Sydney last month, same order, same price(adjusted) ...more that I could eat,custom made, muesli and fresh fruits, options of home made yoghurt, and 3/4 cup full plus milk. Wake up NZ, we need tourists to return here.

2  Thank Itinerantfeedback