“Awesome Saturday morning”

Ranked #9 of 31 Restaurants in Whangamata
Price range: US$7 - US$17
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: SixfortySix is positioned in the heart of Whangamata’s main street. Our commitment is to; create an atmosphere of splendor to be enjoyed by all. Gravity espresso coffee, freshly baked pastries & homemade artisan delights. Dine in or take away, it’s your choice! Seasonal readiness of produce necessitates regular revision of the menu, however familiarity is usually only a mouthful away. SixfortySix offers alfresco dining amongst the action of the main street an ideal place to meet during the balmy summer. We take great satisfaction in delighting our costumers with something new and exciting; Life's troubles melt away when shrouded in the atmosphere of unadulterated desire & relaxation. Private functions welcomed!
Wellington, New Zealand
“Awesome Saturday morning”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We visited 646 for breakfast there were 3 of us and the cafe was absolutely packs out at 9.30am. We ordered 3 breakfasts eggs benedict and 2 pancakes. With a table of 14 that put their order in before us we thought there would be a lengthy wait BUT to our pleasant surprise we had our breakfasts within half an hour. Beautiful coffees and great service. LOVED IT we'll be back

• Visited August 2014

Howick, Auckland
“Will be back”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Coffee was excellent, panini was superb. Some of the cafe menu is pricey, but location on main street excellent, and staff are wonderful. Cabinet food pricing is very good value.

Visited July 2014
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Average ”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We dined on a Saturday and it was nice so decided to return on the sunday.
Don't know what happened over night but it was terrible.
Bad service from waitresses with terrible customer service skills. Cold bacon and small servings.
Who charges $4 for a side of mushroom to receive one small portobello mushroom? And $4 for a rosti which was so small I couldn't see it! Split hollandaise and our table of 10s meals all arrived at different times. 2 people had finished eating before I had received my meal!
I think this cafe needs to concentrate on customer service and perhaps the chef needs to work on serving hot food.

When we approached the waitress about our concerns she just looked at us blankly and then stacked all the plates at the table with no apology or anything!

3 Thank kpamela1987
Cromwell, New Zealand
“One bad server”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My friend and I went for morning coffee and cake which tasted good but the girl on the counter couldn't speak very good english and when she got our order wrong was rude as if, even though I checked twice that she had it right, it was my fault she had it wrong. Really frustrating, I don't like bad service.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank thames_traveler
Lauren H, Owner at SixFortySix, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Hi thames_traveler, Thanks for your review. I am glad to hear that you and your friend enjoyed the coffee and cake at our establishment. With regard to your other comment, our goal first and foremost is to offer professional service in a friendly manner. We also have a policy of employing staff without prejudice. English is a second language for the staff member in question and I can assure you she is doing her best. She has only been employed with us for a short period of time and communication improvements can almost be seen daily. As a local living in Thames, I am sure you know that we welcome immigrants to New Zealand and that we encourage them to embrace our way of life and to join our workforce. Hospitality is often an entry level industry for these people and like all New Zelanders, they deserve to be given a chance. Perhaps a little patience wouldn't go astray. Again, thank you for your comments and hope to see you back for coffee and cake some time soon.
belfast
“Huge portions”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

It's been a while since I couldn't finish a restaurant meal but I was done for half way through the gigantic serving of fettuccine! It was plentiful and hot but over seasoned with pepper. The goats cheese tart was clearly an in house job- no crappy store bought pastry case, again it was huge and tasty. Desserts wise between us we had a brownie, lemon meringue pie and a cheesecake- lemon meringue came a distant 3rd to the 2nd place brownie but the cheesecake was a clear winner. Service was a tad slow but the plates were cleared quickly and as it was a busy night a slow kitchen could be forgiven.