“Good breakfast”
Review of Tiffanys Cafe

Tiffanys Cafe
Ranked #10 of 16 Restaurants in Te Kuiti
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My husband and I stopped and had breakfast at Tiffany's on our way to Taihape from Waitomo Caves during our honeymoon. The restaurant is spacious but decor was a bit dated. The tables were clean and everything else seemed clean enough (granted I didn't inspect anything too closely). There was a good variety of tourist information to look through while waiting for your food and/or eating. We both had the Shearer's breakfast. Our food arrived in a timely manner and it was a lot of food! Our meals were good and a decent value for the amount of food. No real complaints and I think we would stop here again, but our choices seemed to be rather limited (we had asked someone working at a nearby gas station for recommendations on places to eat).

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Ive visited this cafe/restaurant fairly regularly over the years as I live in Te Kuiti. I took my son here for afternoon tea after school and was quite disappointed. The coffee used to be great from here but sadly this was not the case today - very bitter and watery indeed. The muffin which I had, a raspberry and cream cheese, should have been called "a slightest hint of raspberry and cream cheese" as its presence was negligable.
The food is the same old tired looking food that they have had forever in the cabinets and seriously needs to new breath of fresh air and some imagination. The savouries had obviously been baking in the warmer all day and looked a little worse for wear (to put it politely).
The decor in the restaurant screams out "help!".
Come on owners - revive this ailing Te Kuiti icon.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

My husband and I ate here yesterday on our way home from New Plymouth to Rotorua. It was later in the afternoon, but still had plenty to offer in cabinets and on menu. Good prices and very good food. A good variety of food on offer, from pies, to sandwiches, quiches, baking, and menu items. We both had a curry, one chicken and the other beef both came with rice and a salad. Basic salad but it was very nice and fresh. Curries were good also. I would visit here again.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

We went to Tiffanys Cafe regularly for a long time, until about half a year ago we had a bitter disappointment.
The food used to bed excellent, but suddenly changed and was not what we were used to, sizes of the ingredients were reduced prices went up remarkelably and hospitality they never heard of. Taking the order seemed to much for the girl who helped us. It took a long time for the meals to be served.

Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

I have eaten at Tiffany's many times over the years of traveling through Te Kuiti so decided to stop here with my husband on our way to Auckland. He asked for a steak which at $28 is fairly expensive and asked what sauce he could have. The waitress ummed and ahhhed, huh...tomato? No pepper no mushroom not even gravy. Then I asked for kumara chips which was quite plainly written on the menu board. Um sorry we don't have kumara chips! So I said, why do you have it on the menu then if you don't have it? No answer to that question but she said instead... 'you can't get kumara chips anywhere in NZ!' What the? Considering I had them before I went to Te Kuiti and I have had them since, I'm not sure what this lie was about. We turned around and walked out and got a nice roast dinner for $12 a few doors down the street. Certainly not the place it used to be, just a price trap for unsuspecting travelers and bus tours.