“Something Different”
Review of Tiffanys Cafe

Tiffanys Cafe
Ranked #11 of 15 Restaurants in Te Kuiti
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stopped for lunch and found that there was an adequate array of food and drink items to chose from. The décor of the place steps you back in time. The place was clean and adequately furnished and there were a number of tables to choose from to sit at. We had delicious kumara (sweet potato) chips as well as their fish burger - all food items were basic but delicious and priced reasonably.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We enjoyed our meal and the choice of food was very good.

The sweet potato chips were sad! We will never order sweet potato chips there again. They we tiny, dark, dry and some were even yukky.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

My husband and I stopped and had breakfast at Tiffany's on our way to Taihape from Waitomo Caves during our honeymoon. The restaurant is spacious but decor was a bit dated. The tables were clean and everything else seemed clean enough (granted I didn't inspect anything too closely). There was a good variety of tourist information to look through while waiting for your food and/or eating. We both had the Shearer's breakfast. Our food arrived in a timely manner and it was a lot of food! Our meals were good and a decent value for the amount of food. No real complaints and I think we would stop here again, but our choices seemed to be rather limited (we had asked someone working at a nearby gas station for recommendations on places to eat).

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Ive visited this cafe/restaurant fairly regularly over the years as I live in Te Kuiti. I took my son here for afternoon tea after school and was quite disappointed. The coffee used to be great from here but sadly this was not the case today - very bitter and watery indeed. The muffin which I had, a raspberry and cream cheese, should have been called "a slightest hint of raspberry and cream cheese" as its presence was negligable.
The food is the same old tired looking food that they have had forever in the cabinets and seriously needs to new breath of fresh air and some imagination. The savouries had obviously been baking in the warmer all day and looked a little worse for wear (to put it politely).
The decor in the restaurant screams out "help!".
Come on owners - revive this ailing Te Kuiti icon.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

My husband and I ate here yesterday on our way home from New Plymouth to Rotorua. It was later in the afternoon, but still had plenty to offer in cabinets and on menu. Good prices and very good food. A good variety of food on offer, from pies, to sandwiches, quiches, baking, and menu items. We both had a curry, one chicken and the other beef both came with rice and a salad. Basic salad but it was very nice and fresh. Curries were good also. I would visit here again.