“Fantastic Experience!”

and up
Tongariro White Water Rafting from Taupo and Turangi
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Turangi
More attraction details
Owner description: Kia Ora and Welcome to Rafting New Zealand. A family run business established in 1991. We raft the best rivers, providing family fun rafting for ages 3 years and up all the way through to extreme whitewater action. With professional, fun, Kiwi guides, premier gear and facilities, Maori culture and an excellent safety record, book with us to experience the thrill of rafting, Aotearoa styles. Rafting NZ is NZ's most awarded rafting company.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Fantastic Experience!”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Did the Grade 3 rafting trip on Sunday with my hubby & 2 boys (11 & 14). I was really nervous beforehand but had a great time thanks to our guide Shannon. In fact all the staff at RNZ are really great right from our initial enquiry at Taupo through the whole experience. Friendly, safe, professional, good value.The rafting is fun, the scenery is great, we were even lucky enough to see a Blue Whio. Enjoyed the hot choccy mid trip & the hot dog & drink at the end, too. I would highly recommend this trip, so if you are thinking of going - JUST DO IT!

Visited October 2013
Luke B, Owner at Rafting New Zealand, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Kia Ora Kylie,

Thanks for leaving a review and for bringing your Whanau rafting with us - great to hear, you had such good time with us - look forward to seeing you again one day - come back and take on our Kayak Blast adventure! Nga Mihi Luke.

Rotorua, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An awesome afternoon out”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I was very nervous about that rafting experience being my first time out white water rafting. The team at rafting New Zealand were very nice and approachable. Our river guide Brett was excellent. He made me feel at ease as I was very anxious before we started. He talked us through the twists and turns and joked around with us a lot. I would definately recommend this trip as on the to do list if you are near Turangi or Taupo!!!

Visited October 2013
Luke B, Owner at Rafting New Zealand, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Kia Ora - Thank you for leaving a review - really happy to hear you had such a great experience with us - especially considering how anxious you were before the trip - look forward to seeing you again one day - Nga Mihi,
Luke.
“Awesome rapids”
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

An adventure which was my highlight of my trip. Dedication and safety spoke loudly for this company. The guide puts you at ease and is a funny character keeping you focused and safe at all time

Visited September 2013
Luke B, Owner at Rafting New Zealand, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Thank you for leaving a review - much appreciated!! great to hear you had a great time with us - hope to see you again one day for another river adventure!!! Nga Mihi, Luke.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Awesome rafting adventure”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Everyone was super friendly, awesome guides we did the grade 3 through Grab One vouchers.
Loved the atmosphere in the base and it was so lovely to coe back to hot showers then eat hot dogs and a soda by the fire! My partner and I had a blast and would love to come back and do a grade 5 in summer!

Visited August 2013
Luke B, Owner at Rafting New Zealand, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Kia Ora Lorraine,

Thanks for leaving a great review - so pleased to here you had an awesome time with us and are looking forward to coming back and getting on our grade 5 Extreme day - massive! look forward to seeing you then, Nga Mihi, Luke.
Alexandra, New Zealand
“Absolutely fantastic rafting”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

What a fantastic afternoon out with Shannon, Jimmy and Grace on the Tongariro River. They had every one in stiches with their stories. They where professional in their approach to safety and ensuring all on the rafts had an enjoyable experiance. We where made very welcome at the Rafting NZ base. Luke and Pianika run a great company. I would recommend Rafting NZ to any one wanting a great day out. Shannon, you have made me a very proud father. All the best for the team. Billy Hayes

Visited July 2013
Luke B, Owner at Rafting New Zealand, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Kia Ora Mr Hayes,

Thanks for leaving a review - it was great to meet you and I am sure you enjoyed seeing Shannon at work. We are all looking forward to our next summer season now - hope you have a great summer and look forward to seeing you again - maybe get you on the grade 5 adventure!
Nga Mihi, Luke.