“Go here!”

Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Turangi
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We had one of our two best meals here during our 17days visit in NZ. Amazing views dining outside, excellent seafood. You get your money's worth. Your dish is full of seafood, not fillers. Delicious!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

First time here for dinner. Great. Had a really nice steak meal(huge steak) and some Pinot( Sam Neil's Picnic). Went back today for cake and more Pinot. Beautiful view of Lake Taupo, which this restaurant is metres from.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This restaurant is a real gem and a must do if you're in the Turangi area. Great chef who prepares outstanding meals. Setting on lake front is unique and special.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have already reviewed this restaurant which I visited in May 2013, and liked it so much I put it on my itinerary for May 2014, and I was not disappointed. I took a guest for dinner this time. The service was faultless and the meal came quickly. I had a small seafood chowder and my friend had the large dish, and I can honestly say it was the best I tried in New Zealand. My friend only had room for dessert, which was raspberry and pistachio cheesecake, which she pronounced delicious, while I had rack of lamb with tamarillo sauce - absolutely superb. I really love this place and would put it on my must-do list for any future trips to N.Z.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We dined in two "top" restaurants in the Turangi area, this was one of them. Nice "open" seating, this restaurant is right on the shores of little Waihi and would be awesome on a summer's evening!
The meal we had was nice. My husband had the smoked salmon salad and I had the lamb rack which was cooked to absolute perfection!!
On the downside, the service was rather weak. Weak in that the waitstaff were quite soft in their approach, and spasmodic in attendance. On arrival, we were given a pitcher of water but this was not poured out for us!? (have never had this happen at a restaurant before...).
Would like to see a bit more "engagement" from the waitstaff, but maybe this will come with experience because they were all very young.
Would come again though...

1  Thank ENGELBRECHT01