“I would re-visit this lovely café” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating
Dordrecht, The Netherlands
“I would re-visit this lovely café”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I have just read some of the comments- and feel I must have visited another café than described by others. Clean, friendly service, yummy food and a great atmosphere. We loved it. My husband and I ( on holiday from the Netherlands) were returning to Hamilton after a 7 day tour of the lower part of the North Island. We were impressed with this café being surprised to find such an up to date modern establishment in Turangi. Well done.

• Visited October 2013

Turangi, New Zealand
“Grubby floors, good scones...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Have been here several times, don't really know why I return, probably because there is not much else available in Turangi.... The food is ok, scones are good, but the floor is always dirty. Should be washed every night and I don't think it has been properly washed and polished in months... Sometimes the staff are friendly, other times sour. Very average.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank isabellamunro
x
“Great coffee!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

A sweet little place with friendly staff. Tasty flat white just perfectly hot. The toast with onion, tomatoes and cheese - wow! I would defenitely go there again.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank XZaNzIbAr2013
Tokoroa, New Zealand
“Poor Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

I would not go back as I have been there before and the service gets worse every time.
The décor has been changed but not a good look at all. Food is okay but the service is slow and staff not very friendly.

Visited September 2013
NZ
“Yummy lunch but tired otherwise”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stopped at Turangi on the way back to Taupo from the snow for lunch. We ordered the potato wedges & I saw on the menu they had bacon, onion and chilli sauce which I thought was a bit odd but was willing to give it a go. They were really nice with the bacon and sweet chilli sauce - quite different and something I would try again for wedges in the future. The kids had a bowl of fries and they had kids cupcakes which they enjoyed.

The decor was dated & very old style but we sat outside in the sun. We did find it on the pricier side for lunch but it was the only cafe open - the other 2 we could see were closed and we didn't see the Burger King until we were driving out of the carpark.

The service wasn't exceptional but it wasn't unexceptional either.

• Visited July 2013