“Weak coffee and sour service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Thyme For Food - CLOSED

Thyme For Food
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating
Taupo, New Zealand
“Weak coffee and sour service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

The service when we ordered was not too flash. The lady ( I presume the manager) was quite rude and abrupt. There was no warmth in her service (not even a smile). The food was yummy though (my toast was soggy from eggs not being drained). The coffee was bland and lacked the coffee hit you pay for and look forward to in the morning.
The other worker who brought our meals to us was lovely, just the boss puts me off going back.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Julia_Mac_NZ

Auckland, New Zealand
“Good coffee, nice decor. Some good food options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Good coffee, lots to see. Great, innovative food options. Owner/manager a bit curd, but not too intimidating as others describe it. Would recommend and will come back.

• Visited March 2014
Nelson, New Zealand
“was ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

a busy cafe, nice décor, food was ok. I asked for a dairy free option as my son is dairy intolerant but staff didn't really know which of their foods was dairy free so i ordered chips for him t be on the save side. Was not very helpful. I also found all sorts of signs in the cafe irritating. Dont move tables, dont fill up water bottles, customers only... the cappuccino was not bad/

Turangi, New Zealand
“Local not impressed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

We ordered our eggs benny, I asked for my toast to be on the side as I do not like soggy toast - easy request. When our breakfast arrived, I had soggy toast, I asked the girl why, she said they were not allowed to serve MY MEAL AS I HAD REQUESTED. I went up to the counter and asked the owner why not, she said that was not how she wants the dish to come out, (apparently she said I don't care what she wants this is how she can have it) She was very frustrated when I complained to her directly, she complained that I wouldn't let her get a word in. She said that she would like THE CUSTOMERS to see her dishes, WELL LADY I AM A CUSTOMER, AND I JUST WANTED MY TOAST ON THE SIDE - NOT A BIGGIE IS IT? I asked for a refund, she told the girl to refund my money, but not my husbands or my sons as they are eating here, she even tried to dictate to my family where they should eat??? I looked at the husband and son, they were up and out, and I received my full refund! We then went to Taupo to BODY FUEL I asked for my toast on the side NOT A BIGGIE, and that is what I received. I'm a local, I will no longer be going to THYME FOR FOOD for a meal.

5 Thank Dondons386
Allison Park, PA
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stopped here for Breakfast. An enjoyable experience. Friendly staff. We had coffee and fresh muffins. Both very good. Outside seating and good service bringing the food out!