“Great meal”

The Stone Trough Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Stone Trough Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$13 - US$64
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: View, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Came to the Stone Trough by happy accident
We had a table for 5 in the bar which is a lovely english transitional pub
We had all had a 2 course meal I had a fantastic Pheasant Suet Pie, and a very nice lemon Pannacotta
We all had a great meal
Also a dog friendly pub which is also a big bonus

Kirkbymoorside, United Kingdom
“Amazing afternoon tea!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I have been to this lovely inn before for my best friend's wedding and the food was beautiful then (September 2013). I then went here again very recently for afternoon tea with some friends, which we pre-booked. We got there and our table was already reserved. They brought our food out pretty much straight away (or so it seemed) - a selection of sandwiches, scones with jam & cream, a slice of cake each and a chocolate brownie each! They then brought out the pot of tea (which only 2 out of the 4 of us had) and a glass of presecco each. We were all offered coffee instead of tea which 2 of my friends took. The food was absolutely gorgeous; lovely fresh bread, delicious fillings, lovely soft scones.....everything was just amazing! The service was very good and everybody was extremely friendly!

• Visited June 2014
Pickering, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Rainy Sunday Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have been looking forward to trying the Stone Trough for ages, as I had been given lots of recommendations. So I booked my family and visiting uncle in for a 2pm Sunday Lunch. It was going to be a lovely day, which was going to start with a leisurely long walk around the grounds of Castle Howard first, as its only a ten min drive away from The Stone Trough . Well typical British Bank Holiday weather put the downer on that plan! So completely soaking wet through to the skin, we headed to the Stone Trough over an hour and half early! My Husband hoped he could charm our way in early! No problem at all.....the six of us were welcomed and seated at a lovely big table and looked after immediately! Our coats were taken away to dry and free wifi codes were dished up to the Boys! We all had a traditional roast beef and Yorkshire puds lunch....except my fussy son, who ordered fish and chips! Delish!! Empty plates by all! Some of us had starters, and me and my mum had a pudding, a scrummy rhubarb dish.....beautifully presented! We really settled in and were in no hurry to leave! Looking forward to returning on a sun shiny day, we want to sit outside in the garden and enjoy that amazing view!

1 Thank PICKERINGHAPPYFAMILY
York, United Kingdom
“Lovely pub lovely staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We visited the Stone Trough on Friday teatime after walking our husky dog, the staff were friendly and the food lovely, we had the fish platter to share and it was very nicely presented and tasty. The only thing that let the side down was the chips which were like potato wedges and tasted quite fatty, apart from that the meal was very nice and it was a lovely atmosphere to relax.
Will be back soon to sample the Sunday lunch.

york
“Always warm and welcoming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Eat at the stone trough regularly as it's a stones throw from where I live and honestly can't fault the place.
The staff are always friendly and the beer is always of a high standard with a great choice. Hand pulled beers are regularly rotated so always something fresh and new to try.
Food is fantastic, personal favourite being there fish and chip Thursday where you can fresh fish, handcut chips and mushy peas for £6.95.
Keep up the great work guys.