“A* Food, service and price”

Bluebell Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Alne
Price range: US$53 - US$53
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Visited here a long time ago. Read the reviews and thought we'd give it a go for my birthday. We had the early bird meal. Was totally surprised with the portions. Thinking with it been an early bird menu the portions and standards would be lower. How wrong were we. The food was delicious beyond belief. Presentation was spot on and the service and atmosphere/decoration was great. I don't like to use the word quirky but in this instance it's spot on.
Having eaten a few nights before at a chain pub and paying more at the chain pub for far far less portions. Awful service and poor quality food if was totally shocked by the Blue Bell. For a party of 6 we had 4 starters 6 mains and 2 puds and the bill came to £80. Silly cheap for the high quality we received.
I would certainly without a doubt return....shall we go again tonight.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Visited here with some friends for a Saturday evening meal. Lovely location, beutifully furnished, lovely warm welcome and good choice of dishes.If you are ordering a special you will need to clarify exactly what it is as mine was not at all what I had expected from a well - known classic dish. You do need to book and it seemed that most people eat quite early so by nine thirty it was quite empty and quiet. we would definitely returnhere,worth the drive.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Tucked away in the village of Alne (not far from the A19 near York) is the Bluebell Country Inn. From the outside, it looks just like a 'chocolate box' pub, and the warm welcome, stylish interior and delicious food don't disappoint.
I rang ahead and booked a table for Thursday lunchtime and even though we were late due to numerous trucks, tractors and learner drivers, the welcome was warm and friendly.
I had also let the Bluebell know of the issues I have with gluten, and the chef, Michael, could not have been more helpful, advising on every detail of his menu and even providing gluten free bread with the starter!
So I had a hot bacon salad with a chilli dressing for my starter, followed by a slow-cooked duck leg, orange sauce and mashed spud. My dining partner had the same starter (but with black pudding, which unfortunately I couldn't consume), followed by a tasty gammon steak and chips.
I couldn't manage a pudding but if I had been able to, black cherries with ice cream and cream sounded tempting.
The pricing was very reasonable, given the size of the portions, so leave plenty of room for your meal!
The pub is beautifully decorated and immaculately clean. There are gorgeous gardens to the front and rear, so while it's still light at night, there's plenty of opportunity to sit outside and enjoy the summer evenings.
I would say that you need to allow plenty of time to get to the Bluebell. Even though we set off in good time, we were still late due to the narrow roads and lots of slow-moving traffic.
But it's definitely somewhere I would visit again.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Have visited the Bluebell numerous times and always found the food to be delicious and very good value for money, especially the early bird and Sunday lunch menus. It has a cosy atmosphere and staff have always been very attentive. Drinks are a little overpriced but this wouldn't put me off going as we always enjoy the food and tend to only have one drink with our meal, so it's not a big deal unless you want to have several drinks.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We've been to the Bluebell a few times now and it never fails to deliver, on both food and service. Would definitely recommend!

1  Thank ATA24