“Another lovely meal”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Alne
Price range: US$53 - US$53
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
York, United Kingdom
“Another lovely meal”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Fantastic food, excellent service, deserves the 5* rating.
The Bluebell is one of our favourite eating places, the front of the house staff are really friendly which adds to a very relaxed atmosphere. The menu had changed since the last time we visited but all the favourites still remain. My friend opted for the gammon, it was the biggest, thickest gammon he had ever had in a restaurant, this came with eggs, onion rings, chips, veg etc, I had lasagne with salad and home made chips, it was the best I have ever tasted. We had no room for desserts after such large portions. Will recommend to friends and family.

• Visited August 2014

York, United Kingdom
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Came to the Bluebell as I have just moved to Alne. Lovely place, lovely staff and truly amazing food. We had the Lamb and the Rabbit pie, both very good! There was so much choice on the menu, I will be coming back to try something else! All round lovely place, highly recommend to anyone! Thanks for an enjoyable evening

Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Lucky find”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We were staying in the area in July and found this by looking online to view our options. The place was in a beautiful location and looked quirky. I expected a typical country pub style, but this was much more like a restaurant albeit unusual and interesting in decor. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the menu had a lovely choice. I had a chicken main dish which had a good selection of veg to go with it. It was a good size portion and delicious. Overall a very pleasant evening thanks to our "lucky find". Would absolutely recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
Pontefract
“Tablecloths may help”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have to give this cliquish restaurant an average mark, but a little more work would attract a higher rating.
The tables were worn, with chipped and scraped paint, and would have benefitted from tablecloths to improve hygiene and appearance, I was reluctant to rest cutlery on them.
Starters were very tasty but, in the case of the mushroom dish, rather small, the main dish suffered a similar fate, but was let down by stale, cold chipped potatoes and gravy wasn't offered with steak pie. Desserts were the highlight of the meal, but could benefit from the offer of additional cream. Service was slow and they seem to be struggling to cope with demand.
Drinks were served intermittently and are more expensive than the venue deserve.
Ventilation is obsolete and the room becomes very hot, necessitating the opening of windows which also allows flies to enter and wander freely.
As a minor point, either my sat nav or their website has the postcode address wrong.

• Visited August 2014
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A* Food, service and price”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Visited here a long time ago. Read the reviews and thought we'd give it a go for my birthday. We had the early bird meal. Was totally surprised with the portions. Thinking with it been an early bird menu the portions and standards would be lower. How wrong were we. The food was delicious beyond belief. Presentation was spot on and the service and atmosphere/decoration was great. I don't like to use the word quirky but in this instance it's spot on.
Having eaten a few nights before at a chain pub and paying more at the chain pub for far far less portions. Awful service and poor quality food if was totally shocked by the Blue Bell. For a party of 6 we had 4 starters 6 mains and 2 puds and the bill came to £80. Silly cheap for the high quality we received.
I would certainly without a doubt return....shall we go again tonight.

• Visited July 2014