“Great place to rest” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Masterton
Cairns, Australia
“Great place to rest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We only stayed 1 night, stayed in 3 Bedroom unit. It was huge, owners were great. We live in Australia and were travelling around New Zealand with our 2 youngest children and a friend from Upper Hutt.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed here for a few nights whilst in the area. The room are of a good size but in need of updating. The current owners are new and are aware that they need to modernise, they are very nice and helpful in ensuring your stay is a pleasant one.
Slightly off the main road, the property offers a quiet respite and a comfortable room if you are travelling through.
I'm sure it will be a good place to stay given a bit more time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

We only stayed one night on our way to Wellington. Great experience, very friendly owners. Was able to do all my washing/drying and ironing at no cost. Very clean. Fridge, toaster, microwave, kettle, tea and coffee all available in room, and free Wi Fi

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed for two nights to escape the ratrace. The staff were friendly and our room was spotless and well equipped. The motel has great facilities including a tennis court, pool, spa, imaginative play area for kids, giant outdoor chess game and well appointed b-b-que area.
We will be bringing the kids next time.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Regina P
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

Very congenial owners and perfectly equipped rooms. Well worth the awards it's won. The lovely owner even cleaned our car windshield for us as we were about to leave. Excellent little tea coffee and toast facilities too.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NerissaAndJason
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

We'd been driving all day and just turned up here. I don't understand previous reviews about the price - at $95NZ it was exactly what we've been paying for motels over North Island.
Service was great, the room was really clean, the tv worked and so did the wifi AND there's a spa pool (hot tub) which was nice. It's an easy walk to a couple of fast food places.
The only drawback was that in the morning the room was absolutely freezing! But it was Spring.

I'd stay here again

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Johnsonville, null, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night and paid a very large amount of money. the room was nice - although there was no salt and pepper or shampoos, soaps or conditioners i could live with that, the service was terrible. I asked for a ride to an event as it was hard for us to provide our own transport but it was a BIG hassle for them, I found that I was getting horrible looks and being treated like a stupid young teenager. This is the first hotel I have stayed in, and I had no idea that there was check out times, I did ask and she said I could check out at any time, I came and asked for a spa key after the normal check out time, and after checked out quite late, which at the time I didn't know was late. But she was very rude, she knew that this was my first time staying in a hotel, but she was trying to take me for a ride as i am young. She said I had to pay another $200 which is outrageous! I think this is a lovely place for a family and the husband is a lovely man, but if you are a teenager staying I recomend to not stay here as Kim will probable take you for a ride for your money as well!!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a large room, the 3 bedroom accompanies a lot of people comfortably. Just mak...