We went here instead of Wellington, because of the recent earthquake and were pleasantly surprised. The room we had was spatious and had two queen beds. Everything well maintained and very clean. The queen bed a bit small for us, but that's not the fault of the hotel, its just what you book. The rooms are not cheap, but its the only hotel in the area. We had dinner in the restaurant and it was excellent! Starters smoked salmon and chicken pate, full of flavour and a great combination. For mains the beef tenderloin and sirloin, cooked to our liking. Not a lot of vegetables, but you can order them seperately. Perhaps a bit to much mash and the fries could have fried a bit longer. Desserts lemon cheesecake and creme brulee, were great. Breakfast is basic, but of good quality and very well priced!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Copthorne Hotel & Resort Solway Park now holds a 4 Star Plus Qualmark rating and EnviroGold. Located in the heart of an internationally acclaimed wine region, the resort is set in 10 hectares of landscaped grounds & native bush on the outskirts of Masterton, Wairarapa's largest town. Nearby attractions include vineyards, Tui Brewery, Vintage Aviator Collection & PMB National Wildlife Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Copthorne Hotel & Resort Solway Park, Wairarapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne Hotel And Resort Solway Park, Wairarapa
- Copthorne Hotel Masterton
- Masterton Solway Park