Likes the drive to the door with exit from room to corridor to inside. Bathrooms and room generally of a great standard. Service very average. Restaurant opened at 6.00pm. Tried to grab a quick meal before going to an external meeting and told it was fully booked. It was empty. Returned from meeting at 8.55pm and was told it was closed but I could ring for room service. Asked if the same kitchen cooked food for room service. Yes was the reply so asked to eat from the room service menu in the restaurant. No. Rang and has a soggy pizza in my room and saw it was $5.00 extra for tray to be delivered!!! How else were they proposing to deliver it I wondered. Just put the full price please as I resent paying extra for an obvious service!!
I may try one of the newer establishments next time. The gym and pool are great as is the squash court if you want these things but???
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Copthorne Hotel & Resort Solway Park now holds a 4 Star Plus Qualmark rating and EnviroGold. Located in the heart of an internationally acclaimed wine region, the resort is set in 10 hectares of landscaped grounds & native bush on the outskirts of Masterton, Wairarapa's largest town. Nearby attractions include vineyards, Tui Brewery, Vintage Aviator Collection & PMB National Wildlife Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Copthorne Hotel & Resort Solway Park, Wairarapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne Hotel And Resort Solway Park, Wairarapa
- Copthorne Hotel Masterton
- Masterton Solway Park