“A lovely night out”
Review of My Mexican Kitchen

My Mexican Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 3 Food & Drink in Bucerias
More attraction details
Owner description: Small group, hands-on cooking classes of traditional Mexican food. Come learn what surprising flavors Mexico has to offer in an intimate group setting. All classes include your dinner and a recipe booklet of the day's dishes. Check the website for prices and a description of each day's class (topics vary daily). Take home something more from Mexico than just a tan--give your friends or family back home a souvenir (dinner) that will not gather dust on the shelf!
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My husband and I went to the Seafood class when we were in Bucerias in October. Travis and Edgar make a great team. It was a good balance with one of them being Mexican and one American; helpful for converting recipes and concepts to things we would be used to in Canada. The hands-on concept is also helpful for learning, and they had their system down pat with the ladies washing our tools and getting us new ones asap. The recipes were quite tasty and re-creatable at home.They were also helpful in telling us where we could find good ingredients around time. There were four of us that night - the small numbers were perfect. Thanks for an enjoyable night!

All reviews
"fun experience"
in 5 reviews
"great hosts"

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Travis and Edgar really know their stuff. They taught and entertained us and and we made incredible food in the process. We did the 5 course meal with pineapple mint Agua fresca, homemade salsa and tlacoyos, tortilla soup, arroz Mexicano, pan fried zucchini , and chiles poblanos rellanos. Yummmmm! We'll definitely be back for another class.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Experienced My Mexican Kitchen last night at a friend's birthday party....Great food, great variety. Would definitely use this catering company for a special occasion!!!!Good personalities!!!!Good job!!

Reviewed 6 April 2013

Just finished the Friday appetizer and salsa cooking class. What a wonderful evening! Travis and Edgar welcomed us to their kitchen and shared their cooking secrets! We are now prepared to wow our friends and family with our salsa when we return home!
Thanks for such a great evening!

See more reviews
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I wanted to do something different this winter vacation so enrolled in one of the Mexican cooking courses offered by Travis and Edgar. I chose the 5 course dinner and thoroughly enjoyed the time with Edgar and Travis as they shared their culinary experiences with the class in preparing the selected dinner items. The tortilla soup was excellent to say the least!!! My fellow Canadians who also selected this class were not disappointed and we had lots to chat as we prepared our delicious 5 course meal. Bring a bottle of wine and enjoy the camaraderie of these host chefs as they introduce you to fine Mexican cooking! Cheers

1  Thank RhiannonManitoba