“Wonderful family activity”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Splash of Glass

Splash of Glass
Ranked #1 of 12 Shopping in Bucerias
More attraction details
Owner description: We are located on corner of Lazaro Cardenas and Calle Morelos in the beautiful town of Bucerias. We are located one block from the ocean! We offer classes in lampwork beads, beginning stained glass, fused glass, suncatchers, fused glass jewellry, and glass mosaics. Come on in and take a class!!! We also carry many beautiful products handmade right here in Mexico.
Chicago metro area
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Wonderful family activity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

This lovely little shop, owned and run by Canadian glass artists Elaine and Hans, was a highlight of our stay in Bucerias. Our son, aged 10, loved the hands on experience of learning how to make a beautiful sun catcher from Elaine. Elaine was incredibly patient during every step of the project, from "pulling the lead" to choosing our stones to soddering it all together! Mom had a fabulous time, too and was humbled by the creativity of the whole experience. Highly recommended when you need a little break from the sun and want to bring home something personal and unique.

Visited March 2014
irene s, Owner at Splash of Glass, responded to this review, 2 October 2014
Thank you Mary! We enjoyed meeting you and your family! Thank you for the kind words, hope to see you and your family again!

Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Splash of Glass - Bucerias”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

I highly recommend this shop for glass mosaic, glass jewelry and fused glass classes! The atmosphere is positive and Irene and Hans (proprietors) are experienced and knowledgeable in sharing their passion for glass. I was fortunate to taste local strawberries, cheese and fresh tortillas from local vendors. I hope to arrange a week long group class with friends on a future visit. It is the perfect blend of relaxation and fun.

Visited September 2013
Irene S, Owner at Splash of Glass, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you soo much! I had lots of fun and hope that you and our friends can come down for a week long class - it would be fun!!!
Bucerias, Mexico
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great learning experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Their classes are wonderful. Have taken 3 classes there so far. Irene and Hans are both knowledgeable and friendly. Good supplies for classes too. Would highly recommend - if not for a class - their glass products for sale are great.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Cheryl H
Irene S, Owner at Splash of Glass, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thanks you for your kind words! Hope to see you again soon!
lethbridge
“Friendlier area Splash ofGlass”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

Great new location. Brighter,roomier and more to shop for. Had a wonderful visit with owners Hans and Irene and the cutest member, Bonita. Picked up a beautifully crafted bracelet, which I will treasure with the memories that came with it. Thanks again Splash of Glass. This place is a must stop to all that visit Bucerias.

Visited May 2013
Maple Ridge, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Splash of Glass”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

I can't really rate Splash of Glass yet ... but I found them when searching for things to do in Bucerias. I contacted them about making a filigree suncatcher while I am down there in October and they got back to me right away.

I am really excited about taking a class while I am there - a perfect blend of relaxation and trying a new creative art!!

Thanks to everyone for their wonderful comments!!

Visited March 2013