We were looking forward to a relaxing vacation with friends and the Royal Decameron was a great experience for the price! They did seem to cater to the locals, the pool games and daily activities were mostly in Spanish, but the nightly shows were both in English and Spanish. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to accommodate all guests. Most of them were fluent in both Spanish and English.
This is an all ages resort, but no one under the age of 18 was allowed in the adults only pool. We hung out there and on the beach and only had to deal with kids when were at the buffets. When we made reservations for dinner we made them later, 8:00 or 8:30, and avoided most of the families with kids.
Some of the reviews said that the pools were crowded and they had a hard time making dinner reservations, but we did not have a problem with either. We were able to get 4 chairs together under an umbrella any time of day at the adults only pool. We went down to make dinner reservations around 8 am on two different mornings and didn't have a problem. We had dinner at 4 of the 5 restaurants, we skipped the Mexicana, and enjoyed all of them.
The grounds are well kept and very clean. They clean the pool areas and all of the pool chairs every night. We had our room cleaned every day and did not have any problems. We even saw them cleaning the restaurant floors by hand in the evenings!
A few pointers that would have been good to know going into our vacation and we learned from some of the vacationers we met there:
- Take the bikes to the Bucerias flea market. It is about a 10 minute bike ride down the road and over the bridge.
- You can make dinner reservations for two nights at a time.
- The Italian restaurant, Piccolo, is closed on Sunday nights. All of the other restaurants are closed on Thursday nights and have Mexican themed buffets.
- Bring your own cup! The cups they give you are small and they have no problem filling a cup you brought. I would suggest something insulated with a lid; it gets hot in the sun! You can buy them at the resort gift shop, but we ended up buying big plastic cups with lids from one of the shops on the corner.
- Bring your own pool raft. We ended up buying them from one of the shops on the corner and passing them to other guest at the end of our vacation.
If your looking for a relaxing, fun vacation for a great price and Mexican atmosphere, this is the place to go! Most of the people we talked to had been to this resort several times. If we were to go back to the area we would stay here, again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Decameron Complex composed of three hotel units: Flamingos, Tropical and Royal, is located 20 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport on the most exciting and extensive beach of the beautiful Bay of Banderas in the typical Mexican town of Bucerias in Riviera Nayarit. The colorful architecture of the Royal Decameron Complex offers 5 swimming pools, 4 of which are suitable for children, and long stretch of beach where you can enjoy different activities, non-motorized water sports and bar services. You can also enjoy a large number of buffet and a la carte options with specialized restaurants including: JAP JAP, Wok, MexicanoFusion, Piccolo and Steak House, among others. We also offer 6 bars along the beach and beside the swimming pools. The Royal Decameron Complex also has other installations like the Vallarta disco, 3 tennis courts, one soccer pitch and a fun Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Decameron Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Hotel
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Bucerias
- Royal Decameron Mexico
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Mexico
- Royal Decameron Complex Puerto Vallarta
- Royal De Cameron
- Royal Decameron Nuevo Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Puerto Vallarta Royal Decameron