So This is our review. We do not mean to offend anyone, but this is our point of view (Travelled on 14th June for 1 week):
Room: Was adequate, nothing overly special. We had two double beds which we used both of. It was way too hot to sleep in the same bed together so we had one bed each. We found it funny that the bed covers included a thick winter blanket which we wouldn’t even use in winter back in Alberta. No fridge but a bottle of water was supplied daily (Which you couldn’t keep cool because the room was just too hot even with the aircon on on its lowest setting). No toiletries supplied so bring your own of everything. Ash trays not supplied, which I think they should be so we are not ruining their cups to drink from. Balcony on every room which was handy!! The TV had some English movie channels which came in handy as il explain later re entertainment. The beds were very hard so I didn’t sleep too brilliantly
Hotel: Nice hotel considering it has 6 blocks of apartments. Well kept and maintained
Pools: There were 6 in total, we stayed by the adult QUIET pool mainly as the other 5 were over run with locals and there herd of children who had no manners and showed absolutely no respect to anyone. The water was luke warm which was fantastic as to me there is nothing worse than having a freezing cold pool. There should be speakers at every pool though playing music, even if its Mexican music, just something to give the place some life! Also the sun loungers had no toppers on them, so laying on the beds can make your back hurt quite a bit.
Food: We found the food was adequate, but nothing special. We was hoping for themed nights most nights but we didn’t find that. Yes there were themed restaurants but we found the restaurants served mostly the same stuff. We always tried most of the food available that day but nothing was every super fantastic that we wanted seconds on that certain dish. My partner has a seafood allergy and we had rice most days and one day we was eating rice and found some shrimp in the rice which was not indicated, nor was we in the seafood restaurant. We were just lucky that he had no reaction. There was only icecream available for the lunch menu and not dinner which we would of enjoyed at dinner too. Breakfast was lovely though!
Entertainment: We didn’t particularly enjoy any pool side entertainment (At non adult pools) as it was all Spanish and aimed at the kids, but even the theatre event every evening wasn’t too brilliant. It seemed to be more of the same dancing and no variety, plus most of it was in Spanish and we couldn’t understand the story lines from their costumes. It would have been nice for some karaoke or bingo, or something fun which we could all do, even the kids. Maybe a pool/Snooker/Table tennis area etc.
Beach: Was kept clean and tidy but when you just want to relax and soak up some rays and listen to the crashing waves, it’s a little disturbing when you are asked every 5 minutes if you are interested in buying something from the vendors. The sea is warm but can be quite fierce. To me the waves felt like they were crashing into my legs along with a wall of bricks. The current is very strong that it whips up the bottom of the ocean straight into you.
Going outside: I would say it is safe. We didn’t find much at all outside of the hotel which is why we stayed in most of the time but we wouldn’t of had any problems if we did decide to walk outside.
Weather: most days it was 34 degrees in the shade. It was extremely hot that you just pool hopped all day. It rained a total of 3 times during our week, twice for 30 mins which is heavenly and really needed, and the other for about 2-3 hours one evening which cooled the air down nicely. Evenings went down to about 30 degrees, so the theatre packed with 200 or so people was hell, and escaping to your air conned room was heaven!
Transfers: We landed at the airport and was the last couple off the plane, then we were stopped by immigration and searched as we purchased a 200 pack of cigarettes (And declared), and then walking outside and trying to get through the 5 or so people who are not your operator, asking which company you were waiting for for transfers (Trying to trick you I suppose), we were walking up to our bus and it was just reversing out of the space!!! So I’d say hurry on to the bus incase it leaves without you! returning transfer was fine though.
Plane: Flew with airtransat but no airtransat plane. I was hoping for a TV
Overall had a great relaxing week. May not return to that part of the island as we really enjoy a clear calm ocean and a little bit of entertainment during the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Decameron Complex composed of three hotel units: Flamingos, Tropical and Royal, is located 20 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport on the most exciting and extensive beach of the beautiful Bay of Banderas in the typical Mexican town of Bucerias in Riviera Nayarit. The colorful architecture of the Royal Decameron Complex offers 5 swimming pools, 4 of which are suitable for children, and long stretch of beach where you can enjoy different activities, non-motorized water sports and bar services. You can also enjoy a large number of buffet and a la carte options with specialized restaurants including: JAP JAP, Wok, MexicanoFusion, Piccolo and Steak House, among others. We also offer 6 bars along the beach and beside the swimming pools. The Royal Decameron Complex also has other installations like the Vallarta disco, 3 tennis courts, one soccer pitch and a fun Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Decameron Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Hotel
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Bucerias
- Royal Decameron Mexico
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Mexico
- Royal Decameron Complex Puerto Vallarta
- Royal De Cameron
- Royal Decameron Nuevo Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Puerto Vallarta Royal Decameron