“Beautiful view”
Review of Kee to Bala

Kee to Bala
Ranked #2 of 16 things to do in Bala
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Only stayed for a drink or two but the view was great. Will go back again too see a concert next summer, hopefully the experience is still positive.

2  Thank Liveloudlove
"wilcox"
"acoustics"
"cottage"

Reviewed 24 October 2013

More than 70 years of music history in this venue. Saw the Jim Cuddy Band; we were knocked out by how good they were and how close you are to the stage. No ceiling tiles so the sound can get lost in the rafters. Enjoyed the night.

2  Thank tervanz
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Went to see Jim Cuddy.

worst ever........I am 50 years old so not a teenager.......went out to the deck and went to go back in through the proper door and was told I had to go back to the other door as the band was going to be coming through. No problem so I went to the other door and went dowm the stairs and was within 10 feet of wife and was told I could not go there. I said really? I am already in the building and I can see my wife....no I had to leave.....I got a little rude and said I am going to go to see my wife as I am already in the building and went to walk to her and then about 5 guys jumped me and made me walk to the end of the property......NICE!!!!

I WILL NEVER BE BACK........I HAVE BEEN GOING THERE SINCE I WAS A TEENAGER SO THAT WOULD BE OVER 30 YEARS AND HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED LIKE I WAS TONIGHT IN ANY VENUE EVER!!!!

And oh yeah........just as you are thinking this person is drunk and making a stink because he was making a scene.....that never happened!!!! I did what I was told. I also am writing this as soon as I got home.......not drunk.......not a dick......I have never been treated so disrespectful in all my life!

5  Thank iluvfood4444
Reviewed 7 September 2013

If you plan ahead, this could be one of the most memorable concert experiences in your life. The obstacles are mainly the limited accomodation choices nearby, and of course, it is not necessarily subway-accesible. If you manage to book a room at the Bala Bay Inn or at the motel down the road, you're in for a great experience. In the middle of cottage country, watching a (most likely) Canadian staple such as Sam Roberts or Big Sugar, the venue is small, and has steps all around so shorter people can still get a great view. And to top it off, there is a back deck where you can enjoy a pre-show beer with full view of the lake. As if you were in your own cottage. One tip: get to the venue early (say, around 9) to avoid long queues, and to ensure you get in the patio. Once inside, if it is already busy, you may need to line up again to access the patio.

1  Thank canch06
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We were here for the Sam Roberts concert- and really, there is no better place than here to see him, it’s a small venue and the band always sounds great- if you walk by during the day, you can hear the Band rehearsing

However, the washrooms are Disgusting- no lids on some of the toilets, some wouldn’t flush and were full of waste- and this is at the beginning of the evening!

And you can smell the washrooms from where we were standing to watch the show- gross
Another complaint is the beer was warm- I think they just filled the fridge- I didn’t have one cold beer

My review is practically the same as last year! Lol- you think they’d clean up the washrooms at least - Of course I will be back again next year because it’s the best place to see Sam Roberts

2  Thank d-ray-toronto