All reviews guest lounge rutland water amazing location lake view room full english breakfast comfortable lounge breakfast was delicious peaceful location the bed was extremely comfortable tea coffee stayed here for two nights lovely weekend a lovely place to stay night's sleep rob walks sofas
Reviewed 31 May 2018

We needed to break our journey home, and this was a great place to do it. Right by Rutland Water which was an eye opener! It is at the end of the road, so it's incredibly quiet there. You're pretty much left to your own devices, you can while away the time in a very comfortable lounge, which has sleep inducing big sofas. We forced ourselves out before dinner to go for a walk along the lakeside which was lovely. The only bad thing was the weather, but there's nothing anyone can do about that! We had the Lakeside Room which was very comfortable, bit cramped for 2, but then we are used to a King size bed.... The full English breakfast the following morning was heroic to say the least! Rob is a good host, and can definitely recommend a stay there.

Room tip: Lakeside room is good
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
rutlandrob, Owner at Lakeside B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Many thanks for the lovely review. I'm afraid our rooms are not huge but the large lakeview lounge is perfect to spread out, relax, and watch the sunsets over the water. Regards Rob

Reviewed 17 January 2018

The B&B is at the end of a lane and there is no passing traffic, so it was super quiet, just the sound of the wind, the waves, and the birds.

I was warmly welcomed by Rob, who'd rung me to make sure I was on the way, and shown around. I'd booked the Lake View room which was ideal, a superbly comfortable bed which gave me a couple of hours' siesta before I went out in the evening. I didn't use the rather comfortable looking lounge, but came back and slept like a log!

A huge and excellent cooked breakfast, with fruit, cereal and tea/coffee was freshly prepared for me before I set off in the morning.

A very pleasant stay and superb sleep quality.

I can see some 'poor' reviews and I suspect that these are people who don't understand that this is a rustic and homely B&B, not a 5 star hotel. If you want 24 hour reception and liveried servants fawning on you, then this is not the place. If you want a homely and warm experience then I strongly recommend Lakeside B&B.

Rob and Emily - thank you.

Room tip: Lake View room for obvious reasons.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
rutlandrob, Owner at Lakeside B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

That's such a wonderful review. Many thanks. We try to offer a home from home lakeside experience. Hope to see you again. Regards Rob

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with my mum. It's a lovely place, Rob was very good and helpful. The B&B is beautiful and set in a peaceful and amazing location. I was really pleased there was not a TV in the room, I think this is great. Breakfast was excellent. I will surely return to stay here.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
rutlandrob, Owner at Lakeside B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you so much for your very good review. We offer a stylish, quiet, peaceful B&B in an idyllic lakeside location on the water's edge and enjoy making people feel welcome as a home from home. As we get into the winter months we offer our large but cosy lakeview guest lounge with a wood burning stove, to make those evenings warm and comfortable.
New crisp white bedding and hot power showers make you stay memorable. Hope to see you soon. Regards Rob

Reviewed 19 September 2017

We were not impressed by our experience as we were given a tiny room, The Laurel Room - avoid it at all cost. No room to 'swing a cat' as they say & we found the bathroom equally small & uncomfortable. Added to this, we were charged an extraordinarily high price for what was no more than a room with only just enough space for a double bed in it & nothing else. We had to walk around the bed sideways & could not be in the same part of the room at the same time. Added to this a couple of other practical things were not immediately obvious including working the TV in the lounge. Despite the high price there was no TV in our room. Disappointed to say the least, Location brilliant but that's about all.

Date of stay: September 2017
rutlandrob, Owner at Lakeside B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Oh dear, I'm sorry your short stay wasn't as you expected. We want all our guests to have the same, great experience as normal. The Lodge, Barnsdale is a former gatehouse to Barnsdale Hall, so the rooms are not huge. This is why we offer the large lakeview private guest lounge for you spread out, watch tv, or see the bird life and nature on the lake and some amazing sunsets from the lounge windows.
I'm glad you thought the location was brilliant, and we did had a chuckle about the tv controls, radiators, etc, but we got it sorted in the end. You both seemed to enjoy things, so again I'm sorry that it wasn't for you. Kind Regards Rob

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I didn't know where I was going it was a surprise , but there was no regrets and what a lovely weekend away. Room overlooked lake, breakfast out standing thank you. We went for walks around lake during the day and in the evening at sun set which was beautiful ( and I was purposes too ) so a perfect romantic weekend for us .

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
rutlandrob, Owner at Lakeside B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

We're glad we could host your romantic weekend, and congratulations on your proposal and subsequent engagement. Our location, right by the water is perfect even through the Autumn and Winter months with our private lakeview guest lounge and log burning stove and candlelight. Regards Rob