“A little excessive for what you pay for ”

Brasserie Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Barnsdale
Reviewed 7 December 2018 via mobile

Because I treated my husband to a romantic overnight stay. We thought we'd take the opportunity to dine here as well. As we had gotten here for 5 o'clock, we thought we could have a bite to eat in the restaurant, but this wasn't the case, as the restaurant wasn't open until 6pm. We then decided to dine in the bar lounge area.

Although you may not see from the picture below, however my poppadom was rather greasy and the vegetarian curry was too spicy for my liking. However, my husband did enjoy his fish and chips.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Sirloin steaks were cooked to our specification but I believe the quality of beef,(I work in a butchers) made it not as tender as it should of been..Having been in the bar side earlier (and saw chunky chips),was disappointed that our meal càme out with these really skinny (freezer) chips.. So triple fried!!didn't matter..
I had the rhubarb cheescake for desert..Wasn't a piece of cheescake I was expecting,I couldn't taste any fruit as being ingredients in a glass,was masked by a soft cream..
I wouldn't eat here again,I have had better quality at other places.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank 647SharonS
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Had a fantastic evening meal to finish our week stay in stable news lodge. Great fresh ingredients brought together in first class dishes that looked and tasted great. Brilliant and attentive service that was warm and friendly. Looking forward to returning again.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 6 May 2018

The ambiance of restaurant was really lovely and it was a special treat for my partner as her Dad hadn't been well! And we wasn't disappointed as the food was superb as was the service

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 19 April 2018

Met friends for lunch, and despite its setting, could not have been more disappointed!
Despite booking a table in the restaurant for a lunchtime menu, we were presented with a full 3 course menu. We explained we only wanted the light lunch menu, so was ushered into the dark and dingy bar area (despite the restaurant being empty!). so on a beautiful sunny day, we had to sit in the dark bar. My steak and blue cheese sandwich at £14 was mediocre at best (tough steak, hardly any cheese). The service was appalling! IF you could find anyone to take your order? When you did find someone, each member of staff had a dedicated area, so if you found the wrong person, they couldn't serve you?!
We had to search the hotel to find someone to pay our bill. Quite frankly we contemplated walking out without paying, planning to contact the hotel after we'd left to arrange payment, just to highlight the lack of service at the hotel/restaurant!
The chlorine odour from the swimming pool, wafted through the bar. The staff non-existent. And as for the views, well, they would have been lovely, IF we were allowed to enjoy them! thank goodness for good friends, and god conversation. The only thing that saved the day! Would NOT return nor recommend.

Date of visit: April 2018