“Perfect place to stay”

Hotel Alpenhof Postillion
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Kochel am See
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great place to stay. The hotel is centrally located to many sites in Bavaria. The staff at the hotel was very helpful and were willing to help when we had questions about local tourism. When it rained the staff noticed we had no umbrellas so they came to our rescue by providing one for each of us.The rooms were clean and spacious. The complementary breakfast was great with a lot of variety. We also ate dinner at the hotel and we were all satisfied with the food and service.Great hotel and a great value.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hokeco

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel was ideal for us as we came down from our mountain hike. Rooms were very good, service was very pleasant, the restaurant was very good and allowed us to sit outside, and in the evening we enjoyed the sauna and pool.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank luckyturtleErie_PA
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Amazing hotel!
Service was good!
Situated in a quaint town Kochel am See, this hotel was my home away from home for one month. I was on a business trip and my stay here was amazing! We worked In penzberg and the drive was a good 20-25 mins.

I was at room 210 with updated bathroom. It's a single room but adequate for me since I am alone.
The double room was a great size and I moved there for one night.

Breakfast was part of my package and they served good food. Hot and cold meals. The breads were warm when I have my breakfast at 7:30 am. (Please see pictures for the breakfast buffet). I love their pastries too and cappuccino. The servers were so friendly and they know my drink preference as soon as walked in.

Grocery: Edeka
Restaurants: in the hotel and around the hotel
Gelato place next door
Banks across the hotel

I would like to commend Christina and Christian for all their help and hospitality!!

Did I mention they provided me with a mini portable heater? I'm
Not used to the cold weather and I'm grateful they have this heater.

I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank sambuddi2u
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Stayed in Postillion with my son and we found this hotel in small village very good!
Parking in hotels backyard was free of charge and felt very safe place to park.
Service-attitude was good overall and we felt they wanted us to enjoy during our stay.
There was not much to see in the village/town for us, but we checked in quite late, so only real thing we did was a short walking tour near the hotel. However, had a pint of Weizen in opposite hotel's restaurant. :)
We had dinner at Postillion and service was excellent. I think the waiter was owner (or family member) - so well he took care of everyone and had time to have a short chat with everyone.
Food was what we expected; local (bavarian) specialities and we loved the taste! I think the price was also reasonable for this kind of meal.
Room was very basic twin with small balcony towards the main street. The street was not too loud for us, so we had a good sleep. Room was also very clean and we found it convenient for us. If one would stay longer (week or so) it could be a bit small.
Breakfast was what we expected and we found everything we needed for a day of golf. They have a large terrace in the restaurant on second floor towards to main street and it was wonderful to have breakfast in the morning sun and to see village waking up!
Overall, for the price 90e we can recommend this small hotel without hesitation to everyone on their trip in southern Bavaria.

Room Tip: To secure a good sleep, one should ask for a room not towards the main street (this was not a proble...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ripatti
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We stayed here recently for 2 nights on a cycle tour and have stayed here previously. The room we were given was a good size, clean and comfortable and had a balcony with a good view of the countryside.
Breakfast was excellent with a large choice to suite most tastes.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pie-eater-1953
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I took my family to this hotel on a recent 4 day weekend ski trip. We liked the town as it is a 30 minute drive to the ski resorts in Mittenwald, the scenery is beautiful, and there is a wonderful Italian Restaurant there "La Pineta". During Fasching German Holiday week, a 30 minute drive to the ski slopes seemed reasonable. We had no problems with cleanliness, size of the room, or hotel parking.

Our reason for a poor review is for two reasons. 1- Our room was left open for an entire day by housekeeping. Fortunately no valuables were stolen, but when you don't have trust or security, what do you have? The hotel staff acted somewhat concerned, but offered nothing to make us want to come back such as a minor discount for our stay or a future visit. 2- It is extremely overpriced in comparison with other similar hotels in the area

We will not be returning to this hotel and I cannot recommend it for the reasons cited above.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank scudman
Reviewed 6 January 2012

When we checked in we were given a room which stunk of cigarette smoke. It is a smoke-free hotel. OK, blame it on the misbehavior of a previous guest, but why did it take another guest to point out the problem? Well, they quickly gave us another room.
The next morning we went to breakfast. It was very good; just what you would expect from an expensive hotel. When we went back to our room, housekeeping had not gotten there yet. No problem, breakfast was still being served. When we returned that evening, housekeeping had gone home. Our room was untouched.
When I booked this room on Booking.com, a message popped up suggesting that I take the hotel parking for 8 Euro a day, lest I could find no safe place to park the car. I thought that strange since Kochel is a small town, but I took the option. However, each day I found plenty of safe parking, much of it closer than the hotel’s ‘secure’ parking. I asked at the desk about getting the parking refunded. They said that booking.com was responsible for the booking prices and that only booking.com could that change it. I contacted booking.com and they said it was the hotel’s decision and cheerfully promised to take it up with them. The answer from booking.com came quickly – the hotel said, “NO.” I continued to use the free, more convenient, partially covered parking, but I still felt screwed by both companies. I complained again at check-out. Ultimately, the manager credited me 12 Euro. It was better than nothing, but still not what I expected.
Here are some other observations:
Pros:
• Staff was friendly and helpful when not being asked to refund money
• Superior breakfast quality and selection, but with only average breads
• The high-speed internet is free, but it is unsecured (which makes it easy for hackers to invade your computer).
• The pool is free (even if none of the massaging nozzles work)
• The advertised massages are offered a few houses down the block by a private person.
Cons:
• Spartan bathrooms – old worn towels (not always); cheap liquid soap; no shampoo, lotions or conditioner; old-fashioned bath and shower
• Other bathroom problems: ventilation hardly works; the bathtub takes several minutes to empty after taking a short shower; brown water often flows from the hot water taps
• Price tags were on water, snacks, etc., thing that many better hotels give free or, when they charge, they do so in a less obnoxious way.
• Inadequate lighting in room, (bring your own light bulbs, or do not read)
• Housekeeping did not do a very good job, especially when cleaning the bathroom (the tub was dirty each day). The cheap liquid soap ran out. Our drinking glasses were never cleaned. (Perhaps I should not complain; it is possible that they hire the blind.)
• Swimming pool is in need of renovation or at least a good cleaning to get rid of the mold. Based on another review, I wonder if they only clean it in the summer.
If the Hotel Alpenhof Postillion charged under 80 Euro a night for a double room with free parking, I might rate it higher, but at the prices charged, I cannot recommend it at all.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
#2 of 8 in Kochel am See
Hotel Wallgauer Hof
Hotel Wallgauer Hof
#3 of 5 in Wallgau

Been to Hotel Alpenhof Postillion? Share your experiences!