“Unique beautiful rocky beach”
Review of Cala Rossa

Cala Rossa
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Just look at the pictures! The old stone quarry beach is beautiful and crazy. Not the easiest place for swimming, hard to reach the water, but still very worth a visit.

3  Thank argdumtrist
Write a ReviewReviews (3,006)
All reviews
"no matter"
"amazing place"
"be careful"

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I'll start out by saying that I took the pictures but I am still convincing myself it was real. I am well-traveled. This may be one of the most beautiful places I've been.

First of all, I am a solo female traveler. I walked from my hotel, close to the city centre, to Cala Rossa and Bue Marino. I saw cars and bikes all along the trek. It was an afternoon trek, but well worth it if you are an avid walker. Easy flat roads, safe with enough signs and landmarks to ensure you won't get lost.

When I reached the first peak of the crystal blue water, I was amazed. But then I hiked the hills and walked all around the rocks. Stunning! Beautiful! Magic!

The pictures will speak for themselves.

You need to beware of the rocks and stay clear of the edge of the cliffs because it is a bit of a drop. But take your time and enjoy God's masterpiece.

6  Thank Margie R
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Absolutely stunning bay. As many people have rightly said, the closest you will find to the swimming pool of the gods. The multiple photos speak for themselves.

However, as you can see from many of the photos, it is a steep walk down and there is no "beach". The water's edge (and the "towel" area) are made up of hard, sharp rocks that will cut into your feet. Getting into the water without some scratches is virtually impossible and reef/water shoes are an absolute must.

That being said, what a beautiful place, you'll surely take some of the best photos of your life.

9  Thank Stinz3
Reviewed 24 October 2013

After seeing photographs you believe it can't be true, when you walk over the hill and see it for the first time you realise its true alright, the nearest thing to God's swimming pool.

3  Thank Peter R