“Perfect stay in the Dordogne”

La Maison d Hotes d'Anne Fouquet
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect stay in the Dordogne”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed for 2 night in mid April 2014 and it was a perfect stay. The rooms are very modern, clean and spacious, with big bathrooms with a rain power shower and little luxuries like a fridge full of unusual fruit juices and automatic blinds that block out the sun when you need them. Anne the owner is very friendly and can't do enough to make sure you have a great stay, she will recommend places to eat and visit and ring up restaurants and book them for you. She even offered to pick us up after we had eaten in the village! However we prefered to walk back after dinner as it is very scenic and quiet (you will need a torch or some kind of light) as there are no street lights. It's about a 20 min walk into Roque-gageac but its nice to stay away somewhere quiet away from the village. The breakfast was delicious a great variety of food and home cooking and the rooms look over a lovely garden. 100% recommend this.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Catherine C

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying here one night. We selected this B&B based on Trip Advisor reviews. For the first time, we must agree with all the reviews! The accommodation and breakfast were 5 star. What made our stay most memorable was the warm welcome we received from Anne and all her recommendations on places to visit and where to dine. Our only disappointment was that we didn't stay longer. Allow at least 3-4 days to see everything there is to see in this beautiful location.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 September 2013

My wife and I stayed with Anne in early September. It was delightful. The rooms were the best of numerous nice hotels we stayed in during our 2 1/2 week trip, quite new and fashionably equipped with beautiful views over the valley where hot air balloons accented what was a blessedly clear sky. The hospitality exuded by Anne was extraordinary, from a complementary welcome beverage to support in planning excursions and dining to engaging in conversation. Her suggestions resulted in wonderfully memorable experiences. The balcony off the breakfast room was a fabulous spot for a picnic after shopping the market in Sarlat. Don't miss an opportunity to stay with Anne Fouquet (and be sure to enjoy the delicious breakfast)!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Menlo Park, California
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my two day stay at La Maison d'Hotes. Anne Fouquet is a wonderful host who was very helpful and accommodating. The weather was less than cooperative, but Anne made sure I was able to make the most out of my short time in the Dordogne. Breakfast in the morning was fresh, homemade, and delicious. The rooms were spacious and the bed was the most comfortable one of my entire month long trip. I do recommend renting a car in order to take advantage of all the stunning villages in the surrounding area. Otherwise, La Roque-Gageac is within walking distance and La Belle Etoile has an incredible prix fixe meal featuring locally sourced food at a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: There are only three rooms, so count yourself lucky if you are able to book one! They all have lovel...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank jctcali
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My sister and I stayed 3 nights at La Maison d Hotes d'Anne Fouquet on a recent trip to France. We wish we could've stayed longer. The facility was wonderful - clean, contemporary, very comfortable, beautiful location, wonderful bath products, I could go on and on. Anne was a fabulous hostess! She was more than helpful, making suggestions of places to see, dinner locations, making our reservations, helping with a day trip we wanted to take. She was available for whatever we might need. Anne's breakfasts were delicious!
If I ever get the chance to go back to La Roque-Gageac - and I hope I do because that part of France is so beautiful - I hope there will be room for me at La Maison d Hotes d'Anne Fouquet!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Mount Airy, Maryland
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Everything was fabulous. From the beautifully furnished and extremely comfortable room to the best breakfast we had in all the days of our trip to France (Aug 27 through Sept 8, 2012). The views, the warmth of the Fouquet family, and the room itself were all fantastic. Impossible to regret staying here. I recommend it without the slightest hesitation!

From Mt. Airy, MD USA

Room Tip: There are only three rooms and I saw two of them. Ours was larger and had a sitting area, The other...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Hotel Le Clos Roussillon
Hotel La Couleuvrine
Hotel La Couleuvrine
#5 of 35 in Sarlat-la-Caneda

Been to La Maison d Hotes d'Anne Fouquet? Share your experiences!