“Excellent Hotel”
Review of Bella Santorini

Bella Santorini
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Perivolos
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We have stayed in hundreds of hotels in the world and have never had the personal touch by the management that we had at this one. So warm and friendly and interested in us; very good to the kids - it was fantastic and personal. The room was just what we needed, with a loft for the kids and extra beds. We would love to go back again and will recommend it to everyone we know.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nickolas J

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Booked a last minute holiday to Santorini for two weeks of rest and relaxation after a very busy few months. I could not have picked a better hotel. As per previous reviews, the welcome upon arrival was so warm and friendly and not having been to the island before, it was really helpful to be told about the various things to see and do (some of which I took up). Clean rooms, a nice pool to lounge around during the day, if I didn't fancy going to see or do anything; easy access to the beach (a little off the main drag, which I liked as I really don't like pools that open straight up onto the street); and a good sized balcony to have a couple of quite drinks in the evening before heading out. There's a shop nearby and plenty of bars and restaurants, as well as local bus stops for exploring the rest of the island - which is beautiful! I have visited Greek island many times, but I have to say that Santorini is one of the most stunning. A great breakfast was served, with something new every day. I honestly can't fault it. Ok so Santorini is officially classified as a desert climate (even though it's in the Mediterranean) so if you're expecting the rolling landscape of southern France, or Italy, you will be disappointed, as the local fauna gets most of it's moisture from the air but as somewhere to stay, to kick back, soak up the rays, be in close proximity to a wide range of tavernas, great beaches, friendly Greek hospitality and a location where everything is pretty much on the doorstep, you won't be disappointed. Will I go back? Absolutely. Will I tell my friends and family about this hotel? I already have. I've stayed in a lot of hotels all over, but the friendliness of this hotel was something else. Not too in your face, couldn't do enough to help and what struck me most was that the sisters who run this hotel genuinely seem to care. I was sorry to have to leave.

Room Tip: get a sea view
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We picked Bella Santorini at random and I am very pleased that we did! We arrived after a very early flight from Gatwick and were picked up and taken to the hotel. Not Bella Santorini, it turned out, but their sister apartments (Margaretina, I think) because our room wasn't available due to an unfortunate quad accident of the previous inhabitants leading to hospitalisation and an extra night. We were made so welcome and they were very apologetic; rather than stick us in any old place they had spare, they took the time to get us sorted. When we did arrive in BS the following morning we were greeted by Anna in the most lovely welcoming way, and throughout our stay, her and her sister (whose name I didn't get, sorry!) were nothing but courteous, helpful, always welcoming and seemed genuinely sad when we left. OK, so the apartments aren't The Ritz, but what do you expect for the price you are paying? The rooms were basic, yes, but the beds were comfortable, they were cleaned daily, and the air conditioning was perfect (previous comments about it being too cold are nonsense, just turn it up!). Oh, and if you choose your holiday apartment by the quality of the curtains (as others have commented, well, that's just sad!). We had a balcony overlooking the sea, about 200 metres away, where the main strip of very quiet bars and restaurants were. If you want busy night life, walk the ~1km to Perissa. It's a lovely walk, with the moon over the sea.

The pool at Bella Santorini was just the right size for an apartment complex of this size so close to the beach, and was rarely busy. The breakfast included home made cakes (made by the sisters' mother, I think) which is a nice touch.

Overall, if you are looking for a quiet, clean and welcoming apartment in a quiet part of Santorini, only 20 mins by bus from Fira (and from the airport), then I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Bella Santorini. We were made so welcome, I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Having arrived in Santorini, after a brilliant few days in Mykonos where we were spoiled rotten by our lovely hotel staff we were very much disappointed in arriving in this desolate part of the island of Santorini at this shabby property. The property is rather simple, and that's ok, but the the pictures they have posted on booking.com or trip advisor are not AT ALL reflective of the actual rooms. Our sheets were stained, the AC unit was ridiculously cold and centralized in one area of the open space. We booked for 4 people, and were under the impression that we'd be getting 2 closed rooms. Instead there was one bedroom and 2 single beds in the kitchen area. We felt like backpackers on a budget. The breakfast that they initially wanted to charge for, but ended up offering on a complimentary basis, most certainly left something to be desired. Lots of stale baked goods, and cheap juice. The breakfast timings are also not very convenient 8-10 am, because if one arrived at 930, there were crumbs left. The staff was not very open to constructive criticism either. They are in close proximity to the beach, and to good F&B outlets which is really their main selling point.

Room Tip: Keep looking for a better location
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The pool and proximity to the beach are the only thing this hotel's got going for it. We arrived in Santorini after staying in Myknonos and the journey was difficult! The sea was very rough and all four of us were seasick. We arrived to discover that the photos we saw of the room depicted a much nicer place. We were disappointed because the second room was literally 2 beds in a room with a fridge and a tabletop burner (the master bedroom was a bit better). It looked like they had purchased the beds at a flea market. They didn't match, weren't very comfortable and to top it off there was not enough blankets for the number of beds. We had gotten there late, went to have dinner and came back to find no one in the office to give us blankets. The bed sheets had stains that looked like rust or blood. The curtains in the room were ugly. The decor in general was cold and I felt as though I was at overnight camp in the mountains when I was a kid. I am NOT hard to please and have stayed in less desirable places than this...a little genuine concern and hospitality could have easily remedied my disappointment. But, I found the attitude of the two sister that ran the place very off putting. They were unapologetic and smug. If you are going to throw random furniture and offer bare minimum amenities in your hotel rooms you should make up for it with friendly service, kindness and lose the attitude! Santorini is a beautiful island! I will return there for sure, but will never stay at Bella Santorini again nor would I recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank minnow8157
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My partner and I stayed at Bella Santorini for 5 nights and had a wonderful experience. The hotel is situated slightly back from the main Perivolos strip which works in their favour. It allows for a quieter experience but with all the amenities of restaurants, taverns, bars and a mini-market within a 3-4 minute walking distance. The hotel grounds and rooms are very clean and the swimming pool is a haven for those who wish to relax the day away. Evangelia is a very warm host and she was ably supported by her staff who put out an excellent breakfast each morning (I am now converted to Greek yoghurt, muesli and honey - gorgeous)
The guests were very cosmopolitan travelling from Canada, Germany, UK and France which added an extremely welcome experience in learning other cultures take on holdaying in Greece.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Dear readers/visitors to be, have you ever felt like at home in a hotel? Have you ever been treated like friends after few hours of your stay somewhere? Then read this, because we have. My best friend and I did not want to pack our suitcases and leave this place. Evangelia and Anna, sisters who own and run Bella Santorini Apartments, together with other members of their family, are just unbelievable! Evangelia and Anna are always there for their guests. Whatever you need, whatever you ask, they always provide answer or necessary equipment (in our case iron, knife for 13kg watermelon, internet connection) or recommend something that solves your actual problem (trips, shopping, night life).

The hotel is situated in quiet location, only 5 min from Perivilos beach and 15 min from Perissa Beach. We stayed at a sea-view apartment with a balcony. The bedroom was nice and clean with two separate beds, a bathroom and a room with kitchen corner and a sofa (which can be used as another bed). It was just perfect for us two. The only thing I missed was maybe a little better lighting in the bathroom and little more toilet paper to be supplied to our room. Everything else was to our satisfaction (air-condition, fridge, hot water, cleanliness, towels and bed sheets changed daily, safe, hair-dryer...). And the softener they use for linen, hotel towels never smelled so nice :-).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank LS1985
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perivolos
Hotel Matina
#7 of 75 in Kamari
Anassa Deluxe Suites
Anassa Deluxe Suites
#2 of 75 in Kamari

Been to Bella Santorini? Share your experiences!