“Magical and memorable moments”
Review of Bella Santorini

Bella Santorini
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Perivolos
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was a perfect place to stay if you want privacy and you don't want the noise, hustle and bustle, or climbing up and down the steps to get to your cliff side accommodation that you may experience if you are staying in the capital of Thira or Oia. Peaceful yet walking distance to the Black Beach (sand) were you can enjoy great restaurants relaxation and one of the few beaches where you can actually swim on the island. The staff were amazing, friendly and helpful. Nothing was too hard, breakfast was excellent, rooms were clean and modern. Had the privileged of witnessing a French couple tie the knot at the resorts little church which is on site and romantic joined by 20+ guests. The attention to detail setting up for the wedding was also amazing. The pool area was also wonderful if you just wanted to stay on site and enjoy the sun on the pool lounges. I loved staying there and will again in the future if possible.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ahoteljunkie

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I hate to write a negative review, because I agree with the previous reviewers about the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff. But we did not enjoy our stay Bella Santorini at all. To be totally honest, we couldn’t wait to leave -- we felt like we needed another vacation just to recover from this one. I do not wish to disparage a business in a country where everyone is obviously struggling to make ends meet, but the place is basically a step up from a hostel. Granted, we stayed here at the very beginning of the season, so they were still preparing the facility when we arrived, although there were actually a number of guests staying here. We arrived and were shown the “seaview” room, which was on the first floor, but it was not suitable -- it was dark, musty and basically had a view of the parking lot. We requested an upgrade -- and were shown to the suite we ended up staying in. The staff member was very helpful and friendly in providing us with the upgrade. But we had a number of problems from the beginning, such as our toilet breaking three times and not having hot water for 2 days in a row. When the hot water finally was fixed and I was able to take a "bath" in the "tub" - which was more suitable for washing a small pet than for bathing as an adult (it was so small that you could basically only sit in the tub with your legs crossed -- I could have taken a shower but there was only a small handheld shower head without a spot to hang it on the wall) and I needed to drain the tub, the water actually drained out of the floor in front of the toilet bowl, so there was water everywhere. In order to prevent this from happening, I had to rest the stopper in the drain so that it drained out at half-speed. The other issue is that this location was advertised as an apartment where you could cook -- not the case. There was only a one burner hotplate that looked like it had not been used in decades. (Both rooms we saw in this complex had the same kitchen setup.) We were planning to cook a few nights for dinner to save money, but we ended up having to eat out every night. The "kitchenette" was more like a second bedroom. There was only a second, smaller bed in the kitchen area -- no chairs, table, or an alternative place to sit -- so if we wanted to sit, we either sat on the bed in the kitchen or the bed in the bedroom. The view is not what we expected, either. The seaview is more like a farm and wheatfield view, which is what the hotel actually overlooks, and about a kilometer away, there's the sea. So you do technically have a "sea view" but you really have to use your imagination on this one. The room was very musty and had a persistent damp feeling -- the blankets, sheets and even our clothes felt moist for the entire trip. We couldn’t figure out why.
You have to walk about 15 minutes to get to the beach or restaurants -- on an unlit, winding road -- and at night, this can be quite dangerous. We did, however, see a few people cutting through the farm/wheatfield to make the walk shorter.
There really is not much to do in the area -- we were advised to rent a car, which we weren’t originally planning on doing, but if we didn’t, we’d basically have spent the entire vacation sitting inside on one of the beds playing cards. There is a nice pool, but the weather was too cold and windy for us to enjoy it at all -- not a fault of Bella Santorini, of course. As a side note, if you are considering Santorini as a “sun vacation” and want to use the pool or lay on the beach, I would advise not visiting until July or August. I would also advise staying in Kamari, which has a beautiful beach and a number of beachfront stores, bars, and restaurants. We basically drove to Kamari four out of the seven days we were on Santorini.
Again, to be fair, the staff members were all really nice and helpful. Any time we had a problem, they were gracious, courteous, and quick to address the issue. But unfortunately, that is the best that I can say of this location.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here, make sure to select a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank bunnylvr22
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Upon arriving, the Bella Santorini was a bit more modest than I had expected, but very quickly I realized what I gem I had chosen. The rooms were clean and very well taken care of, the area was calm and private but very beautiful, very rustic and authentic environment, 5 minutes walk from the main Perivolos beach while still maintaining the tranquility.
The food and setting was quaint and very enjoyable.

But the best part forsure is the staff! AMAZING STAFF! I had left my iphone there in a roomsafe, and the staff were so helpful, in contact with me for months back and forth to get it back to me, and mailed it back to me at their own expense. Such honest and helpful people, which is very hard to come by while travelling today. You can certainly feel safe and taken care of there!

(Also a great location for joggers and people who want to take walks more off the beaten path)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Esther S
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I loved the Bella Santorini. I had such a warm welcome and was made to feel so special throughout my stay. It's in a great location, the rooms are clean with bedding and towels changed daily. It has a lovely pool area and a good choice at breakfast and great restaurants within easy walking distance. But for me the best part of my stay was the wonderful service given by Evelyn and her mother. They go that extra mile to ensure you have a brilliant time. It was my birthday whilst there and a birthday cake was made for me along with some tasty biscuits. I will certainly be returning again.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank lynwbsg
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Well let's see I've found the Hotel through Aegean Airlines website because it was one of the best scores in review... And they had all the reason. Evagellia is one of the nicest charming and beautiful singers we ever meet... She made us feel welcome since the first day. Also they bring breakfast to your room... She offered a ride to the bus station in her car... She took all the attentions and more... So this hotel deserves at 1000 score for sure. Extremely recommended good food good atention so close to Perivolos beach all the rooms so clean and beside you can learn a bit of Greek. For all this reason and many more we will come back for sure. We already miss you Eva and Anna. Jose Orlando and Panagiotis ;)

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank ogdiamond
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The hotel is very close to the beach (about 2 min walk), the swimming pool is great and the staff really helpful.the rooms are quiet basic but clean and the breakfast quiet simple but does the job so nothing to complain really, would definitely come back!

Room Tip: ask for a room with kithenette if you want one
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rafaelbras
Reviewed 11 September 2013

When we arrived at the Bella Santorini, a small family run hotel we received a warm friendly greeting by Anna one of the sisters who helps run the hotel.
The rooms are clean with fresh towels replaced daily. All the staff are friendly and nothing is too much trouble.. Evelina was always on hand when needed to help with information, organising trips, she even arranged transport with one of her friends when our bus failed to pick us up.
A continental breakfast is available with cooked items available upon request. Bar snacks are available at a very reasonable price.
The pool is peaceful and relaxing but if you want the beach this is only a 4/ 5 minute walk. Bars, restaurants and supermarkets all within easy access.
Santorini is a beautiful island and the people are really friendly. If you want the Ritz go and pay for it, but you will not receive the personal touch as you do from the family run Bella Santorini.
I now regard Evelina as a friend, who knows how to make your holiday so memorable......
I cannot thank her enough and miss you already xx. Mandy and Brian Hodson.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perivolos
Hotel Matina
Anassa Deluxe Suites
#2 of 75 in Kamari
Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments
Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa

Been to Bella Santorini? Share your experiences!