Upon arrival we were greated by hotel staff who assisted us in lifting our cases up the step to the hotel. Whilst a bus load of us were waiting in the reception area to check in, we were the last to be seen, we waited no more than 15 minutes. After check-in we were taken by a member of staff who carried both of our heavy suitcases right to the door of our room.
Entering the room we were pleased to see a very clean and airy bedroom. The room was of a decent size, not overly spacious but perfect for the two of us. The cleaners were fantastic, our rooms were cleaned, swept and mopped every day we were there. We were also given fresh towels every day and clean bed sheets half way through our stay. Any requests for fresh sheets, towels or toilet rolls were dealt with instantly. If we were occupying the room the maids would always return later on to clean.
Whilst the breakfast was repetitive there was nothing to be faulted. The tables and food were prepared nicely and staff with tea and coffee would walk round offering tea and coffee and topping up cups which had already be made. The restaurant area was very clean and had a nice atmosphere, especially with the sun shining.
The pool area was cleaned every day, the hotel and grounds as a whole were in an impeccably clean state.
The beach could not be any closer if you tried. The hotel sun beds on the beach are free but not very comfortable. A second to the right of the hotel beds are very modern and comfy sun beds provided by the cafe next door. You can use the sun beds and umbrella all day, all you have to do is by one drink. The waitress comes to your bed takes your order and brings it to you. The beach is quite breezy but we found it perfect for the particularly hotter days. WEAR SHOES on the beach, we found the black sand unbearable to stand on in the heat.
Overall, you will have a wonderful stay if you choose this hotel. Restaurants line the beach for a good mile and some. Definitely take the opportunity to take an organised trip around the island and see the sunset in Oia.
It was a truly wonderful trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santo Miramare is a fine luxury resort next to the black sandy beach of Perivolos. The absolute destination for families, group of friends, honeymooners or anyone who desires a highly standard accommodation in a traditionally built resort that offers everything the world famous island of Santorini is promising for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Bookgreece.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Santo Miramare Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santo Miramare Hotel Perivolos
- Hotel Santo Miramare
- Santo Miramare Resort Santorini/Perivolos