“Horrible - do not go, ne pas aller”

Perivolos Sandy Village
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Perivolos
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We were stuck two days ago when leaving Santorini because of all boats got canceled due to weather conditions. We were suggested the above hotel by tourist information on the docks. €100 for one night for the family, including transport to hotel and back to port. Rooms are badly maintained, all linen had stains, airco did not work, shower dirty, all taps were leaking, double beds are minuscule,... Avoid the place. Luckily the beach is 10 min walk and plenty of good restaurants around. The picture of the hotel is misleading: they are not on the beach, you absolutely do not see the sea from ground floor as photos pretends and the surroundings are not nice.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Frederic I

Reviewed 27 September 2013

The hotel is run by a fat woman and her daughter Katarina. They will try to extract money from you at every opportunity, including trying to charge you for a map which is free elsewhere.

We saw them bully 2 young women into buying breakfast which they had originally turned down. They also insisted on having the money upfront before supplying the food. They also bullied them into taking a quad bike through her boyfriend which they had also originally turned down.

When asking her the time of ferries to a neighboring island she told me she would help providing I paid her a euro for the telephone call. This is in spite of her having local knowledge not to mention access to the Internet.

We were quoted 3 different prices for a transfer back to the port including her driving us herself. Prices ranged from €50 downwards for what is in effect is a 10-12 minute journey.

The hotel is not in the best of locations and is completely isolated. It is a good 5 minute walk to the beach.

During our 2 day stay, the room was not cleaned at all. Half the cutlery was missing and what was left was stained and dirty.

Like many others, we went to the accommodation office at the port and were persuaded to take this hotel, albeit at a lesser price than we were 1st quoted.

At any price this hotel should be avoided!

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Richard P
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Do not stay here as the mother and daughter are nothing but rude and scammers. They will try and scam you for anything and everything including, taxis, water, maps, wi-fi, tours, lack of change, transfers. The location is far from the beach. The pool is ok but many of the rooms have things not working. Worst place stayed at during months of travel in Europe.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank William W
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

DO NOT stay here... we got off the ferry and were talked into this hotel by one of the desks at the port. After arriving at the hotel we discovered it was in a terrible location, the shower barely worked and was filthy and we were greeted by a fat woman that was rude and insisting we rented quads from her, we ended up renting quads from elsewhere and we were abused by her for not coming to her. when it came time to get to the ferry our transfers we had pre arranged with the hotel didn't show up and the owner said she would take us if we payed her separately. she then didn't have change to give us after paying for the transfer and even asked us for food that we were eating on the way to the port. If your going to Santorini do yourself a favour and stay in Fira, it is much nicer than the rest of the island.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Rob H
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Our original hotel cancell us, and we were dropped in Roberto villas as a better choice hotel. The hotel is nice, but the owners are very unproffesional. The daughter wanted to sell me a map for a euro, where everywhere you go is free. She tried to sell us water, and the most interest to buy her a drink by the pool, and her mother. I told her no!!! If you stay there dont deal with the owners. She even tried to sell me an old phone charger for 30 euros, since I forgot mine at home, and when I said that I am not buying, she offered to rent it for 5 euros for two days, to find out it wasnt working. The mother is weird also.

Room Tip: close to the beach in walking distance
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank lisa w
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I was offered a room at the Robertos Villas by the owners daughter Katarina at the port of Santorini for 200 Euros a night, after refusing she wanted the room for 100 Euros which at that time I thought was reasonable but later found out that the rate was only 35 Euros per night for the other guests who booked there, purely she took adavantage of a single traveller who did not no any better at the time. This place seems to make up all kinds of room fees and don't maintain a fixed rate.

She charged me 50 Euros for a ride to the Villa which I later found out should have only been 20 Euros. When I wanted to book a trip for the Volcano tour she insisted I pay 2 Euros for the phone call to book. She booked me a motor scooter the first day for 20 Euros and next day she wanted 22 Euros because she said I needed to pay her a 2 Euro commission for renting the scooter
(You would think the owner of the scooter rental would be giving her the commission not me.)

This woman is a total scammer and I think a little mentally ill.
My room was terrible and they never cleaned it once or offered clean towels during my 4 day stay.
She would only come in and shut off the air conditioner while I was out so I came back to a blazing hot room each time.

The shower sucked it was about 3 square feet in diameter and had no pressure and no soap was offered and there was no shower curtain.

She would try to enter my room in the early morning 1 am while I was sleeping knocking and try to physically open the door to try to seduce me.

I confronted her about the taxi fees and the over charge for the room but she just beat around the bush about it.

The day I was leaving she was spotted stealing clothing items from rooms at the Villa that a group of french teenage students on a supervised trip to Greece were using. The travel agent was called in and the group left the Villa because of her actions. I don't know if charges were pressed or not.

On my departure I demanded she give me a free ride to the Ferry Port as I was going to Island of Paros that day. She drove me without charge but complained the the cost for her driving me there was coming out of her pocket and was asking for a 5 Euro tip the whole way to the port to which I refused. Her mother is equally crazy but her father was very nice and from what I hear he can't stand her daughter and stays clear of her.

Katerina is a thief and a scammer, I highly recommend you do not stay at this Villa you most likely will have have your items stolen by her if your not carefull

I am a world traveller and have never in all my years have had such a terrible experience.

(STAY AWAY DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM HER, WATER FOOD OR ANYTHING ITS THREE TIMES THE AMOUNT OF THE STORES AROUND THE AREA. )

THERE IS MUCH BETTER AND CHEAPER ACCOMODATIONS CLOSER TO THE BLACK SAND BEACH IN PERISSA SHOP AROUND THE RATES SHOULD ONLY BE AROUND 35-50 EUROS A NIGHT TOPS.
FIVE STAR HOTELS IN THE CITY OF HERAKLION CRETE ARE GOING FOR NO MORE THAN 80 EUROS A NIGHT WITH A WONDERFULL FREE BREAKFAST EACH MORNING.

Room Tip: Better accomodations closer to the black sand beach in Perrisa. Dont pay anymore than 35-49 Euros a...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank Marty M
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Arrived late. We were very tired and picked the first one that we meet at the port. Then it was a "helltrip" to the hotel. (the son) when we arrived to the hotel we run into the next very strange person (the daughter) she tried to sell us all the things you can think of maps etc, we only wanted to sleep. We only bought breakfast from her. We order breakfast at nine the next day. At nine the only thing we meet was the next strange person ( the mother) and no breakfast. Then Sami arrived just when we were about to leave the place. Thanks to Sami we stayed 3 more nights. Sami really try to make a good stay for the guests. Connect with Sami and you are safe, he will give you good service.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Trumma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Perivolos
Anny Studios
#15 of 40 in Perissa
Drossos Hotel
Drossos Hotel
#32 of 40 in Perissa

Been to Perivolos Sandy Village? Share your experiences!