Villa Paradiso Village
Hotel La Darsena(Passignano Sul Trasimeno)
US$89
US$87
Villaggio Albergo Il Gabbiano(Passignano Sul Trasimeno)
US$148
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Kursaal Umbria(Passignano Sul Trasimeno)
Hotels.com
La Vela(Passignano Sul Trasimeno)
Hotels.com
Park Hotel Residence Montigeto(Passignano Sul Trasimeno)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotel Trasimeno(Passignano Sul Trasimeno)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotel Lido(Passignano Sul Trasimeno)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotel Cavalieri(Passignano Sul Trasimeno)
  • Breakfast included
La Casa Sul Lago(Torricella di Magione)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsisola maggioretrain stationall inclusive packagehead waiterpool areaview of the lakewhole weekinghamsassisipassignanoandrea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 April 2011

I decided to switch my preference of hotel for my last business trip to this beautiful town. I felt the Villa Paradiso would be a much more beautiful view and option. The website stated they had internet, they do not. I arrived and they did not have my prepaid arrangements and wanted me to pay then for my stay. I left and came back after my work day, to find they had fixed it. They list all three meals in their room brochure but only serve Breakfast and Dinner.

Housekeeping: I had the maid service forget to clean my room as well as, forget to lock my room on several occasions. I also noted that my sheets were only changed once in the 15 days I stayed in the hotel.

Dining Experience: The dining hall is great, as in very large. As long as there are not any large groups staying here, it is not for the solo guest at all. When there were large tour groups staying the sound was tremendous. I was moved around 4 times in my 'reserved' table and each time it was around more and more people. I even requested to be moved to a more quiet area but was told more people would be in the next night. I had most of my days stuck with screaming children visiting on some school excursion and so the days and nights were quite noisy. I did end up going elsewhere for dinner as I could not stomach to be around so many people.
I also had to prepay for my dinner meals on my first night there. This would not have been so bad if I had not had such a unique experience with changing tables and loud groups I would not have minded. The part that was upsetting that they knew I had not dined in their facility 80% of the time and upon check-out there was no adjustment or refund offered. This was very upsetting.
One saving grace for the dining hall, I got dreadfully ill (for 2 days I did not dine) and on the 3rd day I could not make it down but really wanted some soup and they did bring me soup to my room. I was very thankful for that.
However, the switch of having a buffet almost every night to a menu dinner the night of the 19th was very annoying, as they had rearranged everyones seating to far away from the kitchen so it was a big production when the one server walked from the kitchen with plate of food. Not a very good plan for a small amount of guests.

The Room itself: The toilet in my room was bad, as it flushed water did not go down but flushed upward. After the first time of this occurring I decided to stand back and close the lid! It did not make for a nice feeling. Also, the toilet seat did not fit properly on the toilet, giving you a chance to fall off the toilet each time you used it. The television was changed over the weekend that I was out touring around town with no new channel guide. There is only one English channel and it took a long time to find that channel in the new line up they had switched to.

In General: This is not a hotel for the business traveller. I would suggest it for families and guests who want the staff to speak in their native tongue as they are well versed in several languages which made it nice.
I am sad to say my stay was not as nice as I had hoped. I strongly suggest, if you are a light sleeper, ask for a room AWAY from the stairs, better yet stay somewhere else. I had loads of noise and inconsiderate people screaming in the hallways and stairwells at all hours of the night. When I shushed them, they just laughed at me. It was quite frustrating.

All the best to those who have a visit, the town is beautiful and well worth a stop to check it out.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms by the stairs and the bar.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank LisaPattenden
Reviewed 20 September 2010

we stayed at Club Hotel Villa Paradiso at the end of July for one week with our two university aged children and one teenager and booked it because it would allow those who wanted to explore the delights of Umbria and Tuscany to do so, but also combine this with an opportunity to unwind by the pool. How wrong we were!!!!!!!!!
The hotel ( is it a hotel, club or villa???) is positioned in a residential area. The accomodation is 3 star rather than the 4 star it claims. The rooms are clean but basic. To use the pool you have to wear a plastic swimming hat ( which you buy from the hotel)..... The pool is smaller than the pics suggest with a capacity for about 80 people. Neither the pool nor the area around it are large enough for the hundreds ( 350 at a guess) of guests staying at the hotel. The 'animators" run daytime clubs for children and teenagers in the pool all day long. Hence for much of the day, it is booked by the 'animators' and out of bounds. We were only able to use it before 10 a.m., from 12.30-1.30 or after 5.30pm and then having to stand by the pool or sit on the ground because of the lack of sun beds this was not is not our idea of a holiday. Surely the services should be available to all the guests. As the parents of 3 young adults we are used to loud music but at Club Paradiso pop music was blaring out over the pool all day long from giant speakers which made it impossible to hold any kind of a conversation ( sign language necessary to ask my husband if he would like a drink!) , read a book or relax ( even if you were lucky enough to find somewhere by the pool to sit). More like a theme park! Unable to find another hotel to accomodate our family at that time of year we eventually made the decision to use the hotel to sleep and eat and spent all day sightseeing away from it.
On a positive note the food is wholesome and you won't go hungry.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
9  Thank lizzielovesholidays
Reviewed 19 August 2010

My wife and I spent a wonderful week here. Our room was small but spotlessly cleaned every day, with clean sheets/towels. Lovely side lake view. Staff were all friendly and the buffet breakfast and evening meals were substantial, varied, tasty and seconds always available. Only grumble was the coffee from an automatic machine, horrible. However an expresso from the bar was only 1 euro.
Swimming pools were crowded, and sunbeds very close together, but there are quieter areas around the hotel grounds.
Passagnano is a lovely little lakeside town with several nice bars.
A ferry trip to the Isola Maggiore is a must.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank FitnFun
Reviewed 17 August 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks while in town for business. I found the buffet style breakfast and dinner convienent. I thought the food was good (for buffet style) with a lot of variety available. The dining service was also good (quick plate removal, friendly staff, etc).
This hotel is packed with vacationing families. Don't stay here if you don't like seeing/hearing kids. They do have activities for them throughout the day/night which is a good thing.
The hotel is laid out on a few different levels (due to building additions). Both rooms I stayed in were on the floor which was not accessible by an elevator, so I had to drag all my luggage up 1.5 flights of stairs and there was no porter to help me. With no AC in the hallway areas, this was a very sweaty and frustrating endeavor.
The AC in the rooms was very unpredictable. It would never stay on for a consistent time. Sometimes it would shut off after 2 minutes and sometimes it would shut off in the middle of the night or stay on all night. I was never able to figure it out. The shower was TINY, but the bathroom was clean. Each room has a mini-fridge which is convienent for keeping water, etc. The TV in my room was TINY and mounted up in the corner, so some things (like text on the screen) were very hard to see.
Being a business traveler it was very annoying for me to not have internet access in my room. Access is only available in the lobby and a small price is charged. Some type of fitness center/treadmill, would have been very nice. I don't think it would be difficult to have some type of fitness room esp. in a "4 star" hotel.

Overall a decent hotel with good service, but definitely a couple annoying things.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank tjl153
Reviewed 15 August 2010

Booked an Inghams break through Voyage Prive at £1,000 for two flying from Manchester.
Flight with Jet2.com was an hour delayed in both directions.
At Rome airport it was slightly chaotic but eventually met up with Ingham's rep Federica.
Coach trip to Passignano was fine, good careful driver (Carlo) and a comfort stop for a snack at a pizza fast food joint.
Check in uneventful

Location - an easy walk to the railway station and town.

The room - partial lake views, smallish room with one easy chair. safe, old style TV (did not use it)
Bathroom, shower only, thin plastic cups.

Hotel facilities are limited unless you lie around the pool with the families.
Hotel is very popular with Belgian families (Walloon and Flemish)

The food - In the coach the rep promised us fresh local food and great wines. Not in this hotel where it is generally pretty poor. Virtually no local fresh produce. Common denominator buffet fodder. No fresh coffee or juice at breakfast. Packed lunch is inedible. After one day we chose to eat lunch in restaurants and nibble in the evenings. Wine, beer and soft drinks on tap. Red wine was OKish.

As a base for visiting the region (we hired a car in Perugia) the hotel is fine. As a hotel experience, avoid it. Pay a bit more somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple