“Good situation do visit nearby cities”

Villa Paradiso Village
vilvoorde
“Good situation do visit nearby cities”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

we stayed for 1 week in July and overall it was OK. The rooms was ok but not very tidy. The food was good, there was a lot of choice. Animation for kids OK. The hotel is very well situated to visit Sienna, Perugia, Montepulciano, Firenze.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank aame

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

We visited for two weeks from end of August. We probably went a little too early as school children were still there and the first week was rather noisy/busy. Not all children are well behaved and did run around in the dining room and around the seating outside of an evening.

The food was average, but we are fussy and everyone else seemed to be piling their plates high. You can order packed lunch if you are going out. Hotel is very clean and rooms were adequate. Staff are all very nice, friendly and helpful. The Inghams rep Dany is very pleasant and will go the extra mile for her guests.

The area is great for visiting the Tuscancy and Umbrian areas. The local trains are super and you can get about to a great many towns on your own should you wish to do so. The trips organised by Dany for Inghams are very interesting. We really enjoyed Sienna and Cortona visits with Inghams.

All in all a nice setting for getting out and about and having a quiet holiday in a typical Italian area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank beniprop
Mellieha malta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

We booked 3 rooms through booking.com which were 1 x triple room and 2 x 4 beds as at the time of booking they did not have 4 double rooms. When we arrived at the hotel we found the 2 x 4 person rooms consisted of 1 double room and a sofa bed that extended into a bunk bed of metal where 2 adults of over 100 kg were supposed to be sleeping. The false information is that these are family rooms for 2 adults and 2 children and not for 4 adults.To go to the top of the bunk bed you had to go up a steel ladder that wobbles and the lower bed nearly touches the floor. We complained that we had booked rooms for 4 adults and the bunk bed is not a bed for 2 adults for people over 50 years old. We were provided with another 2 rooms with double beds however they refused to refund us the difference we had already paid on booking.com for 4 adults in each room. Therefore these rooms costed us double the price. What a rip off. they said they were not responsible. They are responsible as they are giving false information on their website by saying that these bedrooms are sufficient for 4 adults. When i asked to speak to the manager they refused to bring him or her forward to discuss the problem. this is not a hotel you can depend for a pleasant holiday.

Room Tip: Make sure that the room you book for more than 2 persons are sufficient as they are renting these ro...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
NicolettaBarberi, Assistenza Clienti at Villa Paradiso Village, responded to this review, 27 September 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.
We would like to apologize about the discomfort you have suffered during your stay however, we would like to clarify some points as regards the situation.
In the website where you booked the rooms, is clearly specified that the quadruple room is furnished with one double bed and one bunk bed with a standard size. At the check in you claimed about the accommodation and We have proposed you to change the 2 quadruple rooms (each for 4 people), that you’ve originally booked, into 2 quadruple room (occupancy 2 people per room) and 2 double room (occupancy 2 people per room) with a small supplement for the 2 double rooms in addition. The supplement for the double rooms was immediately communicated by our hotel staff and you accepted our proposal.
We also confirm that our information are complete and truthful because the quadruple room was correctly described with one double bed and one bunk bed. However, We are really sorry that you didn’t appreciate the hotel, but We have done our best to resolve the situation.
Best regards

Travellers are raving about these Passignano Sul Trasimeno hotels

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

We had a very pleasant stay overall. The staff were pleasant and helpful - no not all of them could speak English (why should they - we were in Italy!) but they would try to help and/or get someone else. The hotel is a family hotel so yes if you want a quiet stay this is not the best choice though all the children were well behaved and the activities were well organised. There are not enough sunbeds or outdoor tables for the number of guests though the staff do their utmost to ensure that thoughtless guests don't monopolise these by reserving them with towels etc while busy doing something else. The buffet meals had plenty of choice and everything was well cooked and well presented. We had either lunch at our reserved table or a packed lunch though this may be part of the Inghams package. Two of us are vegetarians and we had no problem finding things to eat at the buffet tables though obviously vegetarians always have some lack of choice. The free bar was a bit of a bonus and we found the coffee from the machine very palatable for machine coffee. Perhaps our only negative comment here would be that there were no sugar free drinks in the soft drinks containers but there was still or sparkling water. The free red and white wine was of course house wine but was of a reasonable quality. Cleaning of rooms was very good and the rooms were of a decent size. The town was pleasant and was a good base from which to use the very good local transport to see places like Assisi and Florence. Overall the hotel was good value for money and we enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank chrisaskew
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012 via mobile

This hotel is probably one of the worst hotels that I have stayed in
The staff were totally rude , they did not even respound sometimes when spoken to. I had to wait about 10 minutes on my first night to be shown to my table - there was nobody else waiting. If you do go join the stampede at 7:30 when the resturant opens because if you go any later the buffet did not seem to get refilled
The food itself was poor at best horrible pasta and a cheap english main course I do not travel to Italy to eat meat and 2 veg or chips
The room was ok if you like the hallway light shining through the gap under the door take a small towel to block out the light
All in all not value for money

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank blomb
Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

We arrived late after a terrible day in traffic. Restaurant was closed and could not get anything. Personel at reception hardly spoke anything else but Italian.
Requested room on ground floor appeared to be on 2nd floor, asked for another room and were moved. Do ask for a room on ground floor, you wil get a table and sunbeds. Nice for smokers or just to let the kids play on the grass whilst you are arranging your things. On floors, no balcony!

Nice and clean pool with lots of sunbeds and shade, but crazy rules: only open from 10-13 and 16-19. Not when raining. On first day we were told to leave at 18:30, after complaints to reception this was solved. Bathing cap obligatory!!
Very noizy: loud music during activities at poolside.
Activities: good for small kids (baby disco and poolgames) and for teens (evening socker, cardgames). For grown ups waterpolo, aquagym. Nice pianobar 3 times a week.

Dining room very big, bit noisy, but well mannered guests. No screaming children. Tables very clean. Choice of buffet could be better with more variation, but good quality cooking.
Waiting line at door only for new guests: this due to fixed seating, first time you come to eat you are accompanied to your table. Next time, you just go in.
We never experienced shortage of dessert, so no need to stack up.

All-in drinks could be better, coffee is awfull, but good tea out of machine: hot water and Twinings teabags in box next to machine.

Nice playing area for the smallest, tenniscourt a bit weird (hardly room behind baseline), but free and hardly ever occupied. Only 10 min by foot to city center, trainstation and boat service to Isola Maggiore, so leave your car at hotel and walk.

Rooms are rather small for four, but free safe, good working airco and free safe. No noise from neighbouring rooms. Warm water anytime of day and for long shower.

I've been in better places, but also in worse. Given the price we paid (about 970 euro/9 days/2 ad+2 ch), it was worth it's money.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Vitafor
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2011

I decided to switch my preference of hotel for my last business trip to this beautiful town. I felt the Villa Paradiso would be a much more beautiful view and option. The website stated they had internet, they do not. I arrived and they did not have my prepaid arrangements and wanted me to pay then for my stay. I left and came back after my work day, to find they had fixed it. They list all three meals in their room brochure but only serve Breakfast and Dinner.

Housekeeping: I had the maid service forget to clean my room as well as, forget to lock my room on several occasions. I also noted that my sheets were only changed once in the 15 days I stayed in the hotel.

Dining Experience: The dining hall is great, as in very large. As long as there are not any large groups staying here, it is not for the solo guest at all. When there were large tour groups staying the sound was tremendous. I was moved around 4 times in my 'reserved' table and each time it was around more and more people. I even requested to be moved to a more quiet area but was told more people would be in the next night. I had most of my days stuck with screaming children visiting on some school excursion and so the days and nights were quite noisy. I did end up going elsewhere for dinner as I could not stomach to be around so many people.
I also had to prepay for my dinner meals on my first night there. This would not have been so bad if I had not had such a unique experience with changing tables and loud groups I would not have minded. The part that was upsetting that they knew I had not dined in their facility 80% of the time and upon check-out there was no adjustment or refund offered. This was very upsetting.
One saving grace for the dining hall, I got dreadfully ill (for 2 days I did not dine) and on the 3rd day I could not make it down but really wanted some soup and they did bring me soup to my room. I was very thankful for that.
However, the switch of having a buffet almost every night to a menu dinner the night of the 19th was very annoying, as they had rearranged everyones seating to far away from the kitchen so it was a big production when the one server walked from the kitchen with plate of food. Not a very good plan for a small amount of guests.

The Room itself: The toilet in my room was bad, as it flushed water did not go down but flushed upward. After the first time of this occurring I decided to stand back and close the lid! It did not make for a nice feeling. Also, the toilet seat did not fit properly on the toilet, giving you a chance to fall off the toilet each time you used it. The television was changed over the weekend that I was out touring around town with no new channel guide. There is only one English channel and it took a long time to find that channel in the new line up they had switched to.

In General: This is not a hotel for the business traveller. I would suggest it for families and guests who want the staff to speak in their native tongue as they are well versed in several languages which made it nice.
I am sad to say my stay was not as nice as I had hoped. I strongly suggest, if you are a light sleeper, ask for a room AWAY from the stairs, better yet stay somewhere else. I had loads of noise and inconsiderate people screaming in the hallways and stairwells at all hours of the night. When I shushed them, they just laughed at me. It was quite frustrating.

All the best to those who have a visit, the town is beautiful and well worth a stop to check it out.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms by the stairs and the bar.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
#6 of 10 in Passignano Sul Trasimeno
Albergo Le Tre Isole Villaggio
Albergo Le Tre Isole Villaggio
#2 of 2 in San Feliciano

Been to Villa Paradiso Village? Share your experiences!