“Wonderful Time” 5 of 5 bubbles

Villa Paradiso Village
Bethesda
“Wonderful Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

This was the first time that I had been to Italy, and to stay in such an entertaining and all-around great hotel was definitely the way to go. I had tons of fun in the places I went to while I was there, but also when I was back at the hotel. Some of the activities include aqua gym and darts during the day, and dancing and karaoke during the evening, I per took in all of them, and had loads of fun. During dinner time and up until right before the dancing, there is also a piano bar, where you can listen to wonderful singing! It was such a fun time and I hope to do it again soon! A wonderful hotel! :)

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Geel, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

it was the second time we have been there and it was again great. The food is very good, the animators are very great becaus they do a lot of things with the childrens like aqua-gym, playing darts, football, the dancing in the evening is so much fun and last but not least i enjoyed the songs from the singer in the evening becaus she sings very well!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank matthias135
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I was visiting Passignano for a friends wedding along with three of my friends. Although on the outside walking in it looked like a lovely 4 star hotel, our experience was very different!

When booking our room for 4 adults there was no mention of bunk beds, however we were put in a small room with bunk beds that were too small for us. This was clearly designed for 2 children in a family. We stated this to reception and expressed our concern as we were there for the week. The lady behind reception agreed she wouldn't put 4 adults in this room and she would ask the manager what could be done. We were then told from the manager that nothing could be done as it was not their fault it wasn't clearly stated via booking.com. The manager was particularly rude and made us feel like troublesome teenagers, rather than 27 year old women! The rudeness carried on, with comments about our outfits for our friends wedding and chatting in Italian whilst looking at us when we were in the lobby, making us feel uncomfortable.

To top this awful experience off, our air con unit broke on the first night spurting out dirty water onto our clothes and belongings. Although the handy men came up to 'fix' it, soon after it was doing the same thing. This happened 4 times during the week, one being at 4am waking us up along with when we were getting ready for our friends wedding, when we needed it the most. The handy men were also very leering and inappropriately staring at us/making comments whilst we were trying to rush around and get ready for the wedding! However, still no negotiation on moving rooms!

Positives of the trip were that the pool area, although busy with children was fun and the pool boy was friendly. That's about it!

Not a 4 star experience for sure!

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Alison H

Travellers are raving about these Passignano Sul Trasimeno hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

It's my 4th time i stay in villa paradiso and it is still good as always. Very friendly staff, good animation and clean. The rooms are nice and very clean. The kitchen is delicious with various choices. It was a good stay.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Zarah B
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Hotel is a few minutes walk from the train station and is just around the corner from a super market. 10 of 15 minute walk from the centre of town.

Our room was in good order, was clean, with air conditioning and a comfortable bed. Swimming pool a good size for a dip and always plenty of loungers available.

The staff were excellent - very pleasant and will go out of their way to help. Printed off bus timetables and phoned for hire of a private car when needed to head to a wedding ceremony (there don't seem to be any taxi services in the town so this was really good of the staff to help out). Would go back if visiting this area again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank mrworldwide23
Norfolk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We booked two double rooms for two nights and were pleasantly surprised. Ok, the rooms were quite basic and the shower doors tended to stick but they were spotlessly clean and very good value. The staff were friendly and helpful, recommending restaurants for our evening meals. Breakfast was very good, with a wide range of hot and cold food. The croissants were delicious.
We didn't try the pool - well it was the end of October!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Barbara H
Blackburn, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Prior to the above holiday I have visited this particular hotel in late June, about three years ago (when it was full-board as opposed to all inclusive) and returned this year because I had been so impressed generally with the peaceful and relaxed atmosphere as well as other aspects of the hotel on that previous visit. The clientele base was predominantly, although not entirely, adult of various ages (I don’t remember if it was Blu Hotels at this point)
This time was very different.
On arrival one of my first impressions comprised children of a wide age range, dashing around everywhere within the very limited amount of both internal and external communal space available to guests. I would stress immediately that I am not a miserable person, disapproving of children’s enjoyment and am a parent myself of an adult family.
However, the hotel now appears to be almost entirely family orientated and, based on brochures available at reception, it seems to me that Blu Hotels are offering hefty discounts for couples and families at this hotel throughout the summer season alongside others of their hotels. During my stay I have it in good authority that there were in excess of 400 guests.
Unfortunately, the communal hotel areas are completely inadequate to accommodate such numbers. The “large outdoor pool” advertised is very small. The poolside areas are extremely limited. If you were early enough to find a poolside space in the sun you could expect to risk being constantly splashed or hit with a “missile”(ball) and the “sun terraces” offered very little sun on account of the trees and were crowded also. Very, very loud music was played at the pool forcing me to abandon that area anyway. The “small lounge area” is at the reception and the bar with terrace comprises of a large room with the odd chair and table and a small outside area with as many tables and chairs as can be crammed into it, covered over with canopies. The latter area was totally inadequate in size during the evening when guests crammed in to “enjoy” the all inclusive drinks and monotonous piano bar, regardless of weather. The actual bar itself was in the large room and was occupied by kids (watched by some parents who stood at the side) from early evening until after 10.30. every day doing supervised dancing to very loud music which almost drowned out the piano bar anyway.
All areas were a potential race track for kids but non used for this purpose as much as the “extended restaurant” and the reception area which were a potential health and safety hazard. Children were also helping themselves from the buffet in the characteristically unhygienic way one would expect from this age group. No attempt seemed to be being made to regulate the activities of the children either by the parents or the establishment. I am not alone in these observations which were shared in conversations with others.
All in all there did not seem to be very much consideration at all for the holiday needs of adults, nor was there enough space for the needs of children either to the extent that the hotel “fell between two schools”. The net result of all this I considered to be an unprofessional shambles on the part of management.
An additional problem for me personally was that the water in my room was either lukewarm or cold apart from around 7a.m. Repeated attempts to get this sorted out at reception were met with polite but evasive responses or I as told that the water was being checked and each time it was okay (although it never coincided with my presence). In the end, when my water was cold at 10p.m., I made my way down to reception in the rain and personally beseeched a receptionist to come to my room to test it for herself which she reluctantly did, found it so and said they would have to intall a new boiler. Previous to this she had come up with the comment at one stage that there was no hot water in the hotel, only warm!
The shortcommings of the hotel are unfortunate in that, in some ways, it has several things going for it. The food, although mainly unspiring, is acceptable and plentiful with healthy options. The dining room and catering staff are extremely polite and friendly, the housekeeping is good and the beautiful Lake Trasimeno area has so much to offer.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
#6 of 10 in Passignano Sul Trasimeno
I Capricci di Merion
I Capricci di Merion
#1 of 5 in Tuoro sul Trasimeno

Been to Villa Paradiso Village? Share your experiences!