Villa San Crispolto
Hotel Kursaal Umbria(Passignano Sul Trasimeno)
US$88
US$86
Great 4.5/5
La Vela(Passignano Sul Trasimeno)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$80
Great 4.5/5
Park Hotel Residence Montigeto(Passignano Sul Trasimeno)(Great Value!)
US$69
Great 4.5/5
Hotel La Darsena(Passignano Sul Trasimeno)
US$72
US$61
Good 3.5/5
Villaggio Albergo Il Gabbiano(Passignano Sul Trasimeno)
US$74
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Villa Paradiso Village(Passignano Sul Trasimeno)
US$79
US$76
  • Pool
Hotel Trasimeno(Passignano Sul Trasimeno)(Great Value!)
US$72
Very Good 4/5
Hotel Lido(Passignano Sul Trasimeno)
TripAdvisor
Good 3.5/5
Hotel Cavalieri(Passignano Sul Trasimeno)
TripAdvisor
Average 3/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsromantic italian weddingscortona town hallciao ciaowedding suitedj alexwedding weekstring quartetstep tooldance floorstress freewedding cakeout of this worlddream weddinghis teamfamily and friendsblown awaywhole process
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Its taken me so long to get to writing this but finally im here! I just want to say our wedding was a dream come true. Everything was perfect, we could not have asked for anything more.

Arriving at the villa was a great surprise, it was utterly amazing. As we hadn't visited the villa before hand and only went with what we had seen on the internet, we weren't sure what to expect but all i can say is it was beyond what we would ever have imagined. The view was out of this world especially on a lovely sunny day (of which we had lots!!). There was nothing we could have faulted about the accommodation and i would definitely recommend staying in the wedding suite for the full week. Every morning i woke up i felt like a princess!!

The planning and detail for our wedding was unbelievable, i don't think i have ever met a more organised person than Marco!! It made us feel relaxed and at ease and left us with no doubt whatsoever that our wedding day was going to go smoothly and be exactly what we wanted.

That leads me on to the big day itself...........what can i say, there are no words to describe how amazing that day was. Waking up in the wedding suite with my bridesmaids, the sun shining, cracking open the prosecco, giggles and gossip and relaxing with my family was a lovely way to start the day. Nothing was too much bother for everyone who came along. Nello arrived with a bottle of prosecco for us all to enjoy which was a lovely thing for him to do and then he worked his magic on our hair.............everyone was over the moon with their hair and make-up and im so glad i spent that little bit extra to have them come to the villa rather than us go to the salon.

Mark (riff raff photography) then arrived with Kamil and the photos and videos started!! They were both great to work with and although im not too keen about getting my photo taken, Mark made us feel very relaxed and created magic with his lenses!! I would highly recommend Mark, i know his prices are a little bit more expensive than the Italiy based photographers but believe me he is so worth the money. Plus having a photographer who speaks English makes life so much easier as you know exactly what he is asking you to do. I met up with Mark on the 2nd day of arriving in Italy to dicuss what we wanted and nothing was too much hassle. I wanted hay bales, flowers and lots of colour, sunsets and Italian Cafes and Mark did not disappopint. He went off that afternoon and found everything i wanted. Also as well as the wedding album you will also be given the dvd with ALL your photos from the day with full rights to do whatever you want with them. We had 405 photos from the day and the thought of only being able to choose 80 of them and losing the rest would have been devastating. We initially decided not to go with a video, but im so so happy we changed our mind and went with Kamil. Although the final video only lasts around 6 minutes, it shows clips from the whole day and is presented so well that i have watched it over and over again!!

Arriving in the square with my dad to everyone clapping and the bag pipes playing is a memory i will never forget. The ceremony was beautiful............i loved the fact it was all in Italian (but also the fact that Marco was there to translate it all). After all the photos we then headed back to the villa for canapes and prosecco by the pool......wow this looked fab!! It was so nice to be able to relax and chat by the pool with our family and friends before sitting down for our meal and speeches. Well and what can i say about the meal.......it was absolutely delicious!! My mouths watering just thinking about it!! The wedding cake was even better, i have no idea how many pieces of wedding cake i had but it was quite a few!!! Oh and the desert wine is delicious!! Im not usually a fan of desert wine but i loved this one!

Then it was party time with DJ Alex. He was amazing with every song we could possibly imagine. I had also downloaded some music on to my ipad (Scottish dancing, The Proclaimers, Runrig etc) which he was more than happy to play. What a night..........we had so much fun!! I was slightly worried that there were only 24 of us and we had a DJ and disco lights but actually this is what made the evening so special. We were able to spend time with ALL of our guests; we laughed, danced, drank and had one of the most amazing nights of our life!! We went with the free bar option and again this was a great decision as it meant our guests could drink as much or as little as they wanted and no one had to worry about the money or that we would run out!!

Any request we had DJ Alex was more than happy to oblige! At one point in the evening my bridesmaid was up there with him, with the ear phones and everything on!! I honestly can’t put in to words how fabulous the night was…………….we ended up in the pool as the music came to an end, clothes on and all!! What a way to end the night!!

The whole week at San Crispolto was one of the most unforegettable weeks of my life and will never be forgotten by either me, my husband or all our guests. From the first moment we arrived, to sitting at the large family table outside eating, drinking and talking until the small hours, to lying by the pool with all the family, to the lovely meal the night before to the wedding day itself............i can go on and on. What i will say though is if i could do it all again i would in a flash and do you know what? I wouldn't change a single thing because it was the most amazing, special, unforgettable day i will ever have.

I read the review from the gentleman complaining about the hidden costs etc. Please be assured there are NO hidden costs. The bride and groom are made well aware of all costs before any bookings are made............yes you need to pay for linen, towels etc but thats all included in the total bill. As for the electricity charges at the end of the week.........i have no idea how it could possibly costs 70 euro per couple, im sure our bill worked out about 10 euro per couple. As for guests needing a car to go anywhere......yes you do need a car but if you actually spend any time reading the website its very clear that the villa is situated at the top of a hill and so far from the centre of town. But thats the beauty of it..........its secluded and private and quiet with views to die for. I couldn't recommend Romantic Italian Weddings and Villa San Crispolto enough. If your looking for a hassle free, laid back, relaxed and amazing unforgettable wedding then this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Brides and grooms if you can then pay the extra and stay in the wedding suite for the whole week......you won't regret it :)
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Claire M
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We recently stayed at Villa San Crispolto for my daughter’s wedding. If you are interested in a Tuscany/Umbria destination wedding you cannot go wrong using Romantic Italian Weddings, it's owner Marco, and his staff led by the beautiful and efficient Monica. The villa is simply spectacular. We thought it would be lovely from the website, but it was actually more stunning in person! The views of Lake Trasimeno are amazing. At the pool, there is a 180 degree view. Many of the rooms have views out of the windows and finally there are patio tables & chairs where you can sit outside and enjoy the lake view. The rooms inside the villa are also very nice. Although rustic in design, they are very modern with each having its own flat screen television and plenty of electrical outlets. The bathrooms are roomy and all have showers. The wedding suite is spectacular and an excellent place for the bridal party to get dressed the day of the ceremony. The kitchen, with its large table, quickly became the place where everyone would congregate. It is furnished with everything you could ever want - modern appliances, a plentiful supply of dishes and glasses and a full suite of pots and pans. Originally, we could not get the coffee maker to work, but Marco provides a phone to contact his staff, and like all other requests this one was answered quickly and a new coffee maker was delivered. The grounds around the villa are very well manicured with an abundance of flowers and olive trees on the property.

The wedding was in early April and Spring was late to arrive this year so the weather was colder than normal. Thus, we were unable to use many of the outdoor facilities (pools, picnic tables, grill, etc.) or enjoy any activities at the nearby lake, but still our week was spectacular. If blessed with good weather, I can't imagine any better place to stay for a week. With nice weather, you could easily spend a week just at the villa or enjoying activities on nearby Lake Trasimeno. However, the villa is also a convenient base for touring Tuscany and Umbria. Many hilltop towns, including Assisi, Siena, Perugia, Montepulciano, Orvieto and Montalcino are within an hour's drive from the villa and the roads are modern and easy to navigate. You could also drive to Florence, but I would recommend taking the train from nearby Cortona Terontola to avoid driving and parking in Florence. The train takes a little over an hour and costs approximately 10 euros each way and drops you off just a short distance from the main tourist attractions.

Marco, and his team, not only do a terrific job operating the villa, but they also provide excelling wedding planning services. Their 8 step approach helps take the stress out of making wedding decisions. You can completely trust Marco's recommended suppliers some of which I will discuss in more detail below.

The night of our arrival, we ordered pizza from Marco's Ciao Ciao restaurant. Having pizza was a relaxing and casual way to start the week, especially for many of our visitors that had travelled a long distance that day from the United States. There are supermarkets nearby in town to get food/supplies for the villa, however, we could not find ice at the local supermarket so Ciao Ciao was kind enough to also deliver ice to us.

The next evening, we used one of Marco's recommended catering services (Renata) to provide Easter dinner at the villa. Dinner included several pasta dishes and mixed meat selections for the main course. It was all very good and there were still leftovers for the following day.

The day before the wedding Marco conducts a wedding rehearsal. Our daughter got married in the town hall of Cortona. Marco led all of the wedding party on the beautiful drive to Cortona and went through step by step what would happen at the ceremony and let everyone rehearse what they would be doing the following day. Our daughter chose Mario and his son Federico to provide the flowers so we were able to stop by their shop, located on the square in front of the town hall, and meet them the day before the wedding. The flowers they provided were just what my daughter wanted and were quite beautiful.

On the wedding day everything went off perfectly. The lovely Monica was at the villa during the day to oversee everything that was happening at the villa with the reception. Normally, appetizers are served by pool if the weather is nice, but due to the cold weather we moved this part of the reception to the chapel beneath the wedding suite and it worked out nicely. Marco took charge of the ceremony, even translating for the Cortona town hall official who provided the wedding services. It is an especially nice touch that the city of Cortona provides the bride with a beautiful bouquet of roses and a bottle of champagne and glasses to toast the newlyweds.

All the wedding suppliers were amazing. As previously mentioned Mario did the flowers and they were exactly like the photo's my daughter sent him.

Nello's shop, Tenvenza Moda Capelli, provided all the makeup and hair services for the bridal party and others and everyone loved their work.

The photographer was Jules. I highly recommend that anyone thinking about a wedding in Italy take a look at the quality of his work. Everyone that sees the pictures of our daughter's wedding says they should be in a wedding magazine. The video services were provided by Kamil. The video captured the day succinctly and the cost of his services is very reasonable.

Massimo at Autonoleggio IL Girasole provided the wedding car and the bus to take our guests to and from the ceremony in Cortona. Massimo also provided coach service for many of our guests from Rome airport to the villa with a stop in Orvieto along the way. Additionally, he supplied two 9 person vans and a car for our stay. Finally, Massimo personally drove my family back to the Rome airport in one of the vans we had rented. I would highly recommend using Massimo for your transport/car services when staying at the villa.

My daughter also booked the string trio provided by Musicians Bay to provide music at the ceremony and during appetizers. The music was lovely.

Appetizers and dinner were provided by Luciano. The appetizers were absolutely beautiful and spectacularly arranged. The dinner menu was: 1st: Mozzarella and tomatoes; 2nd: Prosciutto and cheese crepes with black norcia truffles (excellent); 3rd: Ricotta and spinach ravioli with rocket and parmigiano (also excellent) 4th: Filet of beef with a sauce of brunello di montalcino wine with Spinach sautéed with butter and parmigiano and potatoes (only minor disappointment of the day as beef was a bit overcooked which was surprising as we had dinner in town at their restaurant and there the beef was excellent) 5th: The traditional Italian wedding which is a cake made from layers of light filo pastry, and it has a layer of chocolate cream and a layer of vanilla cream and seasonal fruit (again excellent). My daughter actually removed one course from their recommended menu and everyone was still very full.

The DJ was Alex. He did a spectacular job - dancing was nonstop from the end of dinner to the closing of the reception. I might recommend skipping the fog machine that he provides as it blurs some of the photos, however, it was a huge hit with all the guests!

I also would recommend ignoring Mr. Aviation's comments. Our utility bill for the week, when it was quite cold, was $225 euros or about $10 euros per person.

I certainly hope we can visit Villa San Crispolto again someday. It was a spectacular place and our daughter's wedding day could not have been any more beautiful.

We cannot thank Marco and his team enough for providing such a special day for our family and friends.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank USCtraveller
Reviewed 18 March 2013

It is a bit of a leap of faith to spend thousands of pounds on a wedding when you haven't even visited the venue, but I can assure everyone that Marco and his team deliver even more than they promise on their website, and provided the most spectacular wedding, and week, that our party have ever experienced.
My daughter knew she wanted to marry in Italy, as most of her childhood holidays had been spent there. We had visited Cortona ten years ago, so we knew that the actual ceremony would be glorious, medieval, elegant and sophisticated. San Crispolto was an unknown, and as we approached the villa with lovely Monica, I was worried that it wouldn't live up to expectations, and could it possibly be as picturesque as the website showed? As Monica showed us around, I caught my daughter's eye, and realised that we were both crying with happiness. This was even more spectactualr than we had expected.
Twenty three of us shared the beautifully appointed villa rooms, and our group breakfasts catered for by Renata were the start to each perfect day. She also came to the villa to cook a barbecue and evening meal, assisted by her lovely mum and brilliant staff.
In only six months Marco had arranged an exquisite wedding. Each of his suppliers and sub contractors were professional in their expertise and delivered what they promised, from Mario in Cortona Piazza, who created our flowers (even giving us extra roses for the bridesmaid's hair...), to Stefano, our imaginative and discreet photographer, Simone, who made the most beautiful DVD of the entire day, Massimo who organised coaches and cars and lifts into Cortona, and Giuliano who prepared our delicious wedding reception.
Having sampled Renata's cuisine, I would tell anyone who is worried about their budget, that they would be delighted with a wedding reception catered for by her, and it truly is possible to have this dream wedding and not break the bank!
On the last evening Marco came to say goodbye and to have a drink with us. We were able to thank him for having such efficient, fuss free organisational skills, and giving the entire party a holiday to remember. Adam and Eve were married on September 11th, when the weather in Italy is lovely, neither too hot nor too cold. I paid the heating and air conditioning bill for the whole villa - which only amounted to 25 euros..
At the airport our party sat together and I asked everyone if there were anything we could have changed about the week, or the wedding, or if we could have made it better. Everyone thought for a few seconds, and we all shook our heads and smiled...no, this was totally, totally perfect.
If anyone would like more information about our wonderful wedding, I am more than happy to recommend Marco, and tell you more.

3  Thank Susan P
Reviewed 9 March 2013

My daughter was married there in September, and we have been exceptionally tardy in sending in a review, but Mr Aviation's ridiculous comments made us all seethe with anger. A full report from my daughter will follow, but let me say that on leaving we asked ourselves what we would have changed - and the answer was nothing. It was perfect.
As to his ludicrous accusation of excess charges. We had mixed weather and we occupied all the rooms of the villa. We did not dictate or supervise whether people had heaters/air conditioning on or not, but we were all perfectly comfortable. The bill at the end was 25 Euros. I suggest Mr Aviation checks his facts and has the courage to apologise.
He must be daft to attempt to walk to the village - a car is advised! (There are taxis!). The villa has a wonderful view of the lake - the village is by the lake! Did he walk to Cortona too?
As for Marco's restaurant he forgot to mention that Marco gives you a discount! It is a 'family restaurant' and not 'fine dining' and it is perfect for a large mixed group.
It was a most perfect occasion for us all - and much of that goes to Marco's organisation and effort.

2  Thank Ian P
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Me and my Beautiful wife got married last September in Italy. We stayed at he fantastic Villa San Crispolto.

We had a full week at this wonderful location with our family and close friends (16 adults + 6 children).

From start to finish this whole experience was amazing. Marco and Monica are some of the kindest people I have ever met. Everything we asked for they provided us. The bat phone (Italian mobile) as we called was such a good idea we could ring Marco or his staff at anytime with questions knowing that would be answered straight away.

Location was breath taking; the gardens were looked after by Marco’s Uncle and were stunning. Villa San Crispolto itself had been restored to its original beauty with old furniture and fittings. The swimming pool was clean and situated in a good spot for the sun which the lady’s of the group loved. The grounds were safe for the children aswell which was a big plus for us.

Kitchen had everything we needed and we enjoyed cooking big family meals together with our friends and eating them outside on the beautiful patio over looking Lake Tresemo.

The wedding itself was organised perfectly, unlike the weather, it rained all day but you can’t help that. Everything we had asked for was done perfectly. The ceremony, photos, videos, make up, hair, disco, car, wine, food (8 course yum yum).

My marriage to the most important person in my life was made even better thanks to Marco’s team. These memories will never never leave us.

We would recommend everything about Romantic Italian weddings By Marco and his Villa San Crispolto.

If anyone has problems with this service they want there head testing !

This is 5 star experience and me and my beautiful wife, friends/family can not wait to come back to visit again.

1  Thank Charlie_Boz78