“AMAZING”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Passignano Sul Trasimeno
Villa San Crispolto
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“AMAZING”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Words cannot begin to describe our amazing wedding week at Villa san
Crispolto.

We got engaged in August 2012 and right from the outset, we knew that we
wanted a non-traditional wedding, something that we would always remember.
We decided on Italy straight away and did lots of research to see what our
options would be as we did not want to feel like we were on a conveyor belt,
like the type of weddings offered by package tour operators. We found your
website on google and made enquiries, receiving all answers very quickly and
professionally from Alexandra and from you via Skype.

Having also read all of the reviews of both properties and Ciao Ciao on
Tripadvisor and other sites, we decided to go for it.

From the minute we booked in September 2012, we have had nothing but swift,
professional and above all helpful email correspondence with you and your
team.

As a project manager for a global company in my professional
life, organisation and logic are key for me, and the 8 steps tool you have
developed, along with your fantastic team, put my mind at rest
immediately....I have never met anyone as organised as me with so many lists
before!! :-)

Now to start on the long list of thank yous:-

Marco, Alexandra, Monica and Christina

Firstly and most importantly you and your team.... Within 20 minutes of
meeting you at Ciao Ciao, and asking where it might be possible to purchase
a buggy to replace our lost one, you had had one delivered and cleaned for
us to use for the whole week!! This is a first class example of the lengths
you will go to to ensure your wedding couples are looked after. You have an
extremely professional business, however the little personal touches you add
are the vital difference which show you truly care about the people who
marry in your villas. Your team, Monica, Alexandra and Christina all follow
your lead and are a real credit to you. Alexandra answers emails quickly and
friendly and it was a pleasure to have her act as our wedding celebrant.
Monica is an absolute delight and made my dreams of our reception venue
become a reality, as well as answering numerous questions/calls from us and
our guests during the week. Christina is very lovely and it was a pleasure
to have her as part of our special day and week and we hope you both find
true happiness. We started the week with a professional admiration for you
all and parted as friends. We are touched that you all stayed for the
cutting of the cake and for a drink and a dance with us and we have attached
some pictures of you all having some well-earned fun below. We truly hope to
stay in touch and would love to see you all again on a future visit to
Italy.

The villa

Never before have we seen pictures online or in a brochure, which have been
bettered by the reality...I was moved to tears when we arrived at the
beautiful villa and our absolutely stunning wedding suite. The pictures on
your website truly do not do it justice. We could not have asked for a more
perfect setting. The temple/amphitheatre you have added for the ceremony
itself is an idyllic and perfect setting.

Ceremony

We chose to have a legally binding ceremony in the grounds of the villa and
couldn't have been happier with our choice... The temple/amphitheatre you
have designed in the gardens is the perfect venue with absolutely stunning
views of the surroundings and Lago Trasimeno. It was relaxed, informal and
beautiful, everything we could have asked for and more!

Moving on to our suppliers...

Simone - photos

Our photos arrived on Saturday, we have almost 1,100 and we are absolutely
delighted with them! Simone was friendly, unobtrusive and blended really
well into the background, achieving some lovely natural shots. As a wedding
party with lots of young children, we did not want a lot of formal group
stage shots, and Simone respected our wishes and still captured all of our
family and friends enjoying the day. He also captured the beautiful
surroundings of our villa magnificently.

Mario - Flowers

Mario took the pictures I sent him of the flowers I'd chosen and made them
look even better in reality! My beautiful orchids were amazing and if found
princess-style flower girl wands for the little ones, which he made
perfectly.

Monia - hair and beauty

Monia is a lovely lady, who although she doesn't speak much English and I
speak little Italian, perfectly captured the look I was looking for on the
day. She put me perfectly at ease and did my hair, makeup, nails and also
some hair and makeup for our guests.

Luciano - caterer

Wow! A traditional 8 course italian wedding meal, a feast fit for a king!
The best food we had in 2 weeks in Italy!

DJ Alex

Alex took our requested songs and built them into his playlist really well.
A lovely man who knew exactly what we were looking for and kept the party
going and the dance floor full from the first dance til the end of the
night! Our guests had a fantastic time!

We will always hold villa san Crispolto in a special place in our hearts and
we couldn't have had such an amazing wedding without the help and support of
you and your team. Love and best wishes to you all and we hope to keep in
touch.

Natalie and David x

Stayed July 2014

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were so impressed with Marco and Monica's dedication to making our day so special. Every detail was thought of and they made the whole process an enjoyable one. From the first inquiry we made, right up to the moment we left the villa, they made us feel like the most important people to them. The villa is a beautiful place to stay and to enjoy the most special day of your life. The grounds are maintained to a very good standard and the villa had everything we needed. Marco clearly cares so much about the people who stay with him and he literally held our hands all the way through. We would highly recommend listening to all of Marco advice and following his words of wisdom as he has done this so many times he really knows what he is doing and how to make your dreams come true. We can not say thank you enough to Marco and his team, for making our special day even better than we ever could have imagined.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I don't even know where to begin. I must say this was the very best experience and surprisingly non stressful wedding imagined. It began with the countless emails I sent to Marco and his team for over the past two years. His and his staff's timely response showed his great work ethic in the very beginning. I sent hundreds of emails and I ALWAYS was answered by the next day unless it was Friday. I would understandably get my response the following Monday. They made the entire process so easy by their 8-step program. No detail was forgotten because of how organized and simplified this budget tool was. I knew exactly what we were spending at any given time.

When I arrived in Italy I was overwhelmed by the beauty but nothing prepared me for the beauty of the villa. I felt like a princess staying in my bridal suite and my guests gasped as the bus pulled up to the villa, and they were over joyed by their living quarters for the week. We had wonderful cooking accommodations and the guests centered around the kitchen as we enjoyed shared meals.

Our first day we decided to be adventurous and walked to the town. We became lost, but Marco came and found us and sent a staff member to bring us to his restaurant where we enjoyed delicious and authentic food from from this region. He then instructed his staff member to take us back to the villa. If ever hungry he will provide transportation to and from the villa to his restaurant which we found extremely convenient.

As the week progressed, we met several times with Monica his beautiful assistant, who with Marco planned each and every detail. They made sure all my wishes were carried out and they helped solve any problems (although there weren't really any problems other than me not creating our wedding program which they solved).

The villa is conveniently located, but I suggest you rent a car (a couple of cars if you have a big group, because they are typically very small cars in Italy). The train is very close by and by taking a short trip you can travel and see all of Italy while on your trip. Although my group was extremely athletic they spent several hours going to and from town on foot for groceries until we rented a car. It would be easier if you had a car. I will say some funny and great memories were made on our daily trips to town and I wouldn't change it for anything!

We had our wedding day on Thursday, so our rehearsal was on Wednesday. We spent the morning in Cortona and it was beautiful. The excitement was in the air and everyone was thrilled with this town in Tuscany. I met with my florist Mario Berti. I highly recommend. He knew exactly what I wanted and prepared my centerpieces and bouquets as I dreamed. The local priest was excellent! Marco fulfilled my husband's desire to have our ceremony both Italian and English. My husband is Italian and it was important to have this in our wedding as part of his culture and many of our guests did not speak English. The priest agreed and was so sweet and more than obliging to fulfill this request. Later that day we had our rehearsal dinner which was prepared by caterer Renata. It was delicious and so very special!

The wedding day was so beautiful. Milo was our hairdresser and his personality and drive for perfection was more than expected. I love him. He spent several hours with us on our hair trial that he told us "we were the longest trial he ever had and he would never forget us"... I'm not sure if that was a good thing, lol. We spent so much time with him that we were worried about our taxi. He took the time to call our taxi and make sure that he would not leave us or charge us more than planned. He waited for over 3 hours!!! He didn't and I was touched that Milo would go out of his way to ensure we were not left behind and that we safely would get home. He did not disappoint on our wedding day! He had more than 7 people to do and each and everyone of us loved our hair/makeup (He brought an incredible makeup artist) which I regret not using. She was more than good and my girls loved their looks!
We were late for our wedding and instead of getting angry Marco calmly told us so and never allowed us to get in a fluster. I was so happy for him trying to keep us calm and keeping the situation under control. We we arrived to the Church it was more than amazing. The bells rang, music was on point and everyone was gorgeous. It was a whirlwind.

My vendors:

Music-Opera Singer and string: EXCELLENT! So beautiful and played everything I requested

Flowers-Mario Berti: EXCELLENT! Used all my flowers that I requested and created the look I dreamed of!

Hair-Milo: EXCELLENT! Spent hours trying to get my hair right and my bridesmaids. He went above and beyond to make us happy.

Caterer-Renata: EXCELLENT! Made us breakfast the day of wedding, rehearsal dinner, and reception dinner. Delicious!!! Guests are still talking about her pasta dish and cake!

Videographer-Elle and Be Blaye: EXCELLENT! Flew from Canada and is the best money can buy. He shot an MTV video! You know you are getting the best! Just watch some of his videos and you will fall in love. He is why I chose the villa in the first place because of his videos!

Photographer-Detitophotography: EXCELLENT! Family friends used him for a destination wedding in Italy before and they have flown him to the States to do work. You can imagine he is the very best and not near as expensive as some, and his work surpasses most. Im more than thrilled with my photography so far.

Transportation- Matteo: EXCELLENT! He provided transport to and from Rome, to the rehearsal and back, on the wedding day. We used him to move our group by bus for each occasion. He was excellent. We received excellent drivers, that was always on time, and a very clean and luxurious bus.

DJ- Alexander: EXCELLENT! He had everyone dancing and he knew exactly what music to play and when to keep everyone happy.

Paperwork-Elana: Made sure all our paperwork was filed correctly and done exactly right. We spent part of a morning with her in Florence. We spent the morning at the Embassy and different places but it was streamlined and effortless. The remainder of the day we enjoyed with our guests touring Florence. She is awesome!

I hope I didn't forget anyone, but if I did I apologize. I had a dream wedding and was happy with everyone that participated to make it a dream.

Thank you so much to Marco and his team. In just a week you managed to make us feel like we were family. I am genuinely so grateful as I dreamed of this day since I have been a little girl. I didn't think you could surpass my dreams but you did! I felt like a princess and Carlo was over joyed with the outcome. Its weird to feel so much affection for people that were doing a service but you and Monica went beyond like family. We miss you all and hope to stay in contact. My heart will forever be in that region of Italy. I hope to visit next year. Thank you, thank you, thank you, I can not say that enough!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jaclyn C
Exmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We can't quite believe that we have only just got around to writing a review of our wedding week at Villa San Crispoloto!

After we got engaged, we started looking around for wedding venues for a special location, being a hotel manager I didn't want just another wedding filled with lots of relatives that I'd never met. I wanted it to be intimate and different. We had previously thought that we might like to get married abroad so ventured onto the high street and had a look at what the travel agents had to offer. Not much is the answer. We felt that the packages on offer were quite processed and we wanted more input on our special day.

We fell in love with Italy when we visited a few years ago and, on a whim, started to trawl the internet. Well, it didn't take long. I found the website for Romantic Italian Weddings and we immediately liked the atmosphere it presented and the properties. We had our doubts though! My now wife suggested that when we got there, it might just be a shed! We headed straight over to Trip Advisor to see if it was for real, and we were pleasantly surprised by the reviews it had received. Having bombarded the office with questions and having spoken to my 88 year old grandparents to make sure they would be happy to travel and the rest of the family, we paid the deposit only 10 days after finding it. We were sure that if it could be just half as good as the reviews we would have a day to remember.

Months of fairly easy planning went past. Marco has a very easy step by step format that allows you to make your own choices with the reassurance that these services were all vouched for. As the day grew nearer, we had so much to take with us that we decided to drive and so did 20 of our 31 guests. It took us 3 days to drive down comfortably stopping in Dijon, Milan and Cortona (where we were getting married) although some of our guests did a non- stop 24 hour car trip!

We sat on the steps of Cortona town hall with an ice cream, not quite believing that we were going to be married in such a lovely historic place in just a few days time. After a few tears and a lot of excitement it started to feel real.

We headed for Passignano Sul Trasimeno the following day. We were a little early, so met our first guests in the town and had a bite to eat. The town was larger than we had anticipated and had lovely scenery. We were also lucky to arrive at the same time as the town festival which was a huge procession of historically dressed people, followed by a boat and relay race. It was an amazing spectacle, greatly entertaining and the passionate chanting of the teams after the race in each bar was a joy to watch.

When we arrived at the Villa we were met by Monica. What a fantastic lady! She welcomed us, showed us around and answered all the questions had. The villa was spectacular, I'm sure that I am not the only one to say that the pictures do not do it justice. The building looked beautiful surrounded by gorgeous, red geraniums. The garden was very well kept and the gazebo area was much nicer than we had imagined. This led out to a wonderful olive grove and the swimming pool (the most used part of the villa). The kitchen table was laid out with goodies for our guests and all the rooms were immaculate. Of course, we cannot neglect to mention that the scenery was breathtaking!

We put all the goodie bags we had made up back in Blighty in each persons room and went for our meeting with Marco, who went through all the finer details of our wedding day. Marco was very friendly, organised and reassuring. It was great to finally put a name to a face! He was a rock!When we finally had the wedding suite to ourselves we jumped around it, excited and relieved that we were finally there and that it was all real.

We spent the rest of the day greeting our guests as they arrived, showing them the villa and sharing our wonderment. We had pre arranged with Marco to have his restaurant deliver 30 pizzas later that evening which we washed down with cocktails, we later ventured to the pool and spent a good few hours playing water polo (your own balls and nets are required) before turning in for the night on what had already been a very memorable day with our family and friends.

Over the next couple of days we relaxed by the pool, had our wedding rehearsal and Lizi visited Tendenza hair studio who had opened especially for her. She was treated like every bride would want to be and after a couple of attempts, found the most beautiful hair style. Tendenza had even provided a translator which really helped! It was very scary for her to put her trust in an unknown hairdresser as, even in England, there are good ones and bad! We could not recommend them more highly!

On the night before the wedding we had a wine tasting evening hosted by Andrea who was very knowledgeable and a good laugh. Our guests raved about him later. Most of our guests bought wine from him including us, he delivered all the bottles a few days later and everyone was happy and hopefully remembered some of the things we learnt!

The big day! Everything went perfectly, no word of a lie! The florists Mario and Federico delivered the most beautiful flowers, exactly what we had wanted. The marquee was set up (extra decorations added by ourselves). A coach provided by Matteo from Holiday Planners was prompt and soon had all the guests on board and ready to go. My wife was taken to the town hall in a beautiful, white Range Rover Evoque. Once at the town hall, everything ran smoothly thanks to our rehearsal.The town hall was beautiful and atmospheric. It was actually really nice that the guests are seated in front of you, so actually get to see you get married. The sentiments of the ceremony were lovely and talked about building a family and the balance of love and work which was translated for us by Marco. Having sat through over 400 wedding ceremonies in the UK, none of them had half the heart or wisdom of this. After the Ceremony we headed onto the balcony to have pictures that we had taken by Jules and to be greeted by the traditional Italian Quartet that Marco had organised for the day. After being serenaded we headed for an ice cream parlour that again we had organised with Marco, this was a great surprise for our guests and a welcome small break in the heat. Our guests took the coach back to the Villa whilst we had photos taken in and around the beautiful streets of Cortona.

On arriving back at the villa all of our friends and family were around the pool with drinks and canapés. We all dipped our feet in the pool and enjoyed the sunshine before having a few formal photographs and sitting down to dinner (which was delicious). We had our first dish (of six) provided by Giulianao and just when we thought it was time to relax the Italian quartet appeared and had us downing our wine and dancing around the room with one another before leaving us to enjoy our next course, after every course they came and entertained our guests. The Italian Quartet were a last minute thought on our part. We really weren't sure if they would be worth the very last part of our wedding budget. If you have the same doubt, don't! They were hilarious and kept everyone going in the afternoon heat. People still talk about them now and we continue to sing some of the songs! During the main course my now wife and I went for photographs with Jules, he had told us before hand that the best time for the light was at dusk so off we went in his car and found some lovely spots for photos before heading back to enjoy dinner with our guests. Jules was very friendly and professional. He certainly knew what areas would be best for photos and when. We have the most amazing photos to prove it! After the final course the quartet appeared again and had us in a conga line outside to finish where we cut our wedding cake and my wife threw her bouquet, we then had our first dance and the disco got into full swing playing an array of classics and whatever we demanded from the Spice Girls to Whitesnake, when the music ended, we all headed up to the pool and dived in, it was the perfect end to a beautiful day.

With a few sore heads the next day we just lazed around by the pool until early evening when we had a BBQ organised by Marco, The rest of the week flew by as we went on a boat trip to the Islands, took a day trip to Florence and enjoyed the Villa. We waved goodbye to our guests on the morning of departure, some flying straight home, some heading off on an extended holiday, one couple took an extra month on top! We loaded up the car and then headed to the pool for one last dip, Jules arrived with a disc with our amazing photos and and we headed off on our honeymoon around Europe, pleased that we had delivered an unforgettable wedding week for our guests.
All who came have only good things to say about it all, what a week, what a wedding.

If anyone is reading this we know how valuable these reviews can be to you, assuring you have made the right decision to get married with Romantic Italian Weddings. You are in safe hands with Marco. It may seem unbelievable that we had such a perfect wedding but we really did. We had to really, really think of any negatives. The only few things we thought of were so small and pathetic that it was really won't worth writing them down!

If you want the most perfect, relaxed and enjoyable wedding. You know where to go!

Ross and Lizi Hamilton 27.07.14- 03.08.14

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lizi and Ross H
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We cannot express how grateful we are to Alexandra, Monica, Marco and his wonderful team who made our wedding day possible. From beginning to end, our day was absolutely spectacular and that is a testament to the amount of effort, planning and consideration that was put in to the organisation of our wedding day.

We didn’t know where to start when we began planning our wedding in Tuscany and so we sent a few emails to a few companies and just hoped that someone would be able to offer us some help and advice. When we contacted Romantic Italian Weddings we knew that we had found the perfect wedding organiser for us. Even during our initial enquiries, Romantic Italian Weddings were by far the most helpful company we contacted, they were happy to answer our questions and really reassured us that they would help us create a wedding that was unique to us. Choosing Romantic Italian Weddings was a very easy decision for us and one that we never regretted.

Marco and Alexandra were amazing in the run up to our wedding, they answered every single question we had and really put our minds at ease every time we had a slight worry –if we realised we had forgotten something, they had already sorted it! The 8 step guide also helps to ensure that nothing is left to chance and gives you an opportunity to really focus on the fine details of each and every part of your special day.

I’m not going to lie, when we put our first deposit down we were slightly worried as we had not visited the villa previously. We were anxious that the pictures on the website could be deceiving (as with many holiday destination advertisements) so we decided to book a short break to Tuscany to go and check it out before the wedding. Although this put our minds at rest, there really was no need because in real life, the villa is even more spectacular than any photograph can portray. The views when you get to the villa make you feel like you are on a movie set! At the top of a hill overlooking the lake, you could not ask for a more perfect setting, not only for a wedding but also for a relaxing holiday with your friends and family. The villa itself is equally as amazing . . .the farmhouse kitchen, the gorgeous bedrooms, the beautiful furniture, the breathtaking views from every window. . . . even the laundry room is nice!

Monica showed us around the villa which was an absolute joy, we felt so confident when we met her as she knew everything about the villa, answered all our questions and was so enthusiastic and happy that we came away feeling uplifted. She is so so lovely and so friendly . . . it made us glad that we had chosen Romantic Italian Weddings as I’m sure that we wouldn’t have got this reception anywhere else – she is a one off. After seeing the villa, we also decided to pay Marco a visit at his lakeside restaurant and bar/club, just to say hello . . . when we introduced ourselves he couldn’t have been more welcoming. He gave us a lovely bruchetta and some fizz on the house and made us feel very special indeed!

We then came home to plan our wedding for the next September feeling nothing but excitement – we knew that we had made a great choice as you really can’t go wrong with Romantic Italian Weddings. Each and every step of the 8 step guide made planning our wedding day so simple. People thought that we were mad when we said that we were getting married abroad but if they knew how easy Marco and Alexandra made for us, they would do it in a heartbeat too.

Our guests were completely blown away by our wedding destination – they loved the villa, its surroundings and its proximity to beautiful Tuscan towns and cities that they had always wanted to visit. Some went on trips to Florence and Sienna, some went on boat trips to the island in the middle of the lake, some stayed by the pool all day. . . Villa San Crispolto caters for all tastes so everyone was happy and this meant that we could just relax and concentrate on the wedding day.

We chose to get married in Cortona Cathedral and so Marco organised a rehearsal day for us. I had no idea what this day would entail but when the rehearsal was over I was left wondering how anyone could possibly get married without Marco to help!! His attention to detail is clearly a result of his wealth of experience, the steps he takes in the lead up to the wedding day ensures that everything runs like clockwork on the day, everyone was so impressed!

I know that everybody says this but, our wedding day was the best day of our lives. From start to finish it was flawless – it was our dream wedding. I still get goosebumps when I think about how the doors of the cathedral opened in front of me to the pitch perfect string quartet playing our favourite song (I found the sheet music and they learnt 4 songs for us and played them all beautifully).

The food was amazing, people are always telling me that ours was the best wedding meal they have ever had and as for the wedding cake, we couldn’t believe our eyes when we came into the garden to cut our cake and were presented with a beautifully arranged table with a magnificent cake surrounded by candelabras and rose petals . . . the pictures are so lovely.

The DJ was fabulous, the hire car company were professional and friendly, the string quartet was out of this world - they even played a One Direction song for us!

Monica and Marco were there with us all day and gave everything their full attention. They had everything under control which meant that we could just relax and enjoy the day. We honestly couldn’t have asked for more and we were absolutely blown away by our own wedding day – when we look at the pictures we still cannot believe that THAT was our wedding!!

So, thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for everything that you did for us, you have given us the most beautiful memories and we will remember your patience and generosity forever.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

This review has taken a while to be written, but that is purely because we didn't know where to start. We got married on August 14th 2013 at Cortona Town Hall and then had our wedding reception at Villa San Crispolto (where 23 of our guests were staying for the week).
We started looking at wedding venues in July 2012 and just couldn't find anything that suited us as a couple. We didn't want the 'traditional' wedding, where you pay a set amount, and you have to have the venues food, drink etc. We wanted to choose our own food, take our own wine (and not have a corkage fee), and generally put our own touch on our special day.
We had considered getting married abroad, however until finding Villa San Crispolto (VSC) we hadn't found a venue/ location that suited us and was in our budget.
We instantly fell in love with the venue when we saw it online, but were extremely apprehensive about booking a wedding venue that we had only seen on the internet. We then skyped Marco, to find out more about the villa and wedding, as we had read about the 8 step tool on the Romantic italian weddings website and wanted to know more. As lovely as Marco seemed although a little abrupt, we were still apprehensive about spending so much money on a wedding venue that we had never seen. But please believe us when we say that the 'risk' that we took of booking Villa San Crispolto and Cortona Town Hall, more than paid off.......we definitely had the wedding of our dreams!!
We are at an age where many of our friends are also marrying, or are already married. Some of them who had already married, came to Trasimeno for our wedding and actually commented on how they had wished they did it the way that we did.

We wanted to include all of the details of our wedding plans in this review, to help any future couples make a decision about their big day.

Most of our 50 guests flew from Leeds airport to Pisa with Jet2, but around 10 flew from the South with Ryanair into Perugia which is a 30mins journey to Lake Trasimeno (where Villa san Crispolto is)

Before we arrived in Italy there was some paperwork to be done in order to ensure that our wedding day at Cortona Town Hall was legally binding. Elena (another contact if Marcos) guided us through the legal requirements by email. She was extremely precise and clear about what paperwork was required, which did take a lot of the stress away from the process. Our advice would be to request your certificate of no impediment as soon as you possibly can (I think this is 3 months before you plan to marry in Italy), because ours came relatively quick however our Solicitor made an error on the paperwork which slowed it down and then the office at Milton Keynes held our paperwork for a month. This meant that our legal paperwork only arrived in Italy on the deadline day. Elena was extremely reassuring, but the hold up with the British office and our Solicitor meant that it was a little too close for comfort!

When our guests arrived at Pisa, we had organised for a coach to take our guests to Hotel Kursaal (where half were staying) and then to Villa San Crispolto. The coach we organised through Holiday Planners (one of Marcos recommended suppliers). Matteo the owned of Holiday Planners, was a lot cheaper than the other companies, and we were very happy with the service. Matteo also transported our guests to and from Cortona on the wedding day, and he also ran a taxi service which we used on numerous occasions throughout our week at VSC.

Myself and my husband wanted a hire car for our stay, so that it would be easy for us to nip down to Hotel Kursaal where half of our guests were staying. It was definitely handy to have a hire car, especially as the villa was self catering. We booked the hire car online with rentalcars.com and payed for it upfront, as the hire car companies in Trasimeno couldn't offer what we were asking for. We arranged to collect the car from the airport. We had the shock of our lives, when we got to the rental desk to be asked for a further £2000 deposit by credit card, before we could take the vehicle. We later found out that this is the norm for most rental car companies in Italy - so be prepared!

When we arrived at the Villa, Monica (Marcos assistant) was waiting to greet our guests. Marco came to meet with us the day after we arrived, to go through all of the final wedding plans.

The smell of lavender as you approached the villa was breathtaking enough, but nothing could prepare us for what was inside. Myself and my husband had the honeymoon suite, and it was out of this world. If you want to feel like royalty on your wedding day / week, we would highly recommend booking the suite. It was also a nice place to escape from everyone, if we needed to.

We also booked the apartments, next to the villa. We couldn't work out how far these were from the main villa, but be assured they are just below the veranda area infront of the villa, around a 10 second walk from the villa entrance- We wouldn't recommend these for anyone with walking difficulties, but they were lovely and ideal for guests with children, as they had sofa beds.

The kitchen facilities were fantastic, there was everything that we required for the week. All of our guests were more than happy with their accomodation at the villa, it really is rustic italian style! We were slightly concerned about the individual rooms, as our guests payed for them themselves. But everyone seemed more than happy with the villa accomodation, and keep on saying how they would love to return one day! The pool also has beautiful views and is a lovely place to relax.

As we had arrived at the villa around 8pm in the evening, we didn't see the views. So when we woke up and looked outside in the morning, we were literally stunned for words. The view from the villa was breathtaking- a view that you will truely never get bored of. Our guests still talk about that view now and it will forever stay in our memories!

Marco, the wedding planner/ Villa owner doesn't just plan your wedding, he lives it for the entire week that you are there. He is available by phone/ email at anytime on the lead up, and on the actual wedding week he gives you a mobile phone, so that you can contact him/ taxi's/ Monica or any of the other wedding suppliers whenever you need to. Marco goes way beyond what any wedding planner in the UK would ever do. He genuinely wants your wedding to be perfect, and for that we can't thank him enough! He was extremely organised and very precise in his direction with each of his suppliers.

Marco also runs a restaurant called 'Ciao Ciao' in Tuoro on Lake Trasimeno, and he also runs the restaurant that overlooks Cortona Town Hall, which a few of our guests returned to a couple of days after our wedding.
Ciao Ciao will also deliver Pizzas to VSC, and/or send a taxi service free of charge to take any guests staying at VSC to the restaurant.

Marco and Monica came to meet with us on the Sunday to go through all of the final details of the wedding, he contacted each supplier to confirm the details by phone whilst he was there which was very reassuring. He also arranged for us to meet the Videographer and DJ Alex (who again were recommended by Marco) the following day. With the 8 step tool, we already had a clear idea of what we expected, but meeting with them just confirmed to us that everything was in place so that we could just relax and enjoy our day / week.

Marco was the translator on our wedding day, which was lovely as it seemed like such a personal touch as he had been so involved in our wedding loans. Monica was a beautiful person, and she coordinated our wedding day perfectly. She directed our suppliers on the day, and welcomed us when we arrived at the villa. Monica ensured that we worried about nothing on the wedding day.

DJ Alex was a nice guy, we gave him a list if songs that we wanted playing at the wedding breakfast and then our first dance song and also all of the songs that we wanted playing throughout the night. He was great, but unfortunately had to turn the music off at 1pm- we could've gone on all night!

Kamil was the videographer, he was such a lovely guy and was a jack of all trades. He came earlier in the week to sort out our broadband connection within the Villa. He wasn't a professional Videographer, he did it alongside working at Marcos 'Ciao ciao' restaurant. Kamil worked with the Photographer on the wedding day. He spoke very good English. Although Kamil isn't a professional, he did get some good footage of the wedding day and he stayed right from us starting to get ready until 30mins after the first dance. He visited both my husband (who was getting ready at Hotel Kursaal), then came up to the villa to capture myself and my bridesmaids getting ready. Unfortunately, we weren't very happy with the final wedding video that Kamil composed, as it was only 6 mins long and it seemed to miss key parts of the wedding day. So we emailed him to ask for the raw footage, which he was more than happy to send, from this we found that he had brilliant footage of our wedding day, we just can't understand why he didn't include it! He isn't very expensive, so we couldn't complain and are very happy with the footage we got, however we have spent sometime to compose our own video from the footage he got. We would definitely recommend getting a Kamil for the price though, as it's so lovely to watch your special day back.

We also booked to have a chef cook a BBQ on one of the evenings before the wedding day. This was lovely, however it could of been done cheaper by getting the produce from a local supermarket and cooking it yourselves. The same chef cooked breakfast for all of the guests at VSC the morning after the wedding. This was a lovely touch, as nobody needed to worry about tidying up, the morning after the night before.

The day before the wedding we had the wedding rehearsal at the town hall. We were told by Marco that we could only take 10 people to the rehearsal. When we arrived at the Town hall, we were blown away - it was absolutely everything we had dreamt of and more. We were taken through the order of the service, which was extremely emotional in itself! But did prepare us for the big day! We also met with the registry office to finalise some paperwork, which Marco took us to do whilst our guests wandered the streets of Cortona.
After the rehearsal we went to meet with Federico who was our florist (another of Marcos suppliers), who's shop was on the same square as the Cortona town hall. Federico spoke little English and his son did the majority of emails, however this isn't something to worry about as he perfected our wedding flowers and centre pieces. He had our wedding flowers out ready to show us when we arrived- which was a lovely surprise (one amongst many that Marco had up his sleeve). We then went to the local ice cream store to order 50 ice creams, so that our guests could enjoy them straight after the ceremony.

The evening before the wedding day, men and women all ate separately (a hen and stag do). The men ate at Hotel Kursaal, where half of the guests were staying. This hotel cannot be recommended highly enough, the staff are very friendly and although the guests weren't staying at villa san crispolto they were more than happy with their accomodation. To the point that 10 of our guests are returning to this hotel this summer. The food was lovely, and the wine was to die for! The hotel was just on the lake and had a lovely italian feel.

The ladies went to Trattoria del Pescatore in Lake Trasimeno, this was upon a recommendation of a colleague who coincidentally has a house in lake trasimeno. The recommendation was spot on, as the meal was yummy, and they also gave me 2 complimentary bottles of wine as a congratulations. The food was so tasty that some of the guests returned on their final night in Trasimeno.

Lake trasimeno has plenty of restaurants, a bank (with a cash point) and a few shops including a small supermarket. Which catered for everything that we required during the week. The lake is beautiful and a few of our guests went on outings such as a bike ride around the lake/ a boat ride to the island in the middle if the lake. These are both things that myself and my husband are hoping to return to Trasimeno to do, as it really is a hidden gem in Umbria and a beautiful unspoilt holiday destination

On the wedding day, the ladies started to get ready at the Villa in the bridal suite. Nello, the hairdresser arrived to do all of the wedding parties hair followed shortly by Domenico Costabile the photographer.

Nello from tendenza, didn't speak much English. However, understood exactly how I wanted both the bridesmaids and my own hair. I had emailed him pictures before arriving in Italy. I was so happy with my hair, he did a far better job than my own hairdresser would ever do. He also arrived with a bottle of Prosecco, which added to the excitement if getting ready.

Domenico the photographer was very quiet, he tended to let Kamil do the guidance and he just took natural photographs. We really did want natural photographs of the day and didn't want to spend hours posing, however there were a couple of photographs which we would've liked (eg, family pictures and a photograph if all the groomsmen) which we didn't get. If this is something that you really do want, then I would recommend that email Domenico before the day, as he doesn't come to see you before the wedding day- so there is no opportunity to discuss this with him. We paid for the package with 50 photographs in an album then 400 on disc. We really wish that we just paid for the disc with photos on now, as you aren't given the opportunity to chose the pictures that you would like. Domenico just chose the 50 that he liked. He also took ages to send us our wedding album, which was very frustrating considering we were expecting them 2 months before. The quality of photographs were beautiful, however we aren't convinced that they were worth the moneys that we paid, as Domenico wouldn't even stay for our speeches or first dance.

We had a wedding car that picked myself and my mum and dad up on the wedding day, to take us to Cortona. We hired the car through drive in style. The car was an Alvis TA, and was a beautiful convertible. I hadn't considered my hair on the wedding day in a convertible or also the fact that the lavish was an old car, so didn't have air conditioning! The car was beautiful and myself and my husband felt very special leaving cortona in it! However, the guests didn't actually get to see the car as they were in the Town hall when it arrived and they were up at the pool at VSC when we landed back at the villa. So if there was one way that we would save money, it would probably be to get a cheaper car. Our brother in law drove the bridesmaids to cortona in convoy with the wedding car, he had to get a permit to enter the cortona town square on the wedding day, but this didn't seem a problem and Marco directed him where to go.

When me and my husband arrived back at Villa San crispolto, we walked upto the poolside where our guests were drinking Prosecco and eating canapés. The string trio were playing music, which they had also done in our wedding ceremony in the town hall. We gave the string trio 3 songs which we wanted playing at the wedding ceremony, and they absolutely perfected them and added to the utter romance of the day. This was a beautiful touch and was definitely a stand out highlight of our day, they were fantastic.

The food at the wedding breakfast was yummy, all of our guests commented on it. We are still trying to find a recipe for Perugia pork to this day! The waiters were a little italian treat for our single ladies aswell! We decided to provide our own alcohol, as our relatives were driving down from France and had a van where they could bring alcohol which we knew would be good. We also purchase pd 100 bottles of red wine from Marco, which was nice enough red wine however we have had nicer (although we don't claim to know what we're talking about with wine). For desert we chose to have Mille Foglie (the italian wedding cake). This cake was like a vanilla slice, and was the tastiest cake we have ever had! We were concerned about not having a traditional English wedding cake, however we definitely were not disappointed!

Financially, you can spend as little or as much as you like on your wedding day after paying for Villa San Crispolto. We went at the height if summer, which meant we paid a premium for the villa, but the weather was perfect and not too hot (which was a concern). The 8 step tool is a great way of keeping track of what you're spending, and have all of your wedding plans on one web page. What it doesn't do is take into account exchange rates etc! Although Marco also has a recommended contact for good exchange rates aswell (he has a contact for everything you could wish for). We also found that until you have got to the end of the 8 step tool, which can be 6 months into your wedding planning, and you have added in the cost of the wedding car, hairdresser, photographer etc (as they aren't included in the 8 step tool calculator), you don't really know your exact spend.

We cannot thank Marco and his team highly enough for the wedding of our dreams, and would recommend Villa San Crispolto over any other wedding venue. It truely is perfect!

We hope that our honest review helps you to plan your perfect, dream like wedding at Villa san crispolto

A wonderful place, a beautiful venue and a stunning view.....what more could you ask for

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
12 Thank SamRatclif
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We recently had the pleasure of having our dream Italian wedding at Villa San Crispolto. For anyone considering getting married in Italy, or staying at an amazing villa we highly recommend doing so at Villa San Crispolto.

The villa is situated on the top of a hill just outside the town of Passignano, with a truly breathtaking view of Lake Trasimeno and surrounding vineyards and countryside. Even after seeing the photos on the website we were not prepared for the beauty of this location. The grounds are immaculate and lined with cypress trees and lavender, with beautiful gardens and planters making for an amazing backdrop for photos.

This was truly the most amazing place we have ever stayed, and our guests felt the same way, as many of them felt at home lounging by the beautiful pool, or taking a quick trip out to the nearby towns. It is clear that the owner, Marco, has put a lot of time and energy into making this place perfect, right down to the uniquely furnished and immaculate rooms.

The wedding suite which we stayed in for the week, was incredible; amazing views, expertly furnished with an incredible bathroom which was like a mini getaway in itself with a view of Lake Trasimeno and Tuscan hills from the tub. The large dressing room and all the space on the lower level made it the perfect setting for a bride and her bridal party to get ready on the wedding day.

We were blown away by how easy Marco and his incredible staff made the entire process, every detail has been thought out and we found it very helpful and reassuring knowing that our wedding was being planned and executed by true professionals. Even though we are sure that they have planned hundreds of weddings, they were as excited and attentive as if it was their own wedding.

When we first arrived at the villa, we were greeted by Marco’s assistant, Monica, who welcomed us to the property and took us on a tour of the villa. She was so friendly and explained everything we needed to know to make our stay enjoyable. When the tour was completed, there were sandwiches and other refreshments waiting for us and our guests. We thought this was very considerate, seeing as how we were hungry and hadn’t had time to visit the grocery store yet. Marco arrived soon afterwards to discuss the details of the wedding. We found him incredibly organized which instantly put us at ease knowing that our wedding was in extremely capable hands. He really made us feel confident that everything was going to work out just how we imagined.

From beginning to end, this really was the wedding of our dreams. If we could do it all over again, we wouldn’t change a thing! We cannot speak highly enough about Marco, his staff, and Villa San Crispolto.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
#5 of 10 in Passignano Sul Trasimeno
Villa di Piazzano
Villa di Piazzano
#2 of 24 in Cortona

Been to Villa San Crispolto? Share your experiences!