“Excellent”
Review of La Bergerie

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Les Carroz-d'Araches
La Bergerie
Reviewed 25 February 2011

We had a lovely stay over the New Year. Claude you were so helpful we hadn't booked places to eat, and straight away you booked for us, and each time we had a fantastic meal.
The B & B was lovely home from home, nothing was too much trouble.
Breakfast was very relaxed. Thank you for your hospitality, very much appreciated.
Paul, Jan & Leah
Phil, Kate and George

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 February 2011

I stayed here for a week last winter (so am rather late submitting this...). A friend of mine was in the village for the whole season, taking a career break. No room at her place so I booked in here. Really well converted farmhouse. My room on the ground floor was very large and the finish/features excellent. Way better than any hotel room I could normally afford in the alps. Claude is a great host and I was made very welcome, including joining him and his family and friends for aperitifs. He also kindly gave me some of his professional photographs of the resort. Definitely coming back.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 December 2010

Went to La Bergerie last april but without snow at all, had to go to switzerland to ski. But this winter strated so well in France that I called Claude to see if a room was available for few days over the weekend. And what can I say... La Bergerie under snow .... WOW !!! Trust me Claude even have an outside spa, that is the best idea he had ever :)

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 April 2010

I've been there with a friend of mine for a week. That was the best week fom a long time !
Weather was simply perfect and we did enjoy the "neige de printemps" as Claude said. Once all the ski lifts in Les Carroz were closed, Claude tell us to go to Verbier in Switzerland for a last day at then really end of April. We even ask him if we can do a bbq, and he managed to get one and to cook for us, we played table tennis with him and his daughter (I couldn't manage to win but whatever... :) )
I was a bit worried because everybody on trip came in winter season and that was the end of it but it was fantastic. I'm now planing to come back in summer with some friends !

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2010

We can't stress enough how fantastic La Bergerie is. Tucked away in the beautiful village of Les Carroz, it was the perfect base for our ski holiday - the best place/area we've been to by a long way.

The property is stunning, lovingly restored to a beautiful standard by Claude; the idyllic alpine farmhouse you imagine. With an roaring log fire, exposed stone and beams, and beautifully decorated rooms, La Bergerie really does feel like 'home' rather than just a 'room' in a hotel.

Claude and his family made us feel so welcome and their hospitality was second to none. Staying at La Bergerie really made our holiday and we would definitely love to go back.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2010

My wife and I stayed in La Bergerie, a wonderful old farmhouse lovingly converted to a modern B & B, for 3 nights and it was magnificent. The hotelier, Claude, did all the rehab work himself, including rebuilding the impressive fireplace and the beautifully detailed woodwork. The B & B boasts spacious yet cosy guest rooms, each with private bath and flat screen TV, and wifi access. There's a nice communal dining/living-room area where Claude serves après-ski drinks and snacks, as well as big breakfasts. We stayed in the room Les Aigles (the Eagles), which has a balcony and southern exposure. You can see pictures of the whole place inside and out on the website, which, by the way, is fantastically designed and one of the best of its kind I've seen. (http://www.labergerie-lescarroz.com/index.php)
The ski lifts are 5-minute shuttle bus ride away (free and frequent), and the charming Carroz d'Araches village center is 5 minutes' walk from the place, with several good restaurants and shops.
The ever-helpful Claude knows the area intimately and made excellent suggestions regarding where to rent top-quality ski equipment and where to ski. With easy access to the entire Grand Massif comprised of 5 ski resorts: Sixt, Samoens, Morillon, Les Carroz, and Flaine, there's a lot of territory to explore. Claude skied with my wife and I for two days and you simply can't beat having a local who's an expert skier as your guide. He's also an accomplished professional photographer and took some great pictures of us.
I strongly recommend La Bergerie to anyone who seeks the warmth of a true ski lodge in the heart of Haute-Savoie ski country.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2010

We only stayed for 3 nights, but that was enough to decide to come back here next year for a longer period. The house is so perfectly styled as you would expect in such a romantic little village like Les Carroz during the wintertime. Our host Claude was the best. So friendly and kind, helped us with everything (renting skis, making restaurant reservations and much more) and he made us feel right at home. The breakfast was perfect.
Les Carroz is nice and small with very cosy restaurants and lots of ski shops. The location is perfect, our ski bus stopped right in front of La Bergerie and within 10 min. you're on top of the mountain. I just got back and I feel so happy, I want to go back!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple