We looked forward to spend a couple of nights at this place, but got very disappointed, first and foremost by the attitude of the staff.
1). The owner refused to comply with conditions that were spelled in our rental contract we received from “hotels.com”. They claimed they had nothing to do with this website (!), that they have never cooperated with them and that they actually received our reservation from another vendor. Hence, they were not responsible for the conditions of reservation we received from “hotels.com”.This not obviously not true since they earlier admitted being in dialogue and cooperation with hotels.com in an e-post exchange we had prior to our arrival.
2). The hotel applied the conditions that suited them: very late check-in (5 pm), very early check out (10 am), we had to pay several dozens euro more for the type of room we booked, and they demanded payemnt for the internet although in our contract it was supposed to be free (we argued and finally received it free, but the owner made it very clear she was doing us an enormous favour – unpleasant!). Yet, their standard reservation include breakfast, but the owner insisted we had to pay for it since it was not in our “hotels.com” contract (!).
3) Breakfast: normally, it is included in the reservation, but do not get fouled. It is only a basket of bread, with butter and some jams, quite outrageous for this price (11 euros). If you want a “normal” breakfast at the hotel, you have to pay them several additional 6 euros.
4). We were promised in our contract “sound isolation”. Not true: the rooms at the 1st floor are very close to the reception and you can hear everything that is said there (and in the corridor). We were awaken several times. The “superior” room looked more like a standard room, it was clean and nice, but very little; there was no table - the quasi-table in the corner, minuscule triangle was ok to put a laptop on, but no much more, impossible to eat or write on it. Everything – eating, watching tv, etc. had to be done while sitting on the bed. The sheets were therefore soiled quickly, but they didn’t bother to change them (during 5 days), even though the stains were clearly visible.
5). The hotel does do give en option of paying in euros (except if it’scash). When paying by foreign credit card, you will pay in your country’s currency! The currency course was unfavorable and we lost additionally some 30 euros. They again claimed that it was totally not their fault, it was just the bank that gave them such a card terminal without euro option.
So, an attitude problem of the staff, maybe they have become spoiled by their guests?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel & restaurant La Croix de Savoie bids you welcome to the 1st BioClimatic hotel & restaurant of the Rhone-Alps region and the 3rd new hotel of this type in France (opened on 24 December 2010). This highly comfortable hotel provides the opportunity to really get close to nature and to enjoy healthy living in an eco-friendly bioclimatic environment, just 800m from the village of Carroz d'Arâches and 500m from the ski slopes of Flaine. Spacious, bright bedrooms, suites and family room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Ebookers so you can book your la Croix de Savoie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Croix De Savoie France/Haute-Savoie