“An unforgettable home”
Review of Eden Villa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tubbercurry
Eden Villa
Ranked #4 of 7 Tubbercurry B&B and Inns
Aiguillon, France
“An unforgettable home”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

During our stay in Ireland, we traveled 5 B&B, and without hesitation, Peter and Mary won our hearts by their generosity and commitment to helping us to visit their countries so soothing.
Mary made ​​a delicious apple pie, and Peter is no shortage of ideas to get us the best places to discover.
Side housing, except another large modern B&B standout because in a very unusual sector, again we were very satisfied. Choice of room, super comfortable bed, small baskets of bath products available, ... everything was perfect.
The house is also well located for visiting Sligo and the region while staying away from the big vile.

We will certainly return when next trip.

(Translated from French)

Room Tip: Double room upstairs was very confortable Think all rooms are so well
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi there.

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your wonderful review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the appletart too!! I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Edenvilla again.

Warmest regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 29 September 2013

It impossible to put into a 200 character review what a special place Peter and Mary, the owners of Eden Villa, will always hold in my heart!! They run a very clean B&B with a delicious breakfast, but what makes them so very, very special is how they go above and beyond for people...we found that when we visited their B&B. But, even more touching is how they really helped us out months before visiting Ireland.
I had an old letter my mother had given me, from which I only knew the first name of a cousin, her husband's first name, number of children, approximate ages, and the old historic family name, and I knew they lived in Tubbercurry. After having no luck tracking them down via ancestry on-line searches, etc., on a lark, I emailed Eden Villa, solely because other reviews mentioned how well the owners knew the area. The short version: they connected me with a cousin...and they went above and beyond in doing so. Meeting family and visiting the historic farm was beyond my wildest dreams. Thank you Peter and Mary, and may God bless you and yours.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MargNashville
EdenvillaBandB, Manager at Eden Villa, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Hi there.

It is our pleasure to have accommodated you while you stayed in Edenvilla. Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay, it is greatly appreciated. We look forward to been able to accommodate you again when in the Sligo area.
Reviewed 28 September 2013

A beautiful, light and airy home, very graciously hosted by Mary and Peter. Peter took us on a tour of his wonderful cabinet design/making shop at the back of their home. It is a short distance to many sights. In addition a stop at Anne Regan Killoran's Traditional Restaurant in Tubbercurry was worth the visit as she took us on a tour through her "museum" of Irish history.

• Stayed August 2013
Hi there

Thank-you for taking the time to write such a terrific review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your break away and that you found all to your liking.

I'm delighted we exceeded your expectations and hopefully we will see you in Edenvilla in the not too distant future.

Thanks again for the review.
Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My family of four (kids ages 14 and 12 at the time) stayed with Peter and Mary July 8-10 2013. I did tons of research on places to stay before leaving and chose to stay at Eden Villa based on great reviews and location-my husband's family came from the area surrounding Tubbercurry. Plus I thought it a good locale for exploring Sligo and parts of Mayo counties. I liked the fact my husband and I could have an ensuite king bed - if you let them know ahead of time, they can make up twins as a king and it was very comfortable. My kids shared a room and had the bath down the hall. We were the only ones staying there at the time. So much to rave about..Mary and Peter themselves are the real deal. Extremely nice, accommodating, and Peter has fantastic knowledge he loves to share about Ireland herself and different areas to see and visit. He encouraged us to take a loop he mapped out that we never would have known about and it turned out to be incredibly beautiful and a highlight of our stay up there. I was fascinated by the turf cutting, although machines do more of the work now, some people are still out there cutting by hand (see photo). Sligo area itself is filled with gorgeous scenery and things to do. I suggest emailing Peter to ask for some ideas of touring the area based on your interests and time.He won't steer you wrong and has drives and ideas printed out and quite organized. He is knowledgeable not only about the area surrounding him but can make great suggestions for touring and visiting other areas of Ireland. Make the time to talk to your hosts..they are good people with a huge family (kids have grown and dispersed thoughout Ireland) and we enjoyed connecting with them. They have a well mannered, sweet King Charles Spaniel, Jacob, which my kids fell in love with..especially my 12 year old son. Mary..he still asks me for a dog like Jacob on a regular basis, even though we have a sweet black Lab at home! Breakfast is set up in a lovely (sunny while we were there) room and the food and coffee was terrific. Great way to start the day and Mary caters to your tastes and timing. Thank you, thank you for a lovely time. Carl and I so hope to come back and enjoy your company once again. I truly fell in love with Ireland.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LBMA40
Hi Carl and family.

Thank you for your positive comments about your recent visit at our home. I am very pleased to see that you found the place to your liking. Peter is delighted that he could be a help with his tips of the area. We at Edenvilla really want our guests to make the most of their stay with us. Also thank you for your feedback about our food and dining facilities. We look forward to welcome you and your family back to us at some stage in the future.

Kindest Regards
Augsburg, Germany
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We enjoyed almost one week of great hospitality at Mary and Peter's
lovely B&B. The wonderful breakfast was delicious and very much enjoyed. Peter was never tired of giving us tips and proposals for tours around the area which he had all printed out just perfectly. We practically felt as family members. A warm recommendation for everyone spending their holidays near Sligo.
Sophie, Thomas and family

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
HI There.

We are really glad to read of your satisfaction with your stay at Edenvilla B&B. We are delighted that you had such a positive experience of our home. Thank you for sharing this with other Trip Advisor members. We hope you come back soon to experience the breakfast again.
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We had a fantastic stay here with Mary and Peter, we felt so taken care of! Amazing food, rooms and amazingly generous and warm people. Would reccommend it to anyone. Easy to find, close to everything!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Cathy D
EdenvillaBandB, Owner at Eden Villa, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
We are really glad to read of your satisfaction with your stay at our home. We are delighted that you had such a positive experience in Edenvilla. Thank you for sharing this with other Trip Advisor members. We look forward to welcoming you back into our home in the future.
Letterkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 18 August 2013

On our recent '9 day Sponsored Walk for ''Mary's Meals'' from North Donegal to County Mayo, 4 friends & myself stayed in this lovely well maintained B&B, located in a nice quiet location on the outskirts of Tubbercurry.
All our rooms & bathrooms were spotlessly clean & after a great nights sleep we had a delicious breakfast.
Mary & Peter were excellent, informative & very accommodating hosts & would highly recommend this B&B - one of the best in the North West....

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank dadutte
EdenvillaBandB, Owner at Eden Villa, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Thank you for your great review. We here in Edenvilla are so glad that we exceeded your expectations. It was wonderful having you stay and we look forward to your next visit.