“Impeccable accommodation, ambiance and service in a tropical paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jumeirah Vittaveli

Jumeirah Vittaveli
“Impeccable accommodation, ambiance and service in a tropical paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

My new husband and I chose Jumeirah Vittaveli for our week-long honeymoon. Based on our research before arrival, we had very high expectations. We are pleased to say that Jumeirah exceeded these expectations in every aspect of our stay.

The setting was truly amazing, with postcard-perfect views in all directions. We stayed in a lagoon villa (sunset side) which was large and luxurious. Turtle 1 villa (right at the end of the pier), felt completely isolated and private, which was perfect for a honeymoon. The private pool was gorgeous, but snorkeling directly from the villa was even better! The marine life was abundant and beautiful. As buggies were readily available for transport, the distance of the villa from the rest of the island was not an issue at all.

We wanted for nothing during the stay, and the friendly, attentive staff worked hard to anticipate our every need and desire. They appeared to really enjoy and take pride in providing exceptional service We were attended to from the moment we stepped foot through the customs gate at the airport, up until we walked back in at the end of our trip. Our main buggy-driver Azzam even accompanied us to check in on his day off in Male!

The full board package allowed us to eat in all the restaurants (but not the bar) at meal times, though we did end up spending more than we expected in surcharges at both Mu Grill and Fenesse. The buffet and a la carte breakfast options were a highlight. The cocktails were great and surprisingly reasonably priced compared to bars in Australia. The private dining experience (including bottle of Moet) was decadent and beautiful.

During our stay, we used the Talise Spa (twice, because the couples massage was so good, we just had to go back), gym, kayaks, bar, shisha pipes and, of course, snorkeling equipment. Each experience was faultless and thoroughly enjoyable.

We highly recommend Jumeirah Vittaveli for a luxurious Maldives honeymoon experience.

Room Tip: The sunset lagoon villas have a better view than the sunrise side. 'Turtle 1' lagoon villa...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gisele C, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Dear Bangour,

Thank you so much for your recommendation and for taking your time to share your experience with other travellers and for such a glowing review.

I know that you were a little apprehensive in travelling having read some negative reviews on Tripdadvisor but I am so glad that you trusted us to look after you for an occasion as special as your honeymoon, and that we exceeded all your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming both you back and if there is anything I can do in the meantime, please let me know.

Gisele

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

Maldives is a paradise. Once you set foot here, you will understand why everyone wishes to visit the place. Clear turquoise water, powdery white sand, marvelous beach, great sun, superb coral reef to explore.
Staying in Jumeirah vittaveli makes our vacation beyond perfect. Everything was impeccable from the moment we arrived. The staffs are so kind, helpful and attentive. Villas are amazing and very private. Beautifully designed and each bungalow has a great balcony with oceans views and has its own L shaped pool..I could walk out the backyard and be on the beach or look out the window to see the ocean and the sunrise too. I just loved it... everything mostly comes up to a very high standard. We enjoyed snorkeling and using the non motorized water sports. We love Bar EE,MU bar and Fenesse overwater restaurant.
If you really want a great holiday, I can’t recommend it enough.
The staff made our trip more memorable. I really must thank Butch, the manager of the kids club, who is very spontaneous and spent his free time with us and took us around the resort. Regina, the manager of Talise Spa,I just can’t forget the ginger honey juice that was served to us and yes it did help my cousin who has a motion sickness, thank you for that... Laura, the bubbly manager of Fenesse overwater restaurant. Oliver, who served our first meal in the resort at Bar EE. Ali who always fixed our villa twice a day, Kian who takes care of us before we left. The RM who personally meets the guests when we came off the speed boat. Everyone was just awesome.
Indeed, Jumeirah stays different.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Spriteee
Gisele C, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this review, 13 November 2012
Dear Spirtee,
thank you so much for sharing your experiences at Vittaveli and I am so glad that you had a perfect stay.
It is really most appreciated to get such glowing recommendations of not only the resort but also our team and I will most certainly pass on your thanks. The team really do make a difference
Thank you once again and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to our little patch of paradise when you next plan a trip back to Maldives.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

We stayed at JUMEIRAH Vitavelli for good 8 days at beach villa and enjoyed every minute there. The beach villa was well designed with spacious bath area at the back. Loved the long timber stripped flooring which was kept miraculously sand free almost all the time to the credit of house keepers but on the flip side, I found the surface can be a bit slippery (dry). Bed & pillows were really comfortable even with our 3 year old snuggling in between.

In room, facilities were great with good selection of movies and music keeping the family entertained when we needed to stay off the mid afternoon sun. We thought the well stocked wine cooler was pretty neat too.

Marine life was rich and many variety swam pass right outside of our villa, great stuff. Staffs and some other guests claimed to have sigted dolphins but that I'm sure needs luck and timing.

We read some TripAdvisor reviews before the trip and was wary of the lack of selection at their buffet and restaurants. Not quite though! Both Finesse and Samsara were awesome with their seafood and local spice /curry varieties. We probably made the better choice of getting half board package that gave us the option between buffet and ala carte menu (which some travelers may have found pricy) at all restaurants during breakfast and dinner. If you are staying longer like we were, don't miss their Angus beef burger and spaghetti bolognaise...they are way better than most of good restaurants at home!

Now the best part of the stay goes to the services from staff. Gosh, they really make huge efforts to look after the guests. It's a truly warm experience.  Our 3 year old for some reason got too shy to speak to anyone and yet many staff have gone all out to humor her. Thank you Roshan, whom our daughter referred to as "uncle glasses" in private , offered peeled oranges and sliced rambutans for her delight. Jeffrey whom was incredibly attentive , always so caring. So did Rohaman, Nashid, Tingting, Laura, Gisele, Maduranga and many more outstanding individuals that made the difference. Thank you guys! .... Everyone seemed happy working at Jumeirah, hearing how excited they looked forward to field trips organized for them by the management. They have successfully translated that happiness to the guests at resort.

It's little warm gestures here and there that adds up to make the trip memorable, the experience unique and different from other resorts. We travel a fair bit and have been to Maldives 4 times staying in different 5 star resorts but this is definitely our best.

Highly recommended. It's a 6 star Experience!!

Things can do better : arrival debriefing and guest hotline can be more informative and personable.

Room Tip: Beach Villa
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gisele C, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this review, 3 November 2012
Dear Wiggles,
Thank you so much for your wonderful 6 star review and I am very appreciative of such glowing feedback especially as you have good experience staying at many other resorts in Maldives. Praise from you, is praise indeed, thank you!
Very pleased to hear that you had a great stay and I will ensure that a special thanks is passed on to the team, especially 'uncle glasses'. We have a great resort, but you are quite right, it is the team that make the difference.
Thank you once again and I very much look forward to welcoming you back next time that you plan a trip to Maldives.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2012

We spent 6 nights at the Jumeirah Vittaveli in September 2012. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left, we were treated like royalty. The staff made our trip a memorable one - and we'd like to say a special thank you to: Arif, Jeffry, Saleem and Sajesh - all of whom looked after us so well for the duration of our trip. We stayed in one of the Lagoon Villas - a very large room, with private pool, over-looking the water. The food was generally of a good quality. We can't wait to return next year!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gisele C, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this review, 27 October 2012
Dear DataMonkey,

Thank you so much for taking the time post your review.I am so glad that you had a wonderful honeymoon and I will definately pass on your thanks to the team .

You only get one chance to go on honeymoon so it is important that all is perfect and that it is one that you remember. If you can't get treated like royalty when on honeymoon , when else can you!?!

Wishing you all the best for your future married life together and I look forward to seeing you again next year .

Geneva
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

So returned again with the family to the beautiful Jumeirah resort...Nothing much more to add than what was written on the first review but just to highlight the incredible level of service (maybe because we were repeat costumers??)

So BA manages to lose our single luggage on the direct LGW-MLE flight, and their costumer service is pretty hopeless (although I have Gold Guest List status with them) so we were beginning to become desperate but still went on the island...

There Jumeirah had gone on a spending spree to provide swimsuits, polos, shirts, hats, suncreams and they managed to get all children equipment from I assume their staff...all of this for free..when obviously they had nothing to do about it.

When things go wrong is when you really see the difference in service and Jumeirah has beaten any other costumer service I have experienced so far...Bravo

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank CKGeneva
Gisele C, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
Dear CK,

Thank you so much for taking the time once again to give your most valuable feedback. It means alot as I know that you travel alot and have had experience staying in alot of other resorts in Maldives. It is a real honour that you chose Vittaveli yet again this year for your family break.

The team all look forward to you coming, in particular your butler, Irshad, who I think has almost become part of your family.

With all our guests we strive to provide the best service possible so we were only too glad to assist when the airline lost your luggage. I know it is a horrible experience so it is the least we can do to help out.

Hope to see you again soon.

Guangzhou, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

Visited this resort as my third visit to Maldives, generally the experience was positive, but the resort is only 8 months old according to the staff, there are lots to be done. here are a few of my thoughts:

Pros:
1. Wonderful facilities, i.e. spacious rooms, huge kids club
2. Most of the staff are well-trained, esp. Arif, our butler.
3. Offers complimentary meals for kids
4. Close to Male, short 20 min speedboat ride

Cons:
1. Very limited choice on food, but executed well for those on the menu.
2. New resort, so still has on-going construction/renovation
3. Pest control during day time while the kids are running around!!??? not sure it is a good idea at all!

Generally, I will recommend this resort to families with kids, since it is large and has a fantastic kids club. But the hotel does need to clearly identify the message to its customers to notify what should be expected, i.e. noise.

Despite the negative comments from myself and all other travellers, I do think this resort has huge potential in attracting more visitors, but at the current stage, still lots of work need to be done by the management.

3 Thank Vince C
Dear Vince,

Thank you taking the time to share your feedback and I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and your family enjoyed the kids club and the complimentary meals for children.

Being so close to Male is indeed a big advantage and enables you to make the most of your time in Maldives without loosing time on sea plane transfers.

Thank you for your constructive comments as we are always looking for ways to improve. I am glad that you enjoyed the food and our chefs are always willing to prepare something for you if there is anything in particular that you fancy that is not on the menu. This week we have just launched our new BarEe and poolside menu and next week the Samsara menu is also planned to change. We are also about to introduce some new exciting private dining experiences.

I am sure that you will see us go from strength to strength as even though we are a new resort we are already seeing guests rebooking with us which I feel is a true reflection of a fantastic stay. I hope that you will also become one of our regular guests.

Wishing you and your family all the best

Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

During the 4 nights stay, it's an amazing experience there. Nice view, fatalistic rooms, beautiful weather these days. All the amazing staff stopped when we are going to leave. We did not get a information about ur departure time even the night before we left, and to wait for the call is the only answer we've got that night, after we went to the reception to check. Here's my terrible experience started next morning.
There's a waiter knocked at my door around 8 o'clock(the island time) to tell us to departure in the morning, and another one came at 8:30 o'clock to pick up, while the room is so in mess! After the hasty pecking and checking out, We got on the speeding boat about 9, and arrived the airport island about 10(the island time, 9 for the Male time), till then, We were informed that JV arranged us to catch the Air Taxi of 9, FOR THE FIRST TIME, from the guy of my second island!! Of course, we missed the plane, how can I catch it if my speeding boat arrived at 9? appreciate there's staffs fr JV to say sorry when we waiting in the airport, but I have to annouce that knocking the door to tell the guests that they have to check out half an hour later absolutely can not be counted the OFFICIAL INFORMATION for a 5-star resort.

Room Tip: Lagoon Villas of the sunrise do face to Male, but several of the sunset even worse, facing to Lagoon...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gisele C, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Jumeirah Vittaveli Maldives

I was delighted to read that your stay with us was an amazing experience and thank you so much for your objective feedback about the resort and your kind words on the team.

It is such a shame that your wonderful stay was let down by your departure experience. I am not sure what time you had been expecting to depart, however, you should have received a personalized letter advising of your departure details on the eve of your departure, allowing you sufficent time to pack and be ready for your pick up the following mroning. Please accept my sincere apologies for any misunderstanding or inconvenience caused if this information was not relayed. The knock on your door half an hour before your expected departure was to collect your luggage, with your boat leaving at 8.30am (7.30am Male time), giving sufficent time to get your flight.

Once again I apologise for any misunderstanding or incovenience caused as it is certainly not the memorable experience that we would wish for you to take with you when you left Vittaveli.

I hope that you had a pleasurable continuation of your stay in the Maldives and if there is anything further that I may assist you with please do let me know.

Gisele Clark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolifushi Island
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
Anantara Dhigu Maldives Resort
Anantara Dhigu Maldives Resort
#1 of 1 in Dhigufinolhu Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,626 reviews

Been to Jumeirah Vittaveli? Share your experiences!