Jumeirah Vittaveli
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Velassaru Maldives(Velassaru Island)
US$583
US$554
  • Breakfast included
Adaaran Prestige Vadoo(Vaadhoo Island)
US$633
US$266
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Taj Exotica Resort & Spa(Emboodhu Finolhu)
US$975
US$115
US$109
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewskids clubbeach villaprivate poolindian restaurantspecial thanksthe general managerwater sportsocean suitemale airportour honeymoonbuggy servicefish feedingfamily holidayairport loungel shapehis teammain restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed at the beach villa 18 two nights and seashell villa 1 two nights. Both are great, spacious and clean and with good size pool, few minutes swimming from villa then you could snorkel with many fish, especially the lagoon villa. Definitely one of the best villa I have ever stayed. We have tried spa two times, one of the best exprences I have ever had, but very expensive.
We have tried all the three restaurants, not one of the best I have ever had, but I could not deny the foods were good. Junian was courteous to us at Mu. My wife got a free tasty birthday cake, it was a nice touch.
Before I went there, I got an e-mail asked to fill out a form telling our preference, I sent it back, and got a response mail saying they got my preference form, but when we arrived there, no one knew it, one man took out the same form and asked us to write it again.
During our whole stay, no one showed and introduced himself was our butler. The second day I called for a DVD player, the man asked me who is our butler, I told him no butler showed, but after that, still no butler during our stay. And long after that call, one man brought DVD player, he seemed unhappy to be bothered by us and took the tips without smiling or saying any thanks (but when we changed to lagoon villa, Bassam brought DVD player with courtesy).
In the last day, because our speedboat time was changed from 8:30 to 8:00, a man from reception promised there would be a buggy wait for us at 7:50 in the afternoon, but no buggy showed then, to my surprise, when we hurried to the reception, the receptionists there have absolutely no idea, one man even tried to argue our boat time was at 8:30.
When we arrived, a lady took a professional camera to take a photo for us, and let us check the photo if we like it from the camera. When we were leaving , I thought of that and asked Bassam shouldn’t we get that photo, Bassam only said I understand, and then we were hurrying to the boat and left, nothing happened, what a strange resort.
All in all, if you care the villa itself, you could choose here, but if you care the service, you might want to find somewhere else.

Room Tip: lagoon villa is better for snorkeling, with more fish and coral reef nearby
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CHENCHIAHUNG
Graham K, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear CHENCHIAHUNG,

Thank you for your review of Vittaveli on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you found the Villas at Vittaveli to your liking, spacious and well cleaned. I am of course very concerned that you did not receive the service for which our company has become well known and I apologize that this was so.

I will certainly look into the issues which you mentioned with urgency as I can see that many mistakes were avoidable; especially cases where a colleague’s attitude or willingness are called into question

Apart from looking into the above comments and taking corrective actions, I would also like to be able to send you a soft and hard copy of the welcome photo which was taken on your arrival. This should have been delivered to your room as it is our customary welcome gesture.
If you could be so kind as to e mail me on graham.kiy@jumeirah.com I will be more than happy to do that. I look forward to hearing from you

Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

We only stayed there for a couple of nights but had a great time. A variety of good food at breakfast. The Maldivian fish curries were amazing. The bar staff looked after us well. I thought the bathrooms were so beautiful - see their images. We had a complimentary sunset boat ride followed by complimentary cocktails and nibbles. Met the British chef/catering staff who was very welcoming. A special thank you to Moussa our butler who was courteous and kind. The lady manager was great and very friendly. It was nice to try out this resort and the Dhevanafushi resort which was stunning and exceptional. Very clean everywhere, privacy and great rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank DfromEngland

Dear Dfrom England,

Thank you for your review of Jumeirah Vittaveli on Trip Advisor. The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will make sure that Moosa is thanked personally for his having helped to make your stay special.

I see that you enjoyed our sister property in the Maldives, Dhevanafushi, too, so would like to thank you for your support and patronage of Jumeirah in the Maldives!

I hope we have inspired you to want to return to stay with us again in the future and look forward to welcoming you back

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We have just been to the Maldives for the first time and stayed in a Sunset Villa which was just amazing. Our Butler was so helpful and very easy to get along with and his knowledge of the IT system/TV was excellent. The Villas was spacious and we thoroughly enjoyed the luxurious bathroom with its amazing outside shower and huge bath tub. The food in Mu on the beach was so fantastic and to sit with your feet in the sand eating amazing seafood, with some wonderful wine was our idea of perfect. There are bikes for every Villa to enable easy access around the island, although it isn't very big and it is a joy to walk around and see all the different areas. The over water villas are amazing and have been tastefully decorated. All the staff are helpful and friendly and go out of their way to make you feel relaxed and welcomed. We cannot wait to go back again.

Room Tip: All are amazing. We like being on the beach so had a sunset room, which in the evening was just amazing to sit on the terrace and watch the night sky.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear DianeCourt54,

Thank you for your review of Jumeirah Vittaveli on Trip Advisor. I am very glad that your first trip to the Maldives was so enjoyable and that we played a major part in that. Thank you for mentioning our colleagues’ skill at showing you around the Villa and the facilities - our Apple TV system is very popular with clients and allows access to all sorts of entertainment as well as resort information and activities.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed the bicycles too; many guests comment that this is a good and fun way to get around our island. We are excited to say that we will soon have tandems available for honeymooners who will find them to be a great and fun memory
I hope we have achieved our goal of offering you personalized and fond memories and experiences, and look forward to welcoming you back to Vittaveli in the near future

Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the sunset over water villas and the views were just breathtaking. The staff was friendly and interactive. The sunset cruise on their luxury yacht was a highlight with an absolute dramatic sunset. Avoid staying on the sunrise villas as they have the views of the Male city.

• Stayed: September 2013
AmitMajumder, Resident Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear Pritish

Thank you for your time for the review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that you enjoyed the friendly services of the colleagues and the Luxury Yacht Sunset cruise.

With regards to the views from the sunrise side we do have a number of guests who specifically request for the sunrise side for both Beach Villas and Over Water Villas. While on the sunset side, there is nothing but the expansive Indian Ocean stretching across the horizon, the sunrise side offers views of distant islands. With Male about 10 kilometers away, guests have mentioned in the past that they find the faraway view of the islands and the faint lights in the evenings, quite comforting. It is a matter of choice, we would say.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and if there is anything else that I may assist you with in the meantime, please do contact me.

Yours sincerely

Amit Majumder
Resident Manager

Reviewed 4 September 2013

The room that we book for was excellent. It's the sunrise lagoon villa with private pool. At night we could see lights of Male town which is quite nice rather than you see total darkness. The room have a Nespresso machine but there was no instruction on how to use it. I had to try twice in order to make a cuppa coffee. The Villa is very spacious except for the private pool which is a little small. Bathroom is spacious, we love the super big bathtub as it was facing the Indian Ocean... :))

We were hoping that there could be more activities on the island. We tried canoeing but we were not allowed to go far, which is a little disappointing. Everything is expensive so be prepared to spend your money. The staffs are very friendly, greets you all the time. If you are a runner, there's a jogging route on the island, we did this for 3days by the 2nd, day we knew the island much better.

Our butler also got us 2 bicycles for us to use during our stay there, it was complimentary. It was great as we get to explore the Island...actually there's nothing much to explore as the island is not that big...in the end it was a memorable trip for us.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KittyLiaw
Graham K, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Dear Mytaitai,

Thank you for your review of our resort on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and have taken home some Warm Maldivian Moments. You are right that the Villa is spacious, at 200 square metres, the Lagoon Villa is one of the largest entry level Villas in the Maldives and many clients say they like the size, viewing window to the ocean and appointments of the Villa.

We have ordered some new and clearer instructions for our in Villa Nespresso machines and they will soon be on the island, my apologies if they were not yet arrived while you were here.
We limit the area our guests can use kayaks in while unaccompanied, but with an instructor this can be expanded, we are simply concerned about the safety of our guests, I hope you understand

We now have bicycles for each and every Villa, they are fixed outside with a wooden stand so convenient for storage.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Jumeirah Vittaveli in the near future!