“Jumeira vittaveli is must visit resort.”
Review of Jumeirah Vittaveli

Jumeirah Vittaveli
“Jumeira vittaveli is must visit resort.”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Everything was awesome and the clean private beach double awesome.
Most good thing that i came with my 3 kids and here they have a kids section and baby sitters takes care of your kids while you go for a dive or to any activity.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Zahidmengal
Graham K, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Zahidmengal,

Thank you for your review of Vittaveli, I am very glad that you enjoyed the resort with your family. Our Kid's Club is very popular and together with the short speedboat ride from the airport, is a major reason why families choose our resort.

We are developing five units of 2 Bedroom beach Villas this year to cope with the increased demand from families, and will have a renovated buffet section, new Sushi Lounge and Private Tandoor table ready by the end of this year, so plenty of new things to show you when you return

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Vittaveli soon and please let us know if you need any help with those reservations

Jumeirah Vittaveli

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Hmmm...where to start. Stayed at the water villa from the 18th-22nd June. Having traveled quite extensively around the world, I have to say that this is hands down the best experience ever. The way Graham Kiy(the GM) and his team have treated us is nothing short of a miracle. Let me remember a few names of people who made our stay special. Khairul, rajkumar and prasad were awesome at the bar. Rasheed made sure that our room is spic and spam every single day. Ahmed out snorkeling instructor made sure that we were absolutely comfortable snorkeling deep in the sea. Salman and Firshan made sure that we have all reservations from our private speedboat to our restaurants. Also a shout out to the gym instructor (sorry forgot his name), There were so many resorts to pick from in the Maldives and we are so glad that we picked JV. I've never ever been so content with service. We are already planning to go there in Dec/Jan. Myself and my wife keep promoting this place every single day and a couple of my friends and colleagues have already booked this place. If you don't want to be disappointed and would like once in a lifetime holiday, JV is the place to go. Though I can write about JV all day long, I'm glad my wife is not writing this review as I'm sure she won't stop raving about this place.

Room Tip: We stayed at the water villa and the beach villa. You won't go wrong with choosing any of the tw...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Graham K, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Sarf S,

Thank you for your very positive and generous review of Vittaveli. I really appreciate that you have gone our of your way to mention our colleagues Khairul, Rajkumar, Prasad, Rasheed, Ahmed Salman and Firshan by name as this is great encouragement and builds their confidence. It really is the colleagues who make a difference and I am very glad they made your stay memorable.

I do hope to see you again soon at the end of the year as you mentioned, please let us know if we can be of any assistance with your return reservation, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Vittaveli.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Out of hundreds of resorts in Maldives, JV was the only one which could impress me and so I picked this for my honeymoon. I stayed 5D4N at the water villa with sunset and it is terrific! All the staff are friendly and helpful esp our lifestyle host, who helped us arranged everything throughout our stay.
We've tried all the restaurants and all of them served excellent food. Honeymooners must try the private romantic dinner.
There are many choices of different activities too. I've tried the spa, romantic bath, snorkeling and sunset fishing (you may be able to see some dolphins if you're lucky). We enjoyed swimming and snorkeling near our villa everyday!
Although there were some niggles during our stay, Amit (the resident manager) has made some arrangements for us promptly which made our honeymoon trip PERFECT. We really appreciate his arrangements.
Our honeymoon trip can never be better at JV. At first I thought our stay might be too long, but eventually I found that 5 days were not enough and we should have stayed longer! We'll definitely come again for our anniversary/family trip in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JWong0316
Dear JWong0316,

Thank you for your review of Vittaveli, I am very glad that you enjoyed your honeymoon with us. as you mentioned, you picked our resort out of a choice of over a hundred in the Maldives, so we are genuinely flattered, thank you for your trust in us.

I will thank Amit personally for ironing out any niggles which might have cropped up during your stay, he is one of our talented and dedicated Ambassadors, who make a difference every day.

A healthy house reef is an important asset for any Maldives resort and I am glad you found ours did not disappoint, it is often mentioned by guests on these pages as a plus

Next time you visit we will be able to show you a renovated Samsara restaurant, a new sunken Tandoori, a Sushi and Music Lounge as well as some newly extended beach Villas, with a new children's bedroom which will be ideal for a couple wanting to relax with two young children

Please let us know if we may be of help with your next booking - we look forward to welcoming you back to Vittaveli and hope you will make this your home away from home in the Maldives

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Overall my water villa room is excellent but maybe in June the wave is too strong.
we do not dare to go down but the last day the wave is not so strong we tried to go down to the sea but we found the sea water is not deep.
we swim about 5m we can see many coral and fishes near by our room.
In this hotel there is 3 restaurant. the best is Samsara there are more choices in the menu compared to the other 2 restaurant.
The breakfast is does not have many choices, hope the management can improve on this.
and the food is almost the same everyday.
We also visited the diving center and we found that the price is high compared to the other Hotel.
Example
My last visit in Baros the price they charge for private yacht is USD500 for 3hr but here they charge USD900 for 2hr and comparing the boat, Baros is more luxury.
Stingray feeding. Jumeirah does not allow guest to feed. In Vivanta they allow guest to do feeding.

Hope the Jumeirah Management can improve on the issue.
I really appreciate Mr Shiva Kumar on the service he provided us.

Room Tip: Choice near by the gym room because wave is calmer and is nearer to the restaurant. the housekeeper...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Nelson8688
Dear Nelson8688,

Thank you for your report on Vittaveli, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. In general, currents in summer are stronger than in winter which makes snorkelling a different experience from one season to the next. If you are not 100% confident of your own swimming abilities, I do recommend booking a snorkelling trip with our Water Sports Centre, they will have at least two instructors with each group to take good care of all the guests.

Thank you for your remarks on the breakfast buffet. Starting this week we are executing a three stage renovation of our All Day Dining restaurant, which will see a more generously spaced dining area, a new buffet space with lots of live cooking stations and I am sure the variety and quality of food we offer will be better after this change.

We are also planning a sunken Tandoori table, as well as a Sushi and Music Lounge to add further variety to the restaurant offerings, so we hope you will visit us again and come and see the changes....

We regularly conduct research to ensure our pricing is competitive and the private yacht charter price is included in this research. I will see that we go through this exercise again to be sure our pricing is reasonable. I believe you are referring to our Windy Xanthos 52 yacht, although I am not sure exactly the model which other resorts are offering. You may refer to the www.Windy.no web site under Xanthos for details

As for fish feeding, the best advice I have is that it is best conducted under the guidance of a marine biologist, if guests are to be involved. As the species visiting us regularly are sting rays, we err on the side of caution and keep guests at a safe distance, not only for the guest's sake, but for the sake of the fish too. Fish are covered in slime which is very sensitive to contact with human skin, the naturally secreted acid on our skin would spoil the slime layer and leave the fish vulnerable to parasitic attack.

Our future plans include a Marine Biology Centre, so we will examine that idea again at that time, in the meantime we will continue to practice "safety first" - I hope you understand

I will see that we thank Shiva properly for the service he extended to you during your stay. I do hope to be able to welcome you back in the future, please let us know if we can help you with your return booking.

Warm regards,

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I wasn't really sure what resort to pick when booking but because I trust the Jumeirah chain, I picked Jumeirah Vittaveli and it was THE perfect choice. We stayed 3 nights. 2 in a beach sunset villa and 1 in an overwater sunset villa. Everything in the resort was very pleasing; 20 minutes from airport/ privacy in villas/ variety of food/ staff/ water sports activities/ spa .. etc. The only minor negative thing is that it's almost impossible to get an early check-in but even so, don't worry because you have many things to pass your time with.

Room Tip: Beach sunset villas have bigger private pool and access to the beach.
1 Thank IbraheemAlhanaky
Dear IbraheemAlhanaky,

Many thanks for your review of Vittaveli. Thank you for your support of our company, Jumeirah as well.

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I am glad that you managed to experience both our Lagoon and Beach Villas. Your kind comments on the cuisine of the resort as well as the Spa service will definitely be passed on to those teams and I am sure they will find encouragement from your kind words

We will be delighted to welcome you back in the future and hope you will be able to join us again. by the end of this year - we will have new experiences available for our valued clients: a private sunken Tandoori table, a new sushi bar and music lounge and a renovated buffet at our Samsara restaurant.

I hope we will see you again soon, please let me know if I may be of assistance with your next reservation with us.

Warm Regards,

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 19 June 2014

It's for my honeymoon and I've done tonnes of research before deciding on JV. I'm a seasoned traveler who has stayed in many top hotels in the world like Four Seasons, St Regis and Ritz Carlton. I've very high expectation with JV and good news -- they delivered. I would share my experience here.

We were flying Singapore Airline that arrived at noon. When we came out of the airport we saw many resort representatives holding signs but we didn't see anyone from JV. So we approached the staff holding a JD sign, and he has kindly escorted us to the JV booth with some luggage tags with our names written on them already. After sitting at the booth for about 20min, another staff said everyone has arrived and we were boarded onto the speedboat with iced water for each guest.

On arrival our wonderful butler Khalid has greeted us, and drove a buggy to our lagoon villa Turtle One. From the map it was the best positioned lagoon villa, indeed it is! It is furthest away from everyone else which is great for honeymooners like us. We requested a tendum bicycle in advance, and we got to use it for our entire stay which is great, since she is not a biker and waiting time for buggy is long (5-20min).

One catch for the readers here is that we were staying in early June, the traditional non-peak season, and just so happened that due to the direction of wind & current, there were no fishes at all under the Lagoon villa area. This was no fault of JV but still quite disappointing. (All the wonderful fishes are around the house reef area near the over-water spa, so we have to go to the spa center then snokel there, instead of walking down the stairs from our room.) We experienced no rain whatsoever, the sun is fierce and you need the best sunblock you can find.

Our 5day-4night stay was very "busy" with 3 spa and 3 snokeling/dive. For spa we tried both the over-water room and garden room. I encourage readers to try both, I personally like the garden room better. The spa was great and on-par with the 5-star hotels I've visited around the world. We tried an in-villa bath which was good too.

We had all our breakfast at Samsara which food is good but not great. We tried MU Grill twice and Fenesses once (Candlelight dinner). They are better than Samsara in my opinion, but not worth the additional price premium especially for HB. If I really have to find a fault in JV, probably meal & meal variety is its weekest part. But consider it is a smaller scale resort, 3 restaurants are logical and I don't have a problem with it.

The Apple media center (Mac Mini with special software) was great. I'm an experienced Apple user so I found a way to use the media center to play the music on my iPhone (after some tries), which is cool because the media center connects to the speakers at the bathroom. Maybe there is a more intuitive way. The Wifi speed in room varies but generally good enough for Skype (to call home) and Facebook, around 2Mb/s.

Besides the resort hardware and location, the best part of JV is service. I won't disclose the details but you have to be there to experience it. Every staff I see seem to be truely happy and they try their best to fulfill your requests. The Butler system means that I can call my Butler for every request and he will find the right person to make it happen. I've requested some special flowers for her, secretly before my trip, and they have nicely delivered the surprise to her during the dinner. Guys, do think of something you want to surprise her, and contact JV in advance to discuss how possible it is.

We didn't see any turtle or shark during our 3 snorkeling/dive which was unfortunate, but the house reef area is large with lots of fishes, and the water is calm, making it safe for beginners too.

For our stay, JV strictly enforce the 12pm checkout time. Our flight was at 11pm and my butler said unfortunately all the beach villas were full, and they can arrange a 2-bedroom beach suite for us for half day for a fee of US$400. We didn't take the offer and instead did a 3-hour spa in the afternoon, had dinner at MU Grill and took the speedboat at 9pm. If your flight is at late night, consider this arrangement too.

A reviewer noted that she saw no other guests during the stay except meal time and arrival/departure -- it is true! We feel like we are the only guests in the island, I think this is an important consideration for honeymooners.

Lastly I must list all the staffs who have made my honeymoon wonderful. Starting with Mohamed Shiham the Assistant Manager in Reservation, who has answered many of my questions before the arrival, and has kindly arranged Turtle One (room 601) for us. That makes a huge difference for me personally. Our mighty butler Khalid, who has made all the arrangement perfect during the stay. Sova the spa coordinator has stepped beyond and made wonderful arrangement for our spa, so good that we had to add one more ad hoc session. Also Fernado at Samsara, thank you for your special arrangement for our dinner!

And lastly, congratulations to Graham and to the JV team and management, there are great services in many hotels, but here the attention to details in JV is phoenominal.

Some future suggestions for improvement: if there is rental available for camera's tripod, and installation of outdoor speakers at the deck of the lagoon villa, that would be excellent. Or maybe invest in a few more buggys.

Room Tip: If you book sunset lagoon villa, ask for Turtle. Lagoon villas are smaller than beach villas, but b...
4 Thank kakapinky
Dear Kakapinky,

Thank you for your review of Vittaveli, we are all so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. My apologies if our airport rep was not instantly visible to you - the good news is that we will soon open a dedicated airport arrival lounge, where we can take care of our guests in comfort.

I am glad you enjoyed the tandem, there is something romantic about that, is there not? We now have bikes for adults, teenagers and children, as well as tandems, and we will soon have some tricycles for those guests which are not feeling so steady on two wheels!

I am glad you liked the Spa and will share you comments with the team there, they will be greatly encouraged by them. I agree that more variety in Food offerings would go a long way and am glad to tell you that we will soon have a new Private Tandoori Table, a sunken spot where you will enjoy the attention and cuisine prepared by your private Tandoori chef

Also on the cards is a new two storey Sushi Lounge with the Japanese delicacies and smooth cool sounds to relax by afterwards. We are also renovating our buffet restaurant to provide more excitement with live cooking stations and an expanded area for greater comfort. All these changes will be effected by year end, so we hope we have the chance to welcome you back and show you.

I like your idea about the sounds being installed on the outdoor deck and we can easily have a few tripods available for borrowing - thank you.

I will see that we thank Shiham, Khalid and Sova properly for taking such good care of you - and yes, we are ordering more buggies this year.

Best regards from paradise and we hope to see you again soon!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We travel a lot during the year around the world and in the last 10 months this has been our 3rd visit to Maldives and the first time to Vittavelli, we read a lot of review of happy or unhappy people and we have learn that most of the time is better to do your own experience for obvious reasons.
This trip despite the adverse weather and winds and rain has been one of the best we ever had, the hotel staff and management has make us feel like home and treated like royalty.
First very nice room over water sunset villa, I would say that this type of accommodation is best when the sea is really quiet but better the beach villa in case of high winds and bad weather and if you have kids.
After 3 nights we were upgraded to the Suite beach villa and here we we had the best time of enjoying nice sea, nice pool and nice walking around the pristine beaches, if you can again choose sunset because the view and sea exposure are the best and less currents particularly if you have small kids.
Food and service are fantastic daily we were with plenty of activities and things to do or if we wanted just enjoying the pools and the beach which is why vacation are good to relax....
a big Thank you to Graham for his leadership and management of the island and for having build a strong team and trying always the best to go for the extra mile, same to our butler Shiva always present and smiling and helping my wife and kids in any requirement they had, last but not least the food/beverage manager Sajesh that has organized the perfect Father day dinner giving to our kids a surprise cake and card for me but written by my kids...
If you can stay there one Monday cause the hotel has a special event with cocktail and meet and great from the management team is a very good occasion to share experiences and chat with other guests and other team members of the hotel staff that sometime are working behind the scene...but that make our holidays more successful and nice and relaxing.

We can say that this was our best holidays since long time and we felt like home and treated like kings and queen.....

thank you to all the staff and management for their kindness and support

Giuseppe and Alma

Room Tip: sunset villa are always better, take the beach sunset if you have kids and want to enjoy a more quie...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Giuseppe M
Dear Guiseppe M,

Thank you for your review of Vittaveli, reading it aloud to our management team at our meeting, we all felt proud and happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our resort. We will be sure to thank Shiva and Sajesh for taking such good care of you all, we do that at our monthly meeting where we recognize the colleagues which have been mentioned by guests in various forums, as they are the ones who "make a difference"

We are blessed with a beautiful house reef here at Vittaveli and very fortunate to offer a private pool with every villa, which makes for convenience and privacy for the whole family.

I hope we may be able to welcome you back to Vittaveli soon, as there will be a few changes round the corner... A new sushi restaurant by the end of the year, a private Tandoori table and five units of Beach Villa with an additional bedroom on the side for children

Apart from that, we are also very excited about some new flowering shrubs that we are growing here, to bring splashes of colour all over the resort

Please let me know if we may assist you with any aspect of your next reservation - it would be my pleasure to do so

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolifushi Island
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
#1 of 1 in Emboodhu Finolhu
Bandos Maldives
Bandos Maldives
#1 of 2 in Bandos

Been to Jumeirah Vittaveli? Share your experiences!