“Awesome holiday with Kids ... Service Outstanding ... Location WOW”
Review of Jumeirah Vittaveli

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Awesome holiday with Kids ... Service Outstanding ... Location WOW”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We recently returned from a short 4 day break in July with 3 young girls and had a memorable holiday. After doubting whether this would be for kids, it turned out to be amazing and we will certainly go back. We had a Sunset Villa, which was perfect for space, overlooking the beach with a private pool and greenery. The service was the best I have ever received, and we travel often with kids and this was truly impeccable. the food was great, plenty of good seafood and only a 20 minute boat ride from the airport so good for kids. The beach and snorkeling were great and sunsets and views amazing. Strongly recommended and well done Jumeirah on this property!

Room Tip: Sunset Side of the Beach has best snorkeling
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Graham K, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear 1Fidaa,

Thank you for your review of Vittaveli, and recommendation of our resort to other readers - the team and I are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are in the business of providing memorable holiday experiences, as I see you are planning to return I believe we have been successful in this aim

We will soon be offering an airport arrival lounge and an expanded and improved Buffet at our All Day Dining restaurant as well as other improvements which we are planning

I hope that we will soon have the chance to welcome you and your family back to Vittaveli in the near future; please let me know if I may be of any help with that.

Jumeirah Vittaveli

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 2 July 2014

we stayed 3 nights at Jumeirah maldives. everything was great. staff are very friendly and helpful. we have lucky to have many meetings with general manager,sales executive and the director of sales who are so friendly people. you feel like you are with your family. the resort is great, so romantic and relaxing. villas are so comfortable and you have a lot of privacy. the idea of the bike to ride in the island also is great. you can relax, make water activities, bike and stay 4 days in a dreaming place.

Room Tip: all rooms are great
1 Thank Norma E
Graham K, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Norma E,

Thank you for your review of Vittaveli, I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. The bicycles are popular with all age groups and nationalities, and we now have four different sizes for guests to choose from, for children , teenagers and adults, so everyone has a ride!

The spacious villas are often mentioned as a top selling point, and as each has it's own private pool, with Male being so close we are usually busy most of the year

I do hope we will have the honour and pleasure of welcoming you back to Vittaveli soon

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Everything was awesome and the clean private beach double awesome.
Most good thing that i came with my 3 kids and here they have a kids section and baby sitters takes care of your kids while you go for a dive or to any activity.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Zahidmengal
Graham K, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Zahidmengal,

Thank you for your review of Vittaveli, I am very glad that you enjoyed the resort with your family. Our Kid's Club is very popular and together with the short speedboat ride from the airport, is a major reason why families choose our resort.

We are developing five units of 2 Bedroom beach Villas this year to cope with the increased demand from families, and will have a renovated buffet section, new Sushi Lounge and Private Tandoor table ready by the end of this year, so plenty of new things to show you when you return

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Vittaveli soon and please let us know if you need any help with those reservations

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Hmmm...where to start. Stayed at the water villa from the 18th-22nd June. Having traveled quite extensively around the world, I have to say that this is hands down the best experience ever. The way Graham Kiy(the GM) and his team have treated us is nothing short of a miracle. Let me remember a few names of people who made our stay special. Khairul, rajkumar and prasad were awesome at the bar. Rasheed made sure that our room is spic and spam every single day. Ahmed out snorkeling instructor made sure that we were absolutely comfortable snorkeling deep in the sea. Salman and Firshan made sure that we have all reservations from our private speedboat to our restaurants. Also a shout out to the gym instructor (sorry forgot his name), There were so many resorts to pick from in the Maldives and we are so glad that we picked JV. I've never ever been so content with service. We are already planning to go there in Dec/Jan. Myself and my wife keep promoting this place every single day and a couple of my friends and colleagues have already booked this place. If you don't want to be disappointed and would like once in a lifetime holiday, JV is the place to go. Though I can write about JV all day long, I'm glad my wife is not writing this review as I'm sure she won't stop raving about this place.

Room Tip: We stayed at the water villa and the beach villa. You won't go wrong with choosing any of the tw...
Dear Sarf S,

Thank you for your very positive and generous review of Vittaveli. I really appreciate that you have gone our of your way to mention our colleagues Khairul, Rajkumar, Prasad, Rasheed, Ahmed Salman and Firshan by name as this is great encouragement and builds their confidence. It really is the colleagues who make a difference and I am very glad they made your stay memorable.

I do hope to see you again soon at the end of the year as you mentioned, please let us know if we can be of any assistance with your return reservation, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Vittaveli.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Out of hundreds of resorts in Maldives, JV was the only one which could impress me and so I picked this for my honeymoon. I stayed 5D4N at the water villa with sunset and it is terrific! All the staff are friendly and helpful esp our lifestyle host, who helped us arranged everything throughout our stay.
We've tried all the restaurants and all of them served excellent food. Honeymooners must try the private romantic dinner.
There are many choices of different activities too. I've tried the spa, romantic bath, snorkeling and sunset fishing (you may be able to see some dolphins if you're lucky). We enjoyed swimming and snorkeling near our villa everyday!
Although there were some niggles during our stay, Amit (the resident manager) has made some arrangements for us promptly which made our honeymoon trip PERFECT. We really appreciate his arrangements.
Our honeymoon trip can never be better at JV. At first I thought our stay might be too long, but eventually I found that 5 days were not enough and we should have stayed longer! We'll definitely come again for our anniversary/family trip in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JWong0316
Dear JWong0316,

Thank you for your review of Vittaveli, I am very glad that you enjoyed your honeymoon with us. as you mentioned, you picked our resort out of a choice of over a hundred in the Maldives, so we are genuinely flattered, thank you for your trust in us.

I will thank Amit personally for ironing out any niggles which might have cropped up during your stay, he is one of our talented and dedicated Ambassadors, who make a difference every day.

A healthy house reef is an important asset for any Maldives resort and I am glad you found ours did not disappoint, it is often mentioned by guests on these pages as a plus

Next time you visit we will be able to show you a renovated Samsara restaurant, a new sunken Tandoori, a Sushi and Music Lounge as well as some newly extended beach Villas, with a new children's bedroom which will be ideal for a couple wanting to relax with two young children

Please let us know if we may be of help with your next booking - we look forward to welcoming you back to Vittaveli and hope you will make this your home away from home in the Maldives

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Overall my water villa room is excellent but maybe in June the wave is too strong.
we do not dare to go down but the last day the wave is not so strong we tried to go down to the sea but we found the sea water is not deep.
we swim about 5m we can see many coral and fishes near by our room.
In this hotel there is 3 restaurant. the best is Samsara there are more choices in the menu compared to the other 2 restaurant.
The breakfast is does not have many choices, hope the management can improve on this.
and the food is almost the same everyday.
We also visited the diving center and we found that the price is high compared to the other Hotel.
Example
My last visit in Baros the price they charge for private yacht is USD500 for 3hr but here they charge USD900 for 2hr and comparing the boat, Baros is more luxury.
Stingray feeding. Jumeirah does not allow guest to feed. In Vivanta they allow guest to do feeding.

Hope the Jumeirah Management can improve on the issue.
I really appreciate Mr Shiva Kumar on the service he provided us.

Room Tip: Choice near by the gym room because wave is calmer and is nearer to the restaurant. the housekeeper...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Nelson8688
Dear Nelson8688,

Thank you for your report on Vittaveli, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. In general, currents in summer are stronger than in winter which makes snorkelling a different experience from one season to the next. If you are not 100% confident of your own swimming abilities, I do recommend booking a snorkelling trip with our Water Sports Centre, they will have at least two instructors with each group to take good care of all the guests.

Thank you for your remarks on the breakfast buffet. Starting this week we are executing a three stage renovation of our All Day Dining restaurant, which will see a more generously spaced dining area, a new buffet space with lots of live cooking stations and I am sure the variety and quality of food we offer will be better after this change.

We are also planning a sunken Tandoori table, as well as a Sushi and Music Lounge to add further variety to the restaurant offerings, so we hope you will visit us again and come and see the changes....

We regularly conduct research to ensure our pricing is competitive and the private yacht charter price is included in this research. I will see that we go through this exercise again to be sure our pricing is reasonable. I believe you are referring to our Windy Xanthos 52 yacht, although I am not sure exactly the model which other resorts are offering. You may refer to the www.Windy.no web site under Xanthos for details

As for fish feeding, the best advice I have is that it is best conducted under the guidance of a marine biologist, if guests are to be involved. As the species visiting us regularly are sting rays, we err on the side of caution and keep guests at a safe distance, not only for the guest's sake, but for the sake of the fish too. Fish are covered in slime which is very sensitive to contact with human skin, the naturally secreted acid on our skin would spoil the slime layer and leave the fish vulnerable to parasitic attack.

Our future plans include a Marine Biology Centre, so we will examine that idea again at that time, in the meantime we will continue to practice "safety first" - I hope you understand

I will see that we thank Shiva properly for the service he extended to you during your stay. I do hope to be able to welcome you back in the future, please let us know if we can help you with your return booking.

Warm regards,

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I wasn't really sure what resort to pick when booking but because I trust the Jumeirah chain, I picked Jumeirah Vittaveli and it was THE perfect choice. We stayed 3 nights. 2 in a beach sunset villa and 1 in an overwater sunset villa. Everything in the resort was very pleasing; 20 minutes from airport/ privacy in villas/ variety of food/ staff/ water sports activities/ spa .. etc. The only minor negative thing is that it's almost impossible to get an early check-in but even so, don't worry because you have many things to pass your time with.

Room Tip: Beach sunset villas have bigger private pool and access to the beach.
1 Thank IbraheemAlhanaky
Dear IbraheemAlhanaky,

Many thanks for your review of Vittaveli. Thank you for your support of our company, Jumeirah as well.

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I am glad that you managed to experience both our Lagoon and Beach Villas. Your kind comments on the cuisine of the resort as well as the Spa service will definitely be passed on to those teams and I am sure they will find encouragement from your kind words

We will be delighted to welcome you back in the future and hope you will be able to join us again. by the end of this year - we will have new experiences available for our valued clients: a private sunken Tandoori table, a new sushi bar and music lounge and a renovated buffet at our Samsara restaurant.

I hope we will see you again soon, please let me know if I may be of assistance with your next reservation with us.

Warm Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolifushi Island
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
#1 of 1 in Baros Island
Bandos Maldives
Bandos Maldives
#1 of 2 in Bandos

Been to Jumeirah Vittaveli? Share your experiences!